PDA

View Full Version : Swollen gland in neck

ShortyW84
08-10-20, 06:54
So I may of posted a few time’s in the last month but it’s one thing after another at the moment, I’ve just noticed a swollen gland on my neck, it’s on the right hand side quiet low down where the shoulder and neck meets, I’ve never felt one there before but I’m in total panic now! Had enough now!

NoraB
08-10-20, 08:30
So I may of posted a few time’s in the last month but it’s one thing after another at the moment, I’ve just noticed a swollen gland on my neck, it’s on the right hand side quiet low down where the shoulder and neck meets, I’ve never felt one there before but I’m in total panic now! Had enough now!

You're basically scared of your body protecting you...

Have you had (or do you have) a cold, sore throat, any type of infection? Sinus infection. Earache? This time of year, the odds are that you do, or have.

ShortyW84
08-10-20, 09:05
I had a cold about three weeks ago the glands further up did swell up but they have gone down now, pretty sure this one wasn’t up then, I’m getting scared now that everything is connected :-(

nomorepanic
08-10-20, 11:02
I think you are jumping way ahead of yourself with this one.

It is a watch and see case to be honest.

NoraB
08-10-20, 13:09
I had a cold about three weeks ago

Rational reason for the swollen gland - especially if you've been prodding it, and HAers ALWAYS prod and poke.

ShortyW84
08-10-20, 13:20
Thank you, I have been prodding it since I found it my bad, if feels moveable which is a good sign so I read?!

NoraB
08-10-20, 13:31
Thank you, I have been prodding it since I found it my bad, if feels moveable which is a good sign so I read?!

Leave it alone and it will go down in its own time. :yesyes:

ShortyW84
08-10-20, 13:49
Thank you 😊

ShortyW84
09-10-20, 11:41
So I plucked up the courage to go doctors haven’t been for years, he was lovely, he checked my mouth could see what I was talking about but said it’s normal just larger than the other salivary glands, he said my collarbone lump was nothing to worry about and probably just how it grew and he could feel the gland in my neck but couldn’t find any others said it felt normal just enlarged, he said I can have blood tests just in case to ease my mind and then if I’m still worried I can get a scan, feeling much better thanks for all ur support :-)