PDA

View Full Version : Panicking

Slug
16-10-20, 10:12
I've been having headaches for a couple of weeks now, with a feeling of pressure/tightness across my forehead. It seems like it gets worse when I am looking at the computer screen, although even in between those screen times it only eases, doesn't go away altogether. Up until the headaches started, I was doing up to 15 hours a day at the computer, which I've had to reduce quite a bit but the headaches still haven't gone away.

I've managed to get myself really, really stressed it's indicative of something nasty. I've got an opticians appointment coming up and I am both really nervous to go to it but also desperate to know what is going on. Argh!

Lolalee1
16-10-20, 10:21
It’s eye strain by the sounds of it 15 hours on a computer! that’s a lot.
I once had a dog named Slug :yesyes:

Slug
16-10-20, 11:57
Thank you Loralee for your kind reply. I'm scared because I would have thought the eye strain would go away when I have a day off or a few hours off computer? But it only eases and doesn't completely go away.

Ironically my work, which keeps me at the computer, is one of my main distractions for anxiety... but its probably not helping my eyes.

Slug is a good name :D I can't remember now why I chose it as a screenname though.

Slug
16-10-20, 18:03
Just been to the opticians, and they couldn't see anything wrong, but suggested I go to GPs if it doesn't improve. I don't know whether to be reassured or even more concerned. So of course my head feels worse than ever now...

Slug
17-10-20, 05:31
Argh just woke up early panicking and with pains in my head.

Slug
17-10-20, 13:19
I've been having headaches for 2 weeks now and light headed quite a lot of it. i am so light headed today. Terrified that smething is seriously wrong.

MRS STRESS ED
17-10-20, 13:27
I've been having headaches for 2 weeks now and light headed quite a lot of it. i am so light headed today. Terrified that smething is seriously wrong.

It could be your blood pressure I'm exactly the same at the moment on medication now get it checked doesn't mean its anything bad anxiety makes your blood pressure go up take care xx

Dexter James
17-10-20, 13:29

Hi slug i know how you feel i sufferd all kinds of head symptoms for years its a common symptom of health anxiety i assume you have spoke to your GP

Slug
17-10-20, 14:12
Thanks both. I haven't made it to dr yet, but I need to. Have managed to get really upset about it. My blood pressure is often on the slightly high side.

MRS STRESS ED
17-10-20, 14:40
Thanks both. I haven't made it to dr yet, but I need to. Have managed to get really upset about it. My blood pressure is often on the slightly high side.

Well there's your answer get checked you will feel better when you know, otherwise you will keep thinking the worst xx

take care xx

venusbluejeans
17-10-20, 23:51
This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

Slug
18-10-20, 09:45
Well there's your answer get checked you will feel better when you know, otherwise you will keep thinking the worst xx

take care xx

Thanks. i had an ok aftenoon in the end yesterday. But got v light headed again last night and again today. I'll call my dr tomorrow but i am sure it will take weeks to be seen. I'm so anxious.

Slug
19-10-20, 09:50
Can't get hold of a drs appointment, am freaking out. Headache not as bad today but am still light headed :(

Slug
21-10-20, 15:26
Panicking still argh. I had a telephone appt with a dr, who wanted to wait and see before a proper appt. Although the headache reduces a bit when I rest, the dizziness is still here. Freaking out.

MRS STRESS ED
21-10-20, 16:02
oh bless you try not to keep worrying it will make it worse, its probably anxiety and alot of stress when I'm overly stressed l get headaches take care xx

Slug
21-10-20, 18:46
oh bless you try not to keep worrying it will make it worse, its probably anxiety and alot of stress when I'm overly stressed l get headaches take care xx

Thank you. i'm in a bad cycle now with anxiety making things worse :(

MRS STRESS ED
21-10-20, 20:48
Thank you. i'm in a bad cycle now with anxiety making things worse :(

You sound like you are bless you, I'm not in a good place too, but a post l read today really helped me it hit home about there is only us that can change this, so l am giving it everything l have got to get better please try and help yourself too take care xx

Slug
22-10-20, 09:54
I woke up today full of adrenaline and anxiety. I'm quite lightheaded today and a bit headachey. Really stressed and freaking out :(

Carnation
22-10-20, 11:47
Hi slug,

I did too. And no particular reason for it. I've just done some meditation which has helped a bit.
Just remind yourself it is just anxiety, nothing sinister.
Give yourself some light tasks to do today.
Relaxing is good, but it leaves your mind to wander. x

Slug
22-10-20, 12:11
Thanks Carn. I might go and sit in the sun for a bit. xx

Carnation
22-10-20, 12:20
That's my aim today. You can still get vitamin D this time of the year and you have to make the most of the sunny days :hugs:

MrLurcher
22-10-20, 12:44
Hi Slug, first and foremost, sorry you're going through this - headaches and head pains/aches can be very tiring.

Over the past two years, since my anxiety and stress went from being easily managable to almost debilitating, I've experienced two boughts of head issues. The first bought which hit me in the Summer of last year left me with a headache for almost two weeks. Not only a headache, but also dizziness, this strange sensation of someone pressing against both sides of my head, and also what I can only describe as 'head rushes' (this was a really bizarre and an almost indescribable sensation). Nothing I did or took helped, and the only time the sensations/pains subsided was when I lay down before bed.

That lasted around 2 weeks before disappearing completely. I can only assume the cause was anxiety and stress, but also panicking made the symptoms a lot worse. I had a mild reassurance start of this year, but nowhere near as bad.

I find with anxiety related physical symptoms, you just have to ride the wave until it passes.

Slug
22-10-20, 13:41
Thanks both. It's good to know I am not alone- although I am very sorry you are experiencing these kind of symptoms, too. I actually felt a bit better when sitting outside, but now I've been back at the computer for 45 mins I am feeling quite dizzy and tense again. I just really hope it passes soon as it's got me on such a feeling of being alert. I've had a few stressful situations this year and really just want to feel relaxed.

Carnation
22-10-20, 17:39
I went outside too slug and felt so much better.
Mr C and I even went for a drive and it was a beautiful day to be out in.
Soon as I came back indoors I immediately started to feel panicky again like you said.
But the fact we felt better going outside shows there's hope!

Slug
22-10-20, 19:16
I went outside too slug and felt so much better.
Mr C and I even went for a drive and it was a beautiful day to be out in.
Soon as I came back indoors I immediately started to feel panicky again like you said.
But the fact we felt better going outside shows there's hope!

It's true, something about being cooped up inside is making anxiety worse. It doesn't help that I'm on my own in the house every day, as I am working from home at the moment and my partner is not. Prior to the virus I never worked alone all day like this.

Glad you enjoyed your drive out. I'm hoping to get out tomorrow for a bit, even if it rains...

Carnation
22-10-20, 20:09
I agree, being indoors too long is not helping the anxiety.
I intend to go out tomorrow too.

Slug
26-10-20, 09:39
Well I had a few days where I was mostly ok, other than the light headedness. A few times I even managed to get properly distracted (interacting with people outdoors) and as a result didn't feel too light headed. Panicking again today though. Working from home ad being alone all day really getting to me :(

Carnation
26-10-20, 10:35
Hi slug,

I don't know whether you have already done this, but a constructed day might help. As if you had gone out to work. Take your breaks outside, have a lunch hour of sorts and have your working station in the same place.
It does seem to be the working bit that is triggering you.
Maybe there is a connection. x

Eevie
30-10-20, 21:55
Hello!
I am sorry you're also struggling with this I too have had a lot of head pressure in the past and it's always scared me but it has come and gone. However I have had it for about 6 weeks constantly with dizziness, I worry myself as my mother had a brain tumour so I always jump to the worst scenario as we all do with health anxiety. My dr has also put me on a high dose of NSAIDs and muscle relaxers in case it is to do with my TMJ disorder which I suffer with badly. But I have to call back in a couple of weeks if it continues.

The longer it goes on the more scared I get, I'm no doubt making the symptoms worse, but the dizziness and feeling so unsteady on my feet is hard to ignore along with the head pressure. It feels like someone is constantly pressing on my head. I too have had my eyes checked and wear glasses so it's not that either for me.

I hope yours eases off soon!