PDA

View Full Version : Reassurance Needed

Frankie23
27-10-07, 16:40
I know we all get chest pains due to anxiety etc im on Citalopram and for the past 4 days im getting burning sensations in my toe its only in one toe not the others

Any advice?

Sarah Lou
27-10-07, 23:22
Hi Frankie

Is it your big toe? And if so, does it hurt like hell to move, like you could have broken it? I had these symptons come on when I was out on a shopping trip with a friend a few months ago, and by the next day it was so painful I took myself to A&E! To my surprise I was told it was Gout!!! Very unusual in women as it's usually linked with old men that live the high life (the docs words not mine!) I was mortified but also found it funny as there I was convinced my toe was broken and some doc was suppressing the giggles whilst diagnosing me with Gout!! (I'm only 38 years young!) It's caused by a build up of Urich (unsure of spelling) acid, and the doc told me that in women this could be caused by dieting, changes in eating habits, too much exercise or dehydration (to name a few).I had some tablets, it went within 3-4 dys and touch wood has never returned.

If it's not your big toe, then sorry for waffling (Lol) but if it is, then I hope this helps!:)

Sarah Lou x

fretty freda
27-10-07, 23:28
i am not sure what it is but i get a burning feeling down my arms and back of head sometimes , have you been wearing pointy shoes ? bet its nothing to do with medication but if your worried see gp xxxxxxx

Frankie23
02-11-07, 22:13
its not been happening for a few days so im wondering if it is the shoes!!!