PDA

View Full Version : Worried about exposure to baby powder? Is it that bad for you?

Ryank65
16-10-20, 15:25
I知 26 year old male. When I was 22 I used baby powder to make my room smell good for about 5 months. I have read about talc being in baby powder and possible asbestos in the talc. I used to live, breathe, and sleep in that room with baby powder floating around for months.

I知 worried I知 going to get cancer down the road from just trying to make my room smell good. Should I be concerned? Is baby powder that bad for you? Am I screwed?

BlueIris
16-10-20, 15:28
Do you really think it would be on sale for use on babies' skin if it was unsafe?

Use your non-HA brain.

Olivia_H
17-10-20, 01:57
Most baby powder nowadays (and has been for a while) is actually PURIFIED talc. In fact, the most used brand in my country is Johnson's and I have a bottle right next to me and I also use it to set my makeup because I am sheet white. It says under the brand name in small letters "purified talc" i.e no asbestos just pure talc mineral powder. There is no chance of you having inhaled any asbestos from your talc usage. Try and relax :)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk