PDA

View Full Version : family member tested positive for COVID :(

kalny
19-10-20, 10:07
Hi guys,

Could do with some support today - feeling really anxious for the first time in a while. I kind of knew this day would come but it was still quite a shock. A member of my household has tested positive and I'm freaking out a little bit. She is absolutely fine - me on the other hand, bit of a mess. I feel like I've had a lingering cold for the last few days, today it's like a proper head cold. Congestion I can't clear.

Freaking out big time over here. Send help! :weep:

nomorepanic
19-10-20, 14:07
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

Scass
19-10-20, 18:03
I’m glad she’s feeling fine, that’s the first positive you can take from this. I know I’d probably be a bit of a mess too. Can you get a test?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kalny
19-10-20, 18:19
I’m glad she’s feeling fine, that’s the first positive you can take from this. I know I’d probably be a bit of a mess too. Can you get a test?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for replying to me Scass. I've managed to get a test through my wife's employer as I'm feeling a little under the weather. Not really sure if I'm feeling this way because of the anxiety or if I'm actually unwell. It's hard to quantify my anxiety at the moment.

pulisa
19-10-20, 20:29
You've done the right thing by getting a test, Kalny. It's the only way to know..It's bound to make you anxious but you can't make this go away so the only thing you can do is self-isolate and wait for the test result. Are you able to think of anything you could do to distract yourself just for a bit?

kalny
21-10-20, 10:47
You've done the right thing by getting a test, Kalny. It's the only way to know..It's bound to make you anxious but you can't make this go away so the only thing you can do is self-isolate and wait for the test result. Are you able to think of anything you could do to distract yourself just for a bit?

Thanks Pulisa, I did my test yesterday so waiting to hear back.

I've been trying a few things - housework and such. Keeping my kids entertained.

My anxiety is based around physical symptoms - so yesterday I felt absolutely fine it was a really good day for me. Today it's only 10am and like, I'm freaking out already as I have some weird back pain which I've never had in my life. It has kept me up all night, even when not moving randomly I'll get a surge of pain middle upper back which lasts a few seconds and goes. It's possible I could have pulled something. It's just really not helping right now!