PDA

View Full Version : Don't read if ure squemish...eek!

xBettyBoopx
28-10-07, 00:57
Hi

This is embarasing but frightening. I had a lot of blood when I went for a 'poo' omg can't believe I'm saying this. I have had this on & off for quite a few years, but the blood I had tonight was a lot, now I'm sitting here thinking I'm gonna die. Stupid thing is that I have been told I have a pile, but that was quite a few years ago. Then I googled!! Live on my own and too late to phone anyone, really frightened, now I feel my tummy is blown out and feel like I wanna go to the loo again. I never get constipation so don't know why it would be a pile, or even if it is. Please someone out there have had this problem?
Sorry for the content but panicking real bad.
Elspeth

angiebaby
28-10-07, 01:09
I have worked with this problem and piles are very common and are not particular in who they appear in! It could be an internal pile, not seen on the outside, only felt by the gp. These can be easily fixed but can be very scary because you can loose a lot of blood with them. I suggest that if you need to go to the loo again then go, don't hold it in even though i know that you are scared. But once you go then you can reassess the situation, is there still blood, how much, any pain etc, etc. Another tip is what colour is the blood. If it is bright red then you are bleeding from your bottom, but if the blood is darker or towards black then the bleeding is higher up and the blood is darker because it has further to travel to come out. If this bleeding has started all of a sudden again then nip to the gp and get them to have another look at you. If you have been bleeding like this for a while and it is the same as usual then perhaps you ought to think about getting the gp to refer you to have it seeing to. Believe me it is very common and very easily fixed and people have this done all the time. But like i say, they bleed a lot and can be scary to see that you are bleeding from somewhere that you shouldn't be. Sometimes there can be a little tear inside the rectum which is caused by a bit of hard movement without you knowing and scratches you. These tears are harmless and will heal themselves with time. Make sure you eat plenty of fibre to help prevent this and to help to kept soft enough to not agrivate either a tear or a pile.
I hope this is of some help, like i say i have seen a lot over the years with things like this, but i would certainly suggest a trip to the gp and possible referral.x

jill
28-10-07, 01:10
Hi Elspeth :hugs:

I have had a pile for many years, its always there, ever since I had my first child, now its never hurts, BUT, sometimes it may burst, I may notice the in 2 ways,

1, when I wipe myself, its on the tissue

2. I turned to flush the loo and ohhh boy, it looks like a lot of blood, its splatted all over the pan. Its NOT alot really, just looks alot, the way a pile burst it blast the blood out like a little gun, POP and it fires in all direction, hence all over the pan :blush: :blush:

I know its dame hard for you hun, but you must calm down, YOU ARE NOT going to die.

Piles CAN come and go all the time, I am not even constapated when my pile burst, it can happen when you are loose too.

Have you got any cream for piles? I always have some in, just in case.

Hun, it sounds like piles to me hun, but get yourself checked in the morning, get a worm bath, this helps.

Please let us know how things go

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

xBettyBoopx
28-10-07, 01:29
Thank you angie and jill for your quick replies and all the information.

I kinda know that it's piles but the anxiety takes over and sitting here alone my mind goes haywire & think it's something more sinister:weep: :weep:

I will try and get to the doctors but I am agoraphobic:mad:

Jill - I didn't have any splattering over the pan, it was all in the water, looked awful.:shrug:

Thanks again for you help.

Take care

Elspeth

Krakers
28-10-07, 02:48
Hi all - sounds like piles to me as well. I've had them come and go for a number of years, and scared myself silly on occasion even though I knew what it was.

Coming back to angies post, I've also had an anal tear (lucky, or wot ?). This I knew about though - it hurt badly, and everytime I went it just opened up again, and there was the blood.

I eventually went to my GP's and it was a lady at the time that examined me. I was embarassed as heck, but she reassured me and gave me a cream to help the pain.

With me it was bright red - angie is spot on that the further blood travels, the darker it gets. So if it is red, then theres a 99% chance its something easily fixable, although it seems like a 'mare at the time.

