PDA

View Full Version : Hepatitis B/C Fear

Jamie123
05-10-20, 13:55
Hi guys I have just been to my barber and now I am panicking about Hepatitis. When the barber was was setting up he took the clippers from the sink which they to wash peoples hair. He did not wash or clean these but I was not aware of the risk so did now say anything and now I am at home I have a little cut which has freaked me out. At first I was not that worried and told myself don't be silly but now having read up on Hepatitis it can be transmitted by barbers so am freaking out. I have washed it but am still very panicked :(

nomorepanic
05-10-20, 14:03
You really don't have anything to worry about so stop googling and forget about it.

NoraB
05-10-20, 14:42
Hi guys I have just been to my barber and now I am panicking about Hepatitis. When the barber was was setting up he took the clippers from the sink which they to wash peoples hair. He did not wash or clean these but I was not aware of the risk so did now say anything and now I am at home I have a little cut which has freaked me out. At first I was not that worried and told myself don't be silly but now having read up on Hepatitis it can be transmitted by barbers so am freaking out. I have washed it but am still very panicked :(

Sanitising clippers in-between uses involves wiping away the hair and using an alcohol wipe. Maybe this had already been done when they were in the sink?

Jamie123
06-10-20, 15:25
Sanitising clippers in-between uses involves wiping away the hair and using an alcohol wipe. Maybe this had already been done when they were in the sink?

Hi Nora, my worry was that only a couple of them were loose and in the bottom of the hole in the sink in a metal mesh thing so it worries me that there may have been blood down there or on the clippers due to the hygiene of this particular barber.

Jamie123
06-10-20, 15:37
I agree that the googling doesn't help but for me I always feel like if I don't look for treatment immediately it will get worse, which makes me uneasy to just forget about it and get on with it

ankietyjoe
06-10-20, 19:29
I agree that the googling doesn't help but for me I always feel like if I don't look for treatment immediately it will get worse, which makes me uneasy to just forget about it and get on with it

Wrong. Googling makes it worse. There are no exceptions to this, and no ways around it.

Stop googling, and stop looking for problems that don't exist.

You cannot google and not experience anxiety. It's not possible.