PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Catherine Weekes books - recommendations on which ones?

lilysmith123
05-10-20, 17:49
Hi all,

Another day another post!! I'm determined after my opticians appointment (which he said my retina is fine and NOT detaching :yesyes:) that I will accept it, and move on. I'm not letting HA take another day from me and gonna kick it up the backside!

Alongside therapy, I want something for the house to help. I read that Dr. Catherine Weekes books can be good? Have any of you read them? Which one should I get first? Or are there any other books that you guys can recommend to help?

Thank you so much

Redsmum
05-10-20, 18:24
Hi all,

Another day another post!! I'm determined after my opticians appointment (which he said my retina is fine and NOT detaching :yesyes:) that I will accept it, and move on. I'm not letting HA take another day from me and gonna kick it up the backside!

Alongside therapy, I want something for the house to help. I read that Dr. Catherine Weekes books can be good? Have any of you read them? Which one should I get first? Or are there any other books that you guys can recommend to help?

Thank you so much

Hi Lilysmith, i can highly recommend two of Dr. Claire Weekes books which are Essential Help For Your Nerves & Self Help For Your Nerves i bought them years ago & have read them time & time again when i have been going through a crisis with my anxiety & nerves, they really do put things in perspective & are so interesting & insightful. Some of the phrasing she uses is quite dated now but this doesn’t detract from the books at all. Hope you find them helpful too & good for you in being proactive with getting a grip on this awful HA lots of us here suffer from. Take care.

lilysmith123
05-10-20, 18:33
Hey redsmum!

Thank you so much for that recommendation. I'll have to order them from Amazon tonight! I didn't realise how long ago they were written, it just shows how influential her work must have been considering there haven't seemingly been that many changes considering she is still so highly recommended. Can't wait to read them, thank you so much and take care :hugs:

Carnation
05-10-20, 19:02
I second that. Claire Weekes is excellent in my opinion.

nomorepanic
05-10-20, 19:32
Please order from here:

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/books

Thanks