PDA

View Full Version : Downward Spiral

minion
16-10-20, 07:13
Hello. I am on a downward spiral. A couple of days ago was worried about my bladder. Now I have got my worst fear again in my head. ALS. I am convinced I am going to get it because I work with formaldehyde. I have read that there is a huge risk for people that work with this. But I love my job. My head is going to explode!

minion
18-10-20, 14:56
I don’t know if to leave my job. I love it but this worry is proving too much

NoraB
19-10-20, 08:08
I don’t know if to leave my job. I love it but this worry is proving too much

You have a choice minion - you accept the risk and continue to love your job, or you find another one.

minion
21-10-20, 19:20
Hi thanks for the reply. I feel it is too late as I have been exposed all this time! And it is inevitable that I will get it

minion
02-11-20, 17:47
Hi guys. I am really panicking as I was exposed today for about 20 minutes. I hate this downward spiral. Totally convinced I am getting als.

NoraB
03-11-20, 07:11
Hi guys. I am really panicking as I was exposed today for about 20 minutes. I hate this downward spiral. Totally convinced I am getting als.

Again, sort your fear out and enjoy your job, or find another one.

Those are your choices minion.

Only one person can get you out of this downward spiral and that's you.

minion
03-11-20, 19:33
Thanks NoraB. I know only I can do this but it is so hard to snap out of it. One minute I want to resign and the next I know I will regret it forever!

NoraB
04-11-20, 07:15
Thanks NoraB. I know only I can do this but it is so hard to snap out of it. One minute I want to resign and the next I know I will regret it forever!

This isn't something you can just 'snap out of' minion.

You clearly love your job and don't want to leave - so you need to put some serious effort into overcoming your fear, and understand that this will take time.

Resigning is the other choice, but it would only be a temporary fix. If you don't sort out the OCD, it will just reappear elsewhere.