PDA

View Full Version : Be my voice of reasoning please ??

Sunshinegirl82
12-10-20, 13:01
I had a pelvic scan Jan 2019 Smear Oct 2019 all clear -started fluoxetine October 2019. My periods have been all over the shore since end of 2018 hence me Falling in this pit of health anxiety. November 2019 I had a spotting only lasted an hour and then never happened put it down to fuloxetine by GP and my self fast forward August 2020 had slight spotting after sex my period turned up the next day so GP put it down to that. October 2020 I’ve been going thorough some anxiety and was put on propranolol 1 x 40mg for one week and then just one tablet for one week the week after. I took that this Saturday and few hours later I had some spotting which was quite fresh obviously I came
To the worst case scenario uterine cancer. Spoke
GP this morning she said because of the cycle day it happened she’s not worried and also it might be my ADs as the chemist has changed my brand she said it could he because I’m turning 38 things change and she said it can be because of stress. She said she wasn’t worried so I just asked her what sort of spotting should I be worried about and what about the instances I’ve had previously she said I need to see her if it’s frequent and it’s happening for a few days at a time so I then asked her what if it happens next month and she just contact me if it does. So because she’s not took any immediate action and is not worried should I be ok in thinking she’s not thinking it’s something sinister and she only
Told me to contact her when I asked what if it happens next month . It’s all this over the phone business it doesn’t give me the same reassurance as meeting your gp face to face. Sorry for the long rant xx

BlueIris
12-10-20, 13:10
Pretty sure she's just trying to reassure you and let you know she's there if you're frightened next month.

Nothing she mentioned sounds to me as though you should be worried.

maryjane91
12-10-20, 14:07
I agree with BlueIris...
Also, spotting is very normal. For the last year or so (maybe more?) I've been spotting on a frequent basis... Quite often I'll be spotting from when my period ends until ovulation. Have had smear test and vaginal ultrasound, all normal. Bodies are weird and irregular, they're not machines. Frankly, they're quite annoying... But usually it's just that. Annoying. Nothing to be scared of. :)

BlueIris
12-10-20, 14:11
Maryjane, I'm so glad it's not just me :)

NoraB
12-10-20, 17:02
Bodies are just weird. I had spotting 2+ years after my last period (menopause)

As you can imagine, I sharted myself when this happened. The Big C, right? :scared15:

Anyhoo, I had to have an ultrasound and then a hysteroscopy because the lining of my womb was a bit thicker than it should have been and it warranted further investigation...

I got my results on December 24th - there was fluff all up with me! What a great Xmas pressie! Shame I'd worried myself DELIRIOUS! :whistles:

The moral of this story is that THESE THINGS JUST HAPPEN...

Fishmanpa
12-10-20, 17:39
Your doctor's opinion, being a medical professional, is all the reasoning you need ;)

Positive thoughts

Sunshinegirl82
13-10-20, 09:35
Thank your for your replies, I know she’s a doctor and I should just take her opinion but with the spotting there can be so
Many reasons from nothing to something sinister that it just throws you and with Health anxiety you just think worst case scenarios. I absolutely hate having health anxiety I’m a lot better than I was before with a lot of hard works but I still have blips and my periods these days are giving me a headache as well so unpredictable.😩