PDA

View Full Version : Hard "Mole" picked off 🤦

RedStarPony
12-10-20, 12:35
Hello All, I'm just here ruining my life as usual 😩. I've not had anything massive to worry about for a long time but I've been under a lot of pressure with work (I run a small working farm and I'm self employed). I knew my brain was scanning for something because I've had a sore throat for 4 days... You know the type, doesn't get better or worse and I was pretty sure it was in my head. This morning I found... What I can only assume was a mole on my upper right arm (going to tell you exactly what it looked and felt like as only someone with health anxiety could 😵🤦), it was perfectly round... Strange light brown colour.... All the same colour, no darker, lighter or red patches and about quarter the size of a pepper corn, it was smooth and very hard, rock hard almost. Now because I have health anxiety I picked it straight off... I'm an idiot I know. The first bit came off like the top of a scab, and what was underneath can only be described as like white chalk, I scratched that off and now I have a small raised red bump. I am obviously worried I have the big C..... That's the go to for me. I've been in touch with the doctor... So hard to actually get an appointment these day, but the doctor is going to ring me back they said. I have just tipped myself into anxiety overdrive with it, it's one of my worst fears and I'm in a mess. Believe it or not this is not the first time I've had a mole that's scabbed, and the other 2 that did were fine... It was just the chalky stuff on this on it that bothered me. I apologise for the long rant, I just needed somewhere to dump the stuff going on in my head ☹️.

Pamplemousse
12-10-20, 22:48
Hello All, I'm just here ruining my life as usual 😩. I've not had anything massive to worry about for a long time but I've been under a lot of pressure with work (I run a small working farm and I'm self employed). I knew my brain was scanning for something because I've had a sore throat for 4 days... You know the type, doesn't get better or worse and I was pretty sure it was in my head. This morning I found... What I can only assume was a mole on my upper right arm (going to tell you exactly what it looked and felt like as only someone with health anxiety could 😵🤦), it was perfectly round... Strange light brown colour.... All the same colour, no darker, lighter or red patches and about quarter the size of a pepper corn, it was smooth and very hard, rock hard almost. Now because I have health anxiety I picked it straight off... I'm an idiot I know. The first bit came off like the top of a scab, and what was underneath can only be described as like white chalk, I scratched that off and now I have a small raised red bump. I am obviously worried I have the big C..... That's the go to for me. I've been in touch with the doctor... So hard to actually get an appointment these day, but the doctor is going to ring me back they said. I have just tipped myself into anxiety overdrive with it, it's one of my worst fears and I'm in a mess. Believe it or not this is not the first time I've had a mole that's scabbed, and the other 2 that did were fine... It was just the chalky stuff on this on it that bothered me. I apologise for the long rant, I just needed somewhere to dump the stuff going on in my head ☹️.

Sounds like seborrhoeic keratosis to me - I've got one on my leg. It's a good idea to get it checked out but the good news is that if that is what is, they're harmless. When I first got mine and showed it to my then GP, he smiled and said "welcome to getting old."

WiseMonkey
13-10-20, 06:36
Sounds like seborrhoeic keratosis to me - I've got one on my leg. It's a good idea to get it checked out but the good news is that if that is what is, they're harmless. When I first got mine and showed it to my then GP, he smiled and said "welcome to getting old."

Agreed, they look like moles and can be picked off. Moles actually can't be.