PDA

View Full Version : Is this a panic attack?

Conkers12
19-10-20, 12:47
Last week I was feeling really anxious and started to get the internal shakes - definitely anxiety!
Then about half hour later I suddenly started shivering and couldn’t get warm. I went to bed and felt really unwell - tension headache, all my body felt hot like I had a fever but my feet were so cold. It was almost like I was coming down with the flu.
The next morning I woke and just felt groggy and not quite right. I had a horrible taste in my mouths all day.

nomorepanic
19-10-20, 13:00
Sounds like anxiety and not a panic attack as such. You would know if you were having a panic attack as they are awful!

NoraB
19-10-20, 13:06
Like Nicola says, you'd know if it was a panic attack...

meltedchic
04-11-20, 09:29
Sounds like anxiety and not a panic attack as such. You would know if you were having a panic attack as they are awful!

My mom shivers too whenever she overthinks and fear floods her. So this is anxiety and not panic attack?

bin tenn
13-11-20, 05:26
My mom shivers too whenever she overthinks and fear floods her. So this is anxiety and not panic attack?

Sounds that way, yeah. A panic attack is usually rather intense, and peaks around 10-15 minutes after onset, may last 30min or several hours in total. Chronic anxiety, on the other hand, is not a moment but an extended state of being - well - anxious. And being anxious over an extended period causes many symptoms, including what you've been dealing with.