PDA

View Full Version : Hi and Help

mad4it
28-10-07, 03:20
Hi
This thing has struck so quickly I am still trying to make sense of it. I wake up everyday feeling absolute terror. I don't want to tell an entire life story but I will say that I hate this thing because it has affected my ability to care for my 3 sons (something i was good at). Now i dare not even walk them to school. Instead taxi driver strangers take them.

Hate It!!

Hate It!!

bearcrazy
28-10-07, 03:48
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Hi,

You have come to the right place for support.Lots of people will be able to empathise with what you are going through, and will be there for you. We do have fun too though! Hope you start to feel better soon,

TC xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

mad4it
28-10-07, 04:10
Thanks Bear

I really hope so!!

:yesyes:

Pink Panic
28-10-07, 10:00
Hi there and welcome :hugs:

Don't put yourself down because you can't get your kids to school yourself at the mo. My daughter gets a taxi too and she loves it and says to her mates she gets chauffeur driven ! lol

Hope you feel better soon.

Pink
x

JulieAs45
28-10-07, 11:03
Hi Mad4It :flowers:

Welcome to NMP. :yesyes:

I felt exactly the same as you a while back, that feeling of terror is just so awful and overwhelming. I couldn't take my kids to school much either and relied on friends to do the school run for me, infact I couldn't do loads of stuff with the kids. Felt so much guilt about it because couldnt do a simple things like walk to the park or take them shopping. Don't feel guilty about getting the kids to school in a taxi because although not the way you would want it you are getting them there, so be proud of that. I've learnt now not to feel so guilty about it as it will make it so much worse and accept any help that you can. :hugs:

Since January I've really worked hard at it and pushed myself, it wasn't easy but I really feel like I've come thru it and life now is good, still have the occasional 'wobble' but on the whole its as 'normal' as possible and that feeling of terror has passed. :yesyes:

In January I started taking meds which really sorted me and I read a great book that really helped and if you want to send me private message with address I can email it to you. The best thing tho was finding this site its helped loads to know I'm not alone and I've made some great friends, so you are in a good place. :yesyes:

Just want you to know, you can get better and do all the stuff with the kids you want to do. :yesyes:

Keep positive and take care. :yesyes:

Julie :flowers:

mad4it
28-10-07, 14:32
Just to say thanks for the kind and inspiring messages. The feelings of guilt over my kids is intense and I know I need to give myself a break. Cheers :flowers:

nomorepanic
28-10-07, 15:48
Hi mad4it

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

honeybee3939
28-10-07, 16:56
Hi Mad4it

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:smile:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

Nibbles
28-10-07, 21:59
Hi Mad4it and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Southern_Belle
29-10-07, 23:05
Hi,

Welcome to NMP. I understand your guilt but try to understand that you are doing the best you can do right now. Take things one day at a time. Everyone here understands and you will get great support.

Hugs,

Laura

B happy
30-10-07, 17:11
hi i am the same as you i cant take my kids to school or to the park anywhere raly and i do feel the guilt i suffer from doesant make feel any better and my family say that i am just being stupid but i no now not to take any notice because none of us want be like this and someday hopefully we will all get over this in time good luck love and hugs
from sadly b

Lindalou64
02-11-07, 23:32
Hello Mad4it And Welcome To The Site.........linda

PUGLETMUM
03-11-07, 07:36
:) this guilt is a particular problem for agoraphobics,but one that can be dealt with quite easily,as was told me by my very supportive therapist, if you havent done anything wrong you dont need to feel guilty!!! its as simple as that!leave the guilt for people who have done something wrong!! you didnt become like this on purpose, so you dint have to take your kids to school! you have become disabled by fear of fear,and you can reverse that process, as many of us have done. you will not make progress while you are burdening yourself with guilt, it is a destructive emotion.so give yourself a break and start working on your recovery!!

groovygranny
04-11-07, 19:35
Hello mad4it :welcome:to you!

Yes, the guilt is one of the most difficult things to overcome in my opinion. Although mine is over something completely different, I can underrstand how you must feel. But, we have to work towards releasing ourselves from it - it will only hold us back otherwise. I'm still on the learning curve!

Anyway, you'll find plenty of help and support here - pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

chucklehound
04-11-07, 20:29
Hi and welcome to NMP :)