PDA

View Full Version : adverse side effects to escitalopram?

Wilburis
27-10-07, 15:18
What are adverse side effects to escitalopram?

Do people actually get these side effects

Ive been on escitalopram for about 7 weeks now and feel worse each day!

Ive got aches and pain in my joints and muscles (all over), my joints feel swollen, I feel itchy and Ive felt nauseous and very dizzy.

I think back and can honestly say, I felt better without medication. Ive never felt so ill in my life with all these side effects. I dont think I can tolerate medication - but then what happens? I was much better just taking an ocassional diazepam when I felt really anxious!

Ive been suffering with panic etc for a year now. I know its not a long time, but it has been a lifetime for me, and Ive had enough now.

Why do I seem to get really awful side effects on meds? Can some people just not tolerate them?

Thanx for reading this - Liz xx

soggypops
03-11-07, 08:15
Hi Lizzie
Ive been on Cipralex(escitalopram) for about 6 weeks and they have been great till now ? The past week has been horrible. At first i had the achey joints and the feeling sick stuff and then i felt great!!!! But the past week my heart has started racing again and i feel all panicky. Ive read the leaflet that comes with it and it said side effects should only last 2 weeks? but to be honest mine have not. You did not say what dose your on ,im only on 5mg but i think i will start taking 10mg. Let me knowhow you get on .
Elly
x