Krakers.

bearcrazy
28-10-07, 03:45
:hugs:

Hi Elspeth,

Sometimes you get a 'fissure' when you tear the skin or pile and that bleeds quite a lot. Both my kids have them sometimes as they have IBS. they seem to have everything going LOL! Its quite harmless!

TC :flowers:

xBettyBoopx
28-10-07, 04:28
Hi Krackers

Thanks for your reply. I think it is a pile and/or piles, it was seeing all that blood that made me panic:ohmy:

Sorry that your kids have all their problems, hopefully they are having them while their young instead of as adults:yesyes:

I never get any pain with it but tis very itchy, and I'm usually quite loose, I've never had constipation in my life. Have had slight bowel probs for years, but no dr has ever said that it's IBS. I know I don't eat enough fibre, fresh fruit & veg, so I will do from now on:yesyes:

Thanks again for your replies and reassurance, it's nice to know that you can come here and at least one person will have had what you have got,lol. This site is so big, so many members. Nice to know I have somewhere to go when my fears grow beyond me, especially living alone:shades: :shades:

Take care Krackers, thanks again.

Elspeth

xBettyBoopx
28-10-07, 04:31
Oops sorry got the names muddled up. A bit confused at the moment, lol:D

Thanks to bear and krackers:yesyes:
Think I'd better go2 bed, lol.

Take Care

Elspeth

nomorepanic
28-10-07, 14:15
Elspeth

I had piles for the frist time last Christmas time and my god there was a lot of blood - it was literally running out of me.

Went to docs and got some cream that cleared them up though I still have bouts of it.

The doc will probably give you some cream and some suppositories to help calm things down.

TracyL
29-10-07, 01:48
Elspeth

I too have piles and had the tear. Heaps of blood in the toilet and it scared me to death. Don't worry, you're not alone. I suffer IBS and things like this flare up now and then.

Take care
Tracy

kittykat
29-10-07, 09:58
Hey Elspeth,

I got up this morning and guess what, went to the loo and bright red blood in the toilet and on the paper.
I've had piles on and off for a while now and can remember the first time it happened , god was I scared. I agree with everthing that has been said, but regardless I would still get it checked, as it doesn't matter what anyone says , a doctors opinion always gives you that final bit of reassurance. Sometimes its hard to get a balance between eating too much fibre as opposed to too little as both can affect me, causing discomfort. Hope you are feeling a bit better today and please let us know how you get on.

take care
shirley x

xBettyBoopx
30-10-07, 05:10
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r307/freecommenttags/Thank%20You/aSilvBlondeTY.gif (http://www.freecommenttags.com) for all your replies, you certainly did reassure me. I have been fine since that one time, but I will try & get to the drs although that in itself will be an ordeal:mad:

Thanks again

Love

Elspeth

northern_sky
30-10-07, 19:13
I have a tear (anal fissure) and have had blood when I go to the toilet for about 6 weeks. The doctors never looked alarmed when I mentioned the blood so I guess it is common. Having a camera in my bowels next month. Fun! :blush:

xBettyBoopx
02-11-07, 03:52
Hi to all,
Thank you for all the reassurance that you gave me, it got me through that night. I never had anymore problems, so won't be trying to go to the doctors, too much panic.
Northern_sky about 12 years ago I had the camera up the butt, it's not pleasant but doesn't last very long, they didn't find any problems, just said it was inflammed. I hope you get on ok with it:yesyes:
Take care
Elspeth

peach
02-11-07, 07:51
hi,
just to let you know, i suffer from ibs (runny) and always get a tiny bit of blood dots with number twos-normal for me, but last year i too had heaps on one occassion- i so know how scary it can be if your not informed of what it most likely is....i was almost fainting!
rang my doc, and she wasnt phased in the slighest, said if it happens again soon after, then go see her. it hasnt happened again to that degree since, so i figure i teared myself even tho it didnt hurt at the time, just itchy for half hour after, then fine.
nice to know this is very common and no big deal.

take care

northern_sky
02-11-07, 17:38
Thanks Elspeth. I got my hospital letter today saying I have an enema to look forward to as well. :wacko: I'm panicking already of course. :blush: