PDA

View Full Version : Just Tested Positive - Success Stories and Reassuarnce

leanderson2012
20-10-20, 05:04
Hi All,

Like so many others, I've tested positive today for COVID-19. So far, my symptoms are mild, and I'm lucky to not be at risk (30 yrs. old, fairly fit, no major underlying conditions with the exception of manageable asthma). However, like so many others, I'm completely panicking about the diagnosis. I can't help but go to the worst case scenario in my head.

I'm wondering if, for my sake as well as for the sake of others, there are any success stories about having had and beaten COVID that you're willing to share? At the same time, I'm also happy to share my experience on here for anyone who wishes to know, if it would provide some level of comfort for you.

Stay well and be safe everyone <3

Amurfina
20-10-20, 15:26
Hi I hope you are ok. I tested positive on the 23rd September. I had a fairly mild dose (just like a bad cold) and like you I was terrified wondering whether I would take a turn for the worse but I didn’t and I was back on my feet within 7 days and felt much better on the 8th day. I still get occasional bouts of fatigue but don’t how much of that is linked to COVID and how much is linked to my anxiety and being in lockdown for so long. Get plenty of rest, take Vit C & zinc and Vit D, lots of fluids. Your appetite may disappear for a few days (mine did) so if it does just eat anything you can bear for strength. I found I could manage plain noodles, pasta with a bit of tomato sauce on and baked beans (if you guys have those over there). I also have manageable asthma and I am mid forties. Try not to panic (says me!). You will get through it. Sending lots of love xxx

leanderson2012
20-10-20, 16:43
Thank you so so much Amurfina. I'm so sorry you had to go through this but I am also so glad that you are feeling on the mend. Right now I'm on my seventh day of exposure, maybe day 3-4 of symptoms actually showing, and I have the same experience as you, at least for now it just feels like a head cold, with just occasional waves of tiredness and weakness. Had I not known about my exposure I wouldn't have even gotten tested (I say this with the hopes of other people reading this will take comfort in the fact that so far this is another example of a mild case). I also am having allergies right now, and I can't tell if my "head cold" is truly a symptom of COVID, or if it's just a very poorly timed mild sinus infection due to allergies!

I've placed in an order of vitamins to be delivered today. Thank you so much again for your story, Amurfina. I hope your fatigue goes away soon, and that you're mentally okay. Thank you for being strong and sharing your story with me. Taking it one hour at a time!

Kirbear
20-10-20, 18:12
Hi,

My sister has just gone back to work after having to isolate with Covid. She is early 30’s and has asthma. She said she felt different and weird but had worse illnesses in the past.

My friends mum is in a care home, she has dementia and she is in her 80’s. She’s been quite poorly but not to the point of hospitalisation. She now seems to be improving. A couple of blokes I know have it too and thought they had flu. All have said if they hadn’t known about Covid they would have assumed bad cold or flu. I know not everyone is as lucky but your odds are with you rather than against you. Hope you feel better soon x

ankietyjoe
20-10-20, 18:33
Mortality for a healthy person in their 30s seems to be so low as to be irrelevant. Lower than 0.1% iirc for people under 70, as illustrated by a recent video by Dr John Campbell, who was collating global data of actual cases. Percentage would be much lower for anybody around 30.

leanderson2012
21-10-20, 18:53
Thank you both for sharing your story and for the data. That does help a lot. @Kirkbear, I'm glad that your sister is feeling better and I hope she continues to feel okay! And that's an amazing story about your friend's mom. It goes to show that it's not always (in fact, usually not, per what @ankietyjoe shared), debilitating.

I'm sharing an update to my symptoms with the hope that it will give some people comfort to know what it's like. I am finding comfort in hearing other people's stories and day by day progressions, and I hope this might provide some comfort to you too if you're looking for it:

I'm on day 8 of exposure, day 4/5 of displaying symptoms. The first 3-4 days of symptoms were completely fine, and I normally wouldn't have given what I was feeling a second thought. Occasional waves of tiredness/weakness, and some congestion. Felt like a mild-occasionally moderate head cold.

Last night though was a "bad night", but here's the good news! It wasn't even that bad! I felt incredibly weak and tired, more so than I have in awhile, and it hit me pretty suddenly. I ate some food and immediately felt nauseous after it and was shaking. I did a DIY steam (aka put some boiling water with essential oils in a bowl and stuck my head over it with a towel), then took a hot shower. I try to stay in the shower for as long as I can to take advantage of the steam, but I just couldn't muster up the energy for a longer shower last night (keep in mind, I was able to stay standing and walking through all of this, and could even get the energy to put my dishes in the sink!). I crawled into bed and called my parents (completely panicking), and spent the next 45 min-1 hour going between my bathroom feeling like I was going to throw up, and laying in bed. Then, after about an hour, I felt better! Not great, but definitely not bad. The hardest part was the fear and hanging up the call with my parents.

Today, I definitely feel a little worse than yesterday, but it's not bad. It's gone from a mild head cold to a bad head cold. I've lost my appetite and can tell I'm losing/have lost my sense of taste, but I truly am okay! Honestly, it just feels like a bad head cold now, and my main symptom so far is lost of congestion. No fever or problems breathing at the moment. Weirdly enough, my gums are bleeding a bit when I brush my teeth, but I wonder if that's more of a side effect from mouth breathing 24/7 at the moment :winks:

Am I scared about what could happen in the next few days? Absolutely. I am petrified, and my anxiety spikes like no other. I don't want to pretend like I'm completely fine, but I also want people are are afraid of it to hopefully take comfort in my story so far. I was petrified of getting it, and now I have it, and so far I'm still here!

pulisa
21-10-20, 19:43
It sounds as though the fears are far worse than the symptoms? This is such a helpful and insightful thread and hopefully it helps you too by writing it all down and keeping things in perspective? Let's face it..you wouldn't be able to or feel like writing such a detailed account of your experience if you were truly "struck down" by covid!

Thank you so much and look after yourself.. Get well soon!

Pamplemousse
21-10-20, 19:47
Mortality for a healthy person in their 30s seems to be so low as to be irrelevant. Lower than 0.1% iirc for people under 70, as illustrated by a recent video by Dr John Campbell, who was collating global data of actual cases. Percentage would be much lower for anybody around 30.

I'm struggling with "mid-50s, morbidly obese, T2 diabetic, hypertension"

That adds up to "catch it and you're dead" in my head.

Lencoboy
21-10-20, 20:56
It sounds as though the fears are far worse than the symptoms? This is such a helpful and insightful thread and hopefully it helps you too by writing it all down and keeping things in perspective? Let's face it..you wouldn't be able to or feel like writing such a detailed account of your experience if you were truly "struck down" by covid!

Thank you so much and look after yourself.. Get well soon!

I think you're right about the fears being far worse than the actual symptoms, Pulisa.

TBH, I have been feeling a bit off the past couple of days with a couple of cold-like symptoms on and off, but so far, apart from the odd little coughs, none of the foremost symptoms of Covid, and I keep reminding myself that I have had such illnesses pretty much every year for the entire 43 years I have been alive.

Obviously the scariest thing about Covid is it can adversely affect people seemingly at random, though thankfully the vast majority of infectees so far have survived and successfully recovered and those whose lives have sadly been taken by this wretched virus have so far been in the minority, and in most instances, already suffering from other underlying ailments and/or were very old.

Perhaps some (or maybe even all) of the very tiny few who have reportedly been reinfected with Covid might have (previously unknowingly) had 'long Covid' which we have only really been made aware of over recent weeks, though that's only just me guessing as I am in no way qualified to state it as gospel.

fishman65
21-10-20, 21:31
I'm struggling with "mid-50s, morbidly obese, T2 diabetic, hypertension"

That adds up to "catch it and you're dead" in my head.PM - can you shield at all? Until vaccines are available to at-risk groups? I worry about Mrs F too. Mid 50s, 15st, Type 2 diabetes, crohns disease, epilepsy, fibromyalgia.

leanderson2012
21-10-20, 22:04
@Pulisa, you are spot on. So far, the fears and mental anxieties are far worse than the symptoms. My friend who had it last week (who I caught it from) hit a fever of 104*F last Thursday (Can you imagine!), and she still firmly believes that the fear and anxiety of having it was worse than the 104* fever (to help provide some comfort and additional detail - she is fine. She was knocked off her feet for a day or two, but was able to recover at home. She also has asthma, and additionally has a minor heart condition and has a bit of a weaker immune system). Of course, things could change for me where the symptoms become worse than the fear, but let's hope it does not come to that :) There is a much stronger chance that it will not come to that, and that I will be able to recover just fine. @Pulisa, I'm so glad this thread is helpful for you! I hope it is the same for others. It does give me a lot of comfort and help pull me out of my head. Last night when I dipped I thought, "This is it, I'm not going to make it through the night" (that was the anxiety talking). And now writing it out I realize yes, it wasn't fun but I certainly wasn't on (or even NEAR) my deathbed either :D

@Pamplemousse, I hear and totally understand your fears. What you're feeling is real and honest and understandable. But try to remember that there are absolutely no guarantees with this, either for it to go well or poorly. Remember though, the numbers are on your side. There ARE people with similar (and worse!) conditions than you who have made it. If you do catch it (which I hope you don't), remember that this right now just feels like a bad cold for me, and for many others. If this was 2019 (what a simpler time!) and I was having the exact same symptoms, the only day I would have taken off of work is today. Every other day (so far!) has been a mild head cold. I know it's different for everyone, but it's very possible you will be the same. And you can get through a head cold :hugs:

@Lencoboy, I'm sure you're fine! But of course, if it helps or you feel as if it could be an issue, get tested just for peace of mind. I have had so many similar symptoms during these past 7 months (and the past 30 years) and it was never anything more than just a sinus issue that resolved itself in a few days. I will say, the one thing that has separated this for me was the waves of fatigue and weakness I felt. That felt different than "just the sniffles", so I hope you and others can find comfort in knowing that, while my symptoms were mostly benign, there was something a little more "off" about them that differentiated them. Sunday night (5 days after exposure, and the day I took what would turn out to be my positive test), I got out of the shower and just felt so tired all I wanted to do was crawl into bed. It was a familiar feeling, the kind of tiredness you get when you are truly sick/getting sick, but it was different than the normal "long day, stressful day" tired.

I had a burst of energy earlier this afternoon, similar to one I had yesterday, so I think my pattern is that in the afternoon I feel my best, and then I slowly get a little weaker as the evening comes on. I can feel myself starting to dip right now, both in terms of energy/overall wellness level and, in response, spiking in anxiety. So what does this mean for me? Probably a similar night to last night. Will I still freak out and panic if and when I hit my low low point? Ohh yes. But I'm also hopeful that the perspective from last night will help diminish it slightly.

I can continue to post more updates if this is helping others (It's definitely helping me!). Stay safe everyone. We'll be okay <3

leanderson2012
22-10-20, 20:06
Day 9 of exposure, day 5/6 of symptoms:

I feel simultaneously better and a little weaker today. The symptoms of the "head cold" feel better, but I feel very, very tired. I did not have as significant of a wave of fatigue and weakness last night than I did the night before, which was a welcome development. I feel as if I am at a turning point where I am either turning the corner and getting better, or it's about to get worse. I do feel like I'm starting to get back to my more normal self in a few ways, I'm craving more "real" food (still can't taste, but last night I ordered sushi and absolutely drenched it in wasabi just to feel something while eating :D), while earlier this week all I wanted was soup and tea. I also feel like I'm starting to get my appetite back. This morning I had some bad cramps and queasiness, but I'm not sure that was a direct symptom of COVID. I didn't eat much yesterday, and after eating some oatmeal, toast, and a banana today I felt better. I also slept on my stomach last night, per my nurse friend's suggestion to help ward off pneumonia. I have to say, I'm not sure which is worse: Pneumonia, or sleeping on your stomach when you're completely congested and after you've just eaten sushi that is drenched in wasabi :winks::roflmao:

I've developed on occasional cough that is loose, productive, and easy. That is scary for me, because a big fear of mine is this getting into my chest and causing pneumonia. My anxiety is high today because I do feel like I'm at a turning point and I just don't know if it's going to get worse or continue to get better. Regardless of what happens, I need to stay positive and remind myself that I am strong enough to handle it even if it does get worse!

Right now I am just listening to my body, and what it wants to do right now is stay in bed, rest, and occasionally eat (which is a good, new development!), so that's what I'm going to do. I'm also steaming at least once a day, taking a hot steam shower twice a day, and have my humidifier running. Lots of tea, vitamins, and fluids. So far, that's continued to work and I just hope it stays that way! Any words of encouragement or success stories would be appreciated, but I also understand we all have to take care of ourselves first. I hope everyone is doing okay <3

Lencoboy
22-10-20, 20:39
@Pulisa, you are spot on. So far, the fears and mental anxieties are far worse than the symptoms. My friend who had it last week (who I caught it from) hit a fever of 104*F last Thursday (Can you imagine!), and she still firmly believes that the fear and anxiety of having it was worse than the 104* fever (to help provide some comfort and additional detail - she is fine. She was knocked off her feet for a day or two, but was able to recover at home. She also has asthma, and additionally has a minor heart condition and has a bit of a weaker immune system). Of course, things could change for me where the symptoms become worse than the fear, but let's hope it does not come to that :) There is a much stronger chance that it will not come to that, and that I will be able to recover just fine. @Pulisa, I'm so glad this thread is helpful for you! I hope it is the same for others. It does give me a lot of comfort and help pull me out of my head. Last night when I dipped I thought, "This is it, I'm not going to make it through the night" (that was the anxiety talking). And now writing it out I realize yes, it wasn't fun but I certainly wasn't on (or even NEAR) my deathbed either :D

@Pamplemousse, I hear and totally understand your fears. What you're feeling is real and honest and understandable. But try to remember that there are absolutely no guarantees with this, either for it to go well or poorly. Remember though, the numbers are on your side. There ARE people with similar (and worse!) conditions than you who have made it. If you do catch it (which I hope you don't), remember that this right now just feels like a bad cold for me, and for many others. If this was 2019 (what a simpler time!) and I was having the exact same symptoms, the only day I would have taken off of work is today. Every other day (so far!) has been a mild head cold. I know it's different for everyone, but it's very possible you will be the same. And you can get through a head cold :hugs:

@Lencoboy, I'm sure you're fine! But of course, if it helps or you feel as if it could be an issue, get tested just for peace of mind. I have had so many similar symptoms during these past 7 months (and the past 30 years) and it was never anything more than just a sinus issue that resolved itself in a few days. I will say, the one thing that has separated this for me was the waves of fatigue and weakness I felt. That felt different than "just the sniffles", so I hope you and others can find comfort in knowing that, while my symptoms were mostly benign, there was something a little more "off" about them that differentiated them. Sunday night (5 days after exposure, and the day I took what would turn out to be my positive test), I got out of the shower and just felt so tired all I wanted to do was crawl into bed. It was a familiar feeling, the kind of tiredness you get when you are truly sick/getting sick, but it was different than the normal "long day, stressful day" tired.

I had a burst of energy earlier this afternoon, similar to one I had yesterday, so I think my pattern is that in the afternoon I feel my best, and then I slowly get a little weaker as the evening comes on. I can feel myself starting to dip right now, both in terms of energy/overall wellness level and, in response, spiking in anxiety. So what does this mean for me? Probably a similar night to last night. Will I still freak out and panic if and when I hit my low low point? Ohh yes. But I'm also hopeful that the perspective from last night will help diminish it slightly.

I can continue to post more updates if this is helping others (It's definitely helping me!). Stay safe everyone. We'll be okay <3

Thanks for expressing your concerns, Leanderson.

I'm sure it's not Covid and probably normal seasonal cold-like symptoms, but I shall remain vigilant of course, and I shall take appropriate action if I deteriorate even further over the coming days, but I'm still confident it's not Covid, as I'm sure I might have already had it back in February without an official diagnosis, as my ailments back then had many of the hallmarks of Covid, though the worst flu/virus I have ever suffered so far during my lifetime was almost 20 years ago back in December 2000, at the age of 23, which knocked me for six for well over 3 weeks, and I remember spending almost all of Christmas Day in bed, only getting up to use the toilet when needed, and even opening my presents in bed!!

I also had severe ear infections over that seemingly relentless 3-week period with being unable to hear out of my left ear, and I hadn't fully recovered until around the 4th or 5th of January 2001.

Even though I literally felt like I was dying on a couple of occasions during that 3-week 'virus', I never even gave the 'fear of death' a second thought.

Could well have been Covid-2000!!

Re my second paragraph, I am feeling quite a lot better so far today.

pulisa
22-10-20, 20:42
This thread should be called "CovidWatch"!!

Try not to think of the "turning point" aspect..My bet is you'll continue to feel better and stronger especially now that your appetite is returning. You're young and fit and will shake this off. You are able to look after yourself and are doing all the right things in order to recover as soon as possible. Make the most of having the chance to get some rest and take each day as it comes without worrying about what may happen..because chances are it won't and you'll have wasted all that precious energy worrying for nothing!

Lencoboy
22-10-20, 20:51
This thread should be called "CovidWatch"!!

Try not to think of the "turning point" aspect..My bet is you'll continue to feel better and stronger especially now that your appetite is returning. You're young and fit and will shake this off. You are able to look after yourself and are doing all the right things in order to recover as soon as possible. Make the most of having the chance to get some rest and take each day as it comes without worrying about what may happen..because chances are it won't and you'll have wasted all that precious energy worrying for nothing!

Very wise words as per usual, Pulisa.

I do often wonder if viruses have pretty much always been omnipresent in some form or another (during the postwar period) but often with us being unaware of their existence at the time, even if, when and where potentially fatal?

Likewise, I'm sure Norovirus must have always been around in some form or another, but it's only been within the past 20 years or so that we've really started making such a big deal out of it.

leanderson2012
23-10-20, 23:22
COVID WATCH: DAY 5/6 of symptoms, Day 10 of exposure (Thank you @Pulisa for the title suggestion :D:D)

Symptoms continue to feel a bit better! Not huge gains, I wish I was back to feeling closer to 100% but that's just not a reality with this! Back to feeling like a head cold and the tiredness feels more run-of-the-mill sick tired. Yesterday was a different kind of tiredness and I was so out of it that I couldn't actually fall asleep. Biggest symptoms today are a bit of a sore throat, cough (which still makes me nervous, because in my mind coughing = pneumonia, even though I know logically that coughing helps prevent pneumonia! It's funny how anxiety works), sinus pressure, lots and lots of sinus pressure (I'm squinting as I'm typing this as the screen is a little too bring for me wee sinus tired eyes :wacko:). Other than that, the overarching symptom is tiredness. I was able to take a nap today and I look forward to falling asleep again tonight.

Loss of taste and smell was interesting and unusual to begin with (as I was losing it, I enjoyed updating my friends and family on what things tasted like. Bananas tasted spicy.), but now it's starting to get to me. While I can still get the medicinal benefits of tea and soup, I don't get the immediate benefit of sipping some hot lemon tea and eating a warm bowl of soup when I'm feeling crummy. Now it's just drinking like drinking hot water. What's weird is that I'm having very specific cravings, despite not being able to taste anything. Today, all I wanted for lunch was a tuna salad sandwich with spinach leaves and red onion. I made myself one, and I can't tell you how much it hurt to not even last a little bit of a raw red onion when you bite into it (the benefit is that I didn't cry while cutting it up!). But, if that's one of the worst things to happen to me during this whole thing, I'm pretty lucky.

Some silver linings: I've been steaming every day and my skin looks great because of it. I also lost a few of the extra pounds I gained during quarantine. Of course, no one can see how good I look, but at least I can enjoy the view.

Anxiety level is about the same (aka very very high). I keep thinking "If I make it through tomorrow, I'll know I have gone over the hump and can relax a little." Doesn't work. I'm still scared that things are going to take a turn for the worse, but maybe if I make it through tomorrow I'll know I have gone over the hump and can relax a little :winks:Grateful for what I do have during this, as I know there are so many others in far worse situations than I am. I'm hopeful that this is giving some peace of mind to others who were scared like me. I was somebody who was petrified of getting it. I saw others who got it and survived and came out the other side and I thought, "I'm not as strong as them. I won't make it." And I interpreted that anxious thought as being some premonition or instinct inside of me, and held onto it as the truth. And when I got the official diagnosis on Monday, I thought, well this is it, I'm not strong enough to handle this. But you know what? I'm still here, and I plan and hope to be here to tell you that I've beaten this thing because I was strong enough, and you are too!

Lencoboy
24-10-20, 17:44
COVID WATCH: DAY 5/6 of symptoms, Day 10 of exposure (Thank you @Pulisa for the title suggestion :D:D)

Symptoms continue to feel a bit better! Not huge gains, I wish I was back to feeling closer to 100% but that's just not a reality with this! Back to feeling like a head cold and the tiredness feels more run-of-the-mill sick tired. Yesterday was a different kind of tiredness and I was so out of it that I couldn't actually fall asleep. Biggest symptoms today are a bit of a sore throat, cough (which still makes me nervous, because in my mind coughing = pneumonia, even though I know logically that coughing helps prevent pneumonia! It's funny how anxiety works), sinus pressure, lots and lots of sinus pressure (I'm squinting as I'm typing this as the screen is a little too bring for me wee sinus tired eyes :wacko:). Other than that, the overarching symptom is tiredness. I was able to take a nap today and I look forward to falling asleep again tonight.

Loss of taste and smell was interesting and unusual to begin with (as I was losing it, I enjoyed updating my friends and family on what things tasted like. Bananas tasted spicy.), but now it's starting to get to me. While I can still get the medicinal benefits of tea and soup, I don't get the immediate benefit of sipping some hot lemon tea and eating a warm bowl of soup when I'm feeling crummy. Now it's just drinking like drinking hot water. What's weird is that I'm having very specific cravings, despite not being able to taste anything. Today, all I wanted for lunch was a tuna salad sandwich with spinach leaves and red onion. I made myself one, and I can't tell you how much it hurt to not even last a little bit of a raw red onion when you bite into it (the benefit is that I didn't cry while cutting it up!). But, if that's one of the worst things to happen to me during this whole thing, I'm pretty lucky.

Some silver linings: I've been steaming every day and my skin looks great because of it. I also lost a few of the extra pounds I gained during quarantine. Of course, no one can see how good I look, but at least I can enjoy the view.

Anxiety level is about the same (aka very very high). I keep thinking "If I make it through tomorrow, I'll know I have gone over the hump and can relax a little." Doesn't work. I'm still scared that things are going to take a turn for the worse, but maybe if I make it through tomorrow I'll know I have gone over the hump and can relax a little :winks:Grateful for what I do have during this, as I know there are so many others in far worse situations than I am. I'm hopeful that this is giving some peace of mind to others who were scared like me. I was somebody who was petrified of getting it. I saw others who got it and survived and came out the other side and I thought, "I'm not as strong as them. I won't make it." And I interpreted that anxious thought as being some premonition or instinct inside of me, and held onto it as the truth. And when I got the official diagnosis on Monday, I thought, well this is it, I'm not strong enough to handle this. But you know what? I'm still here, and I plan and hope to be here to tell you that I've beaten this thing because I was strong enough, and you are too!

Good to know you're feeling a little better today.

Just keep remembering that the vast majority of Covid infectees so far have luckily recovered and the odds are that might be you.

Sadly, Covid fatalities seem to get far more media attention than recoveries, and it's a source of shame that while the UK initially had some rough stats on Covid recoveries, they were scrapped entirely towards the end of March, which makes me wonder if there might have been (and still might be) hidden agendas at play with our govt.

pulisa
24-10-20, 19:46
You've proved you're strong enough to handle this mentally and physically. It's a big test but you may find that experiencing covid and coming through it works wonders for your mental wellbeing. I really hope so.

Another day of illness to be crossed off..Another day towards recovery and relief!

leanderson2012
30-10-20, 19:15
@Pulisa, your positivity and support has been so helpful through this. Thank you so much!

Just a quick update: Day 13 of symptoms, Day 17 of exposure: Things are progressing along. Feeling better than last week, with some minor lingering symptoms. Congestion and an occasional productive cough (usually after laying down for a while, makes sense in relation to the congestion), minor sore throat, and some sinus pressure/headache (again, related to the congestion, all makes sense). Sense of taste and smell is about 70% back, which is a welcome progression. I will never take advantage of being able to taste a banana again in my life :D. Biggest overall symptom continues to be fatigue, which I'm told can and will likely extend past the virus, and that makes sense. My body has done and is continuing to do a great job to fight this virus, and it's needing some extra TLC and rest. I've been supporting it as much as I can with vitamins (C, D, and Zinc), healthy foods, water, tea, and rest. Dayquil/Nyquil continue to be helpful with treating my symptoms, although I'm becoming more more independent of it.

Overall I'd say I'm hovering around feeling 75-80% back to normal. I worked a half day yesterday and am working a full day today (shh, don't tell my boss I'm posting an update during work :noangel:), and although I am tired I'm doing okay! It's going to be a slow, gentle road to recovery, but I'll get there. I have a test scheduled for tomorrow, and I really, really hope that it's negative, but it's possible it won't be. That will be disappointing, but I'll continue to heal and keep myself and others save as my body rids itself of the virus.

I have anxiety over admitting that I think I'm going to be okay (superstitious and magical thinking are corner stones of my anxiety), but I'm working to challenge that, so here goes: I think I've gotten through the worst of it guys! I'll continue to post updates as my recovery progresses, but I do want to repeat something I said earlier: I was certain, 100% positive, that if I got this virus that it would end me. And I got it, and got sick, and yet I'm still here here. And I think I'm going to be here for a long time. If you're nervous, it's okay to be nervous, but try to challenge that fatalistic thinking. I hope none of you get this virus, but remember that if you do, it is not a death sentence. If you're getting nervous, ask yourself this, "If I had to bet my entire life savings on whether I would survive Covid, what would I put my money on?" If I had to bet my life savings, I'd put my money on you surviving, just like me :) Numbers are on your side. Deep breaths and reach out for help whenever you need. We're all here for you!

pulisa
01-11-20, 07:54
I do hope you're still doing well and thank you again for sharing your experience of Covid. It's so good of you to help and encourage others too despite quite naturally being anxious and scared yourself.

aanns_GAD
16-11-20, 03:27
Hiiiii I just got my positive results back tonight and looking for some reassurance!

I’m on day 10 of having symptoms. My sense of smell is coming back but I’m still very worried about something bad happening to me. I’m doing my best to be realistic about it but my health anxiety is freaking me out.

NancyW
17-11-20, 23:08
I'm positive too.
I'm at the end of day 7 since symptoms started.
So far feels like the flu.
CDC says 10 days after symptoms start its ok to break quarentine.

leanderson2012
18-11-20, 04:08
To start, I am so sorry @aanns_GAD and @NancyW to hear that you tested positive. Even though I’m sure you both will be fine, it is a very, very scary thing to have happen. What would help you right now? Reassurance? Comfort? Just a place to unload your fears? I’m here for you if you need.

leanderson2012
18-11-20, 04:16
As a follow up end to my story, I have officially tested negative today! One month to the day of when I began experiencing symptoms. I was tested weekly after my two week quarantine ended, and got positive results even though I was no longer contagious, which I’m told can happen quite frequently and is nothing to be concerned about if your symptoms are improving.

I am still experiencing some post-viral symptoms (which is mainly just random waves of strong fatigue and weakness), which is also something I’m told is quite common and not a major cause for concern, but I am building up my strength on a daily basis.

If you are reading this and you have just tested positive, or are feeling sick, or if you are just scared of getting it, let this be of some comfort for you. I have major anxiety that often comes through as health anxiety, and I was petrified to get it. But, I got it, and I got even sick and did not feel great (It was not the sickest I’ve ever felt, but it is the weakest I’ve ever felt). Then I started to feel better, and I continue to feel better. This is obviously not something that should be taken lightly. Masks work and should be worn (my roommate did not get it because I isolated in my room except for when I needed to cook food. When I was in the common areas of my apartment, I always wore a mask, as did she). But, this does not deserve your precious time and energy being anxious about it (says I, who is now afraid of catching it again lol). But seriously, you will be okay, and you are not alone. We are here for you ❤️

aanns_GAD
18-11-20, 18:13
Thank you for your update and kind words!! I am panicking though. I just googled a bunch of things because I wanted to know if I’m in the clear like if something bad like if I were going to stop breathing would it have happened and now I’m freaking out. Articles are saying you aren’t out of the woods for 15 days and I’m on day 13 and they say you decline rapidly. I think I’m hyperventilating and I’m so scared. I’ve been feeling this lump in my throat feeling and tightness in my throat and I’ve been so scared. I can’t tell if it’s Covid or my anxiety but it hasn’t gone away.

leanderson2012
18-11-20, 18:30
Take some deep, calming breaths. It’s completely understandable that you’re petrified right now, but you’re going to be okay.

What you’re feeling could be anxiety, or it could be a symptom of covid (or perhaps both!). Even if it is covid, that is okay. It does not mean you’re about to crash. I also had lumps and tightness in my throat, and I could feel the skin around my lymph nodes stretching as they bulged out from my throat. Not fun, but all totally normal. Remember, it’s mostly a respiratory virus so you’re throat and breathing will likely feel a little off, but that is okay! That’s just your body reacting to the virus. I had the sensation (and sometimes still do) of just having done a long run out in cold weather, even when I had been laying in bed all day. Do you know the sensation I’m talking about? Where your bronchial tubes and lungs just feel a little tight and raw? You might have something similar, and that’s okay!! You’re sick and things are going to feel funky. But it does not mean you’re hospital bound.

In my opinion, I think you are you to be fine. I’m sure there are some outlier cases of people crashing 15 days out, but it seems like most cases take a turn for the nefarious around day 5 of symptoms. Your body has done an amazing job of fighting this for the past 13 days. Thank you, body!! Just be as kind and as gentle to yourself as possible. You’re incredibly strong and your body is showing a great immune response to this. You will likely feel a little off for awhile, or maybe even really off, but that does not mean you are in danger of crashing (or worse), it just means you’re sick and your body needs some tea and rest at the moment. Treat yourself. Cuddle up in your fave sweatshirt and comfy pants, get a good blanket wrapped around you and have a hot cup of tea with some honey. You’ve got this!! You’re already doing amazing, and that will continue.

NancyW
26-11-20, 01:48
I am at 2 weeks, still can't taste or smell.

Has this returned for you?

leanderson2012
29-11-20, 00:05
@NancyW, yes. I started to get my taste and smell back about a week, week and a half after losing it. Another friend who got infected took about 2-3 weeks. Now I feel as if my ability to taste everything is back, but it does feel a bit more muted than before. In my experience, it came back slow and steady, and taste came back before smell. Keep fighting! Any other lingering symptoms?

NancyW
29-11-20, 20:11
@NancyW, yes. I started to get my taste and smell back about a week, week and a half after losing it. Another friend who got infected took about 2-3 weeks. Now I feel as if my ability to taste everything is back, but it does feel a bit more muted than before. In my experience, it came back slow and steady, and taste came back before smell. Keep fighting! Any other lingering symptoms?

Thank you. I'm at 18 days, still coughing and still fatigued. I think I strained a muscle on my side coughing because it stabs like a knife when I cough..

I went to the grocery store today and just walking around I felt exhausted and my heart rate was 125. (I wear a fitbit activity monitor)

I also still get a headache most days. My son and husband have lingering symptoms as well. Pretty annoying.

Hypo84
29-11-20, 21:19
I tested positive 2 weeks ago. I am 36y old.

It was pretty mild version. I had fever for 1 day approx, my skin on abdomen/back was sensitive to touch for a few days, and after 5 days I lost sense of smell. That was it.

Coni2
01-12-20, 10:16
I tested positive 6 weeks ago. I had a bit of a cough, mild fever and most of my other symptoms were gastric-nausea and diarrhoea. I went back to work on day 12 as I felt ok and was no longer infectious. I am however still plagued with bouts of nausea, bloating and constipation/diarrhoea. I don’t know if this is a lingering effect of the gastric symptoms (like a post infectious ibs) or something new altogether. And I also now appear to have developed health related anxiety, something I’ve never experienced before. It’s so good to read others experiences on her so thank you for sharing. Has anyone else had gastric issues lingering after covid?

leanderson2012
01-12-20, 19:45
@NancyW, I'm so glad to hear you're on the mend, but I'm sorry you're experiencing lingering symptoms. I'm on week 6 since being exposed, and unfortunately am experiencing strong post-viral fatigue still. I don't mean to say this to concern you, rather, I think it's quite normal to still be dealing with things. I used to be quite strong, I worked out 4-5 days a week, a lot of it being boxing, and right after Covid I couldn't carry a bag of groceries. My roommate and I celebrated recently because I was able to carry not one, but two bags of groceries, one of which had some cans of soup and a bottle of wine in it! Certainly an expectation shift as to what to expect and celebrate with my body.

The good news, is that the fatigue has become much more manageable as time has gone on. I used to be able to only be "active" (aka anything that did not involve laying down very still on bed and doing absolutely nothing else) for an hour or two at a time. Now I'm usually able to make it through the day with work (I'm lucky that my job entails me just sitting at a computer) and a few errands, and then the crash comes at night. The fatigue is sometimes debilitating, and sometimes annoying but manageable. I also get strong headaches daily, body and muscle aches, and had a lingering cough for about a week.

@Hypo84, so glad to hear that your case was mild and manageable. I hope you're continuing to feel okay! Another good story for those who are anxious to know that you can catch it and still make it!

@Coni2, To start, I'm sorry you had such a gastro-centric case of Covid. I had some minor gastro issues as well (waves of strong nausea and a night of diarrhea), but thankfully the gastro issues were not too bad for me. As someone with emetophobia, that seems incredibly difficult to manage, so well done to you for conquering it! I am experiencing some post-Covid stomach issues. I have IBS, and have definitely noticed more bloating, occasional nausea, and issues with my bowel movements than previously. At about week 3 for me, I had around 2 nights of serious stomach pain that kept me up. I ended up starting my period later that week and I'm not sure if it was related to that, but I have to think it was at least somewhat exacerbated by Covid (my PMS symptoms are usually fairly manageable).

And I really do wonder if the issues I am experiencing now are linked to anxiety as well as Covid. My anxiety has been at an all time high, and I believe I'm also showing some depressive tendencies as well. Right now, I feel like I am in the worst mental health shape that I've been in. So, I can completely relate to and understand the health related anxiety you are talking about @Coni2; even though your case was manageable, it's still a traumatic thing to have happen to yourself. Do you have someone in your life that you can talk to about it? The mental health toll of Covid is very real and significant, and I hope you are able to go easy on yourself and nurture whenever it is needed.

I think the reality of the situation is that the post-viral symptoms will last for awhile. But, as someone who is on week 6, I can tell you that it will become less debilitating and frequent, and much more manageable. It took me about 3-4 weeks, but I know have some days where I feel essentially "normal". Right now, the mental health toll is significant, and I can see and recognize and understand the obstacles you all are facing too. The anxiety and depression that goes along with "Why don't I feel normal yet" and "Will I EVER feel normal again?", and the even bigger, scarier of question of, "What did this virus do to my body?" is very very real. If you are experiencing post-Covid mental health issues, you are seen and understood. You are also strong and just beat an entirely novel virus, and you WILL find your normal after this. We will get through this together.

I wish I could give more advice on what to do to help you get through the post-viral symptoms and, even more so, the post-viral anxiety and fears. But I will say that making sure I'm eating right, staying hydrated, and moving (gently) has helped. I haven't been able to do a workout yet, but taking gentle walks and doing some easy yoga does help (especially with the muscle aches). Most importantly, reaching out for help and letting my body stop when it needs to. When the debilitating fatigue hits, you've got to just lay down and let the wave pass. I find myself getting angry or annoyed and scared when that happens, especially if I hadn't done much during the day to "warrant" a dip, but sometimes it just happens. Breathing exercises and meditation have also helped. Does anyone else have any advice?

leanderson2012
01-12-20, 19:47
@Coni2, something that does help me with my gastro issues has been ginger flavored Kombucha. The Kombucha is fermented and helps promote gut health, and, as you probably know, the ginger helps settle any nausea you may be having.

NancyW
03-12-20, 01:38
Reporting in at 3 weeks since symptom onset.
I'm feeling pretty good today, not so tired and cough is better.
Not sure what tomorrow will bring but I'm grateful for today.

NancyW
03-12-20, 20:51
I was so excited at lunch, I could taste the thousand island dressing on my salad.

That didn't last, I'm eating a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich and can't taste a thing.

katyfitz
03-12-20, 20:58
Hi guys. I wrote a post earlier without realising that this post was going. Amazing to be able to read this and see how everyone is. A hundred percent my anxiety is through the roof wondering what each day will bring. I’m on day 5 and not sure if my tight chest is from reading that days 6-10 are crucial for breathlessness. So scared about being hospitalised. Really glad to see so many of you have stayed positive and come out the other end x

leanderson2012
03-12-20, 21:35
@NancyW, you're getting there! It came back to me in waves. I could taste the first bites of a banana and an orange, then it went back to nothing. The next day I could specifically taste the paprika in some chili, but nothing else (including the green onion sprinkled on top). That was the start of it coming back, so you're on the right path!

@katyfitz, I totally understand where you're coming from. I also had some chest tightness, and as you can see, many others did as well. You're chest and throat is likely going to feel a little funky, and that is okay! This is a respiratory virus mainly, so things aren't going to feel 100%. But I bet your chest has felt tight before when battling a head cold or allergies. Try to reframe it to that completely manageable and winnable scenario. (This all I can say being on the other side of the virus. I totally understand the fatalistic thinking when you're in the middle of it.) But remember, chest tightness does not mean serious breathing troubles, and feeling worse does not mean you're about to crash. If it helps at all, my doctor said Day 5 is the big day for people to start to take a turn for the worst. Since you're doing okay on Day 5 now, that's a great sign. Deep breaths. Self care is key here. If you're feeling crappy, curl up with a cup of tea, your favorite sweatshirt and comfy clothes, wrap a blanket around yourself, and just nourish yourself. Talk to yourself with love, like you would talk to the most important person in your life if they were feeling sick. Counter those anxious thoughts with a dialog of self love to yourself. Look at your body, fighting a novel virus and absolutely winning! You're going to make it and you're going to be okay :hugs:

katyfitz
04-12-20, 00:53
Thank you so much for such a lovely reply. Will keep checking in with you xx

leanderson2012
04-12-20, 01:19
@katyfitz Please do, whenever you want to and have the energy. I’ll be thinking of you and sending lots of love and positive thoughts your way ❤️

katyfitz
04-12-20, 08:01
Hi guys. I just have a quick question. Has anyone had any of the symptoms go and then come back? My worry is the cough coming back , it’s become a real phobia that this will happen. I’m now on day 6 x

NancyW
04-12-20, 16:44
Hi guys. I just have a quick question. Has anyone had any of the symptoms go and then come back? My worry is the cough coming back , it’s become a real phobia that this will happen. I’m now on day 6 x

Yes Katy, they come and go, most annoying. My cough has improved and ramped back up several times and I am 3+ weeks. This past week I coughed so much i pulled a muscle on my side, felt like a knife stab everytime I coughed. Yesterday my husband's legs started aching again... he said it perfectly, this virus doesn't want to let go.

You are approaching the safe zone though and each day you are getting closer. 🙃

AEHS
04-12-20, 17:01
@leanderson2012
I'm on day 13 and I feel a lot better the first couple days were bad ... sometimes I wake up a little sore like I did 1000 push ups .,,

I can't stop thinking I'm gonna get bad out of no where .. I keep thinking if I make it to day 15 I'll be able to relax .. but then I saw some people get covid cytokine storm syndrome and I'm so scared ...,
This virus has really brought me down mentally ;(

My doctor told me I'm okay and just recovering but I can't stop thinking the worse

leanderson2012
04-12-20, 18:08
@katyfitz, I wouldn't say I had symptoms completely disappear and then reappear, but there were days when one was more prevalent than the other. And I definitely had days where I felt closer to normal/on the mend, then the next day I was knocked off my feet again. The post-viral fatigue comes and goes in strong waves, but when I was actively sick I did not experience completely losing symptoms then having them come back. I have heard it can happen though, and that is okay! One of my friends who got sick at the same time I did felt really poor for about 5 days, then felt great. About a 5-7 days later, she had what seemed to look like strep throat (couldn't swallow, fever again), but we could not figure out how she would have caught it since she had been at home the whole time. Our guess is that it was a lingering symptom of Covid. She felt fine the next day.

I don't want to share this to scare you, but to assure you that regressions are noted and common with Covid. So you might have some days where you feel worse than you did the previous day, or you may be cough free for a few days and then have a day where you have a strong cough again, like what @NancyW is describing. That is okay, and that is normal (but of course, a little scary and definitely frustrating!) Do you think the phobia of the cough returning is linked to being worried about suddenly crashing? If so, that is totally understandable. But, that likely is not the case. It's just your body in recovery mode. Remember that your body is fighting hard (and winning!), but there will likely be some battle scars for a bit as you continue to fight and recover (but those will fade and you will feel okay again).

@AEHS, That is exactly the soreness that I feel! It's crazy. Gentle yoga and stretching has certainly helped me. Regarding the fear of still crashing, of course you're nervous. That makes perfect sense. You're on the tail end of an incredibly scary and traumatic experience, and now that you're getting close to the cherished "Day 14", you're probably coming down from a lot of adrenaline and being physically and mentally in "Fight or Flight" mode. But that's all it is, nerves. It's not a premonition. Stay away from anything that talks about rare instances, like Covid Cytokine Storm (I haven't heard of it but just the name alone strikes fear!) Remember, most people who get it are fine, and I would bet my entire life savings that you're going to be in that group. You'll probably feel tired and beat up for awhile, but that does not mean you're going to crash. Similar to what I said to @katyfitz in my previous post, try to replace your inner dialog of fear and worst case scenario thinking with talks of self love. Everything you're feeling right now is completely normal, and of course you would be terrified. But you did it. You're on the other end. Now your mind and body need a break, so talk to yourself lovingly and proudly. You've just done an amazing physical and mental feat, and we're all really proud of you for getting through it. Make sure you tell yourself that you're proud of you too :hugs:

katyfitz
04-12-20, 18:19
Good evening guys. It’s just one vicious circle. Trying to think positive that you’re on day 6 and actually not that bad and then you wonder if the slight twinge you feel in your chest is the beginning of needing to go to hospital. I’ve spent most of today researching statistics for who ends up in hospital and am I likely to. Also this whole ‘underlying health condition’ how do you know it you have one if you haven’t recently had a blood test or tests for anything. I dunno I keep breathing in and out and wondering how it feels and if it doesn’t feel right then I panic more. I just feel alone and scared and wouldn’t wish this on anyone. Am going to try and remain positive this evening and try eat something even tho my taste has gone xx

NancyW
04-12-20, 19:23
Am going to try and remain positive this evening and try eat something even tho my taste has gone xx

I have been eating pickles with everything. I can taste sour lol.

leanderson2012
04-12-20, 19:36
@katyfitz Deep deep breaths. If you have an underlying health condition, you would know. Those don't present themselves without symptoms, and your doctor would have caught it. I had lung twinges, tightness, and then some with my Covid, as did my friends who also got it. My lungs often felt like I had just done a run outside in very cold weather. My friend needed to use her inhaler on a regular basis while she was sick. And we were both okay. It's okay. What's happening right now is that you're feeling the respiratory symptoms of the virus. That's all. Nothing more. Remember, if we're looking at the people who survive and don't end up hospitalized (which, if we're looking at statistics, is HIGHLY in your favor), that does not mean those people don't experience symptoms and or feel sick. They still still have symptoms and still feel sick (some really sick), but they do not end up crashing. Experiencing symptoms does not equal hospitalization.

Have you spoken to your doctor about anything to look out for in terms of shortness of breath or breathing issues? If so, are you experiencing any of those? My doctor told me a few things to look out for, but I don't want to share too much medical advice as it's so specific to your case.

katyfitz
04-12-20, 19:40
No I haven’t spoken to him but some friends who have had it say days 6-10 are very important for changes with breathing but that that doesn’t mean you’ll end up in hospital. Thanks for taking the time to chat to me xx

leanderson2012
04-12-20, 19:44
Exactly right. You'll probably have some changes in breathing, but that doesn't mean you're going down. Maybe talk to your doctor this weekend and let him know about your diagnosis and ask about what you need to look out for as a possible "red flag" symptom. That was a really helpful gauge with me. My doctor gave me some parameters to work with, and that helped me a lot. And they told me, even if you're experiencing some of these "red flags", that doesn't mean the worst is happening, just give us a call and we'll talk out next steps. I never experienced any of the "red flags", but that doesn't mean my lungs and breathing felt totally normal either. Give your doc a call. It will probably give you some peace of mind :hugs:

leanderson2012
04-12-20, 19:45
@NancyW, get those pickles girl. You earned them :roflmao:

Gotagetthroughthis
04-12-20, 22:43
Hi guys. I wrote a post earlier without realising that this post was going. Amazing to be able to read this and see how everyone is. A hundred percent my anxiety is through the roof wondering what each day will bring. I’m on day 5 and not sure if my tight chest is from reading that days 6-10 are crucial for breathlessness. So scared about being hospitalised. Really glad to see so many of you have stayed positive and come out the other end x

Hi Katy, I don't know your age or how you are health wise but either way the chances of you being hospitalised are tiny. If you are below 70 and reasonably healthy, the chances are seriously remote. I know it's hard to relax but really all of the non stop media reporting and fear mongering is making people like you feel far worse. Chill out, in all likelihood you will be absolutely fine.

Reading your post and the anxiety you are suffering with frustrates me as so much of the reporting on this virus has been to intentionally scare people. The death figures reported aren't even accurate. 'Death within 28 days of a positive covid test'. That literally means that anybody that tests positive, many of them likely elderly people who were tested when going into hospital for something completely unrelated, then die of heart attack, old age, surgery etc etc, still get listed as a Covid death. So how many of those apparent 60,000 UK covid deaths actually died from Covid? I don't know, but I can tell you that it's a lot less than 60,000. The whole thing is ridiculous.

Sorry for the rant. But again just to say, the risk to most is very small so please try and relax and I hope you feel better soon.

AEHS
05-12-20, 02:15
So tommorrow is day 14 ... although I still have some fatigue sometimes head pressure... would you guys say day 14 im gonna be okay and free from any serious complication ?

NancyW
05-12-20, 03:36
So tommorrow is day 14 ... although I still have some fatigue sometimes head pressure... would you guys say day 14 im gonna be okay and free from any serious complication ?

I felt a sense of relief by day 14, I really think you can too. I did still have lingering symptoms through week 3 they are slowly going away.

katyfitz
05-12-20, 20:45
Evening everyone, thank you all for your messages to me. I really appreciate every single one of them. I’ve been quite worried today and again not sure if covid or anxiety. I keep taking deep breaths in and it’s not problem to do it but then when I swallow it feels a bit weird. I just think ultimately it comes down to me not wanting the cough and then I tell myself it will come back eventually and every day I wonder is today the day it’ll come back. Because I’m on day 7 and I hear day 6-10 are the worst, this scares me and again not sure if because I know I’m day 7 and inbetween that time frame, it’s bound to get worse. Anyway, hopefully I will be here to tell the tale to everybody xx

NancyW
05-12-20, 22:41
Because I’m on day 7 and I hear day 6-10 are the worst, this scares me and again not sure if because I know I’m day 7 and inbetween that time frame, it’s bound to get worse.

Not so for me, my husband or my son, you could very well not get worse.

Day 25 for me, fatigue returned. I felt really good yesterday and was busy all day I feel like I'm paying for it today.

AEHS
05-12-20, 23:27
Thank you for replies :)
Today is day 14. I didn't feel as anxious as I have been all week .. I only checked my O2 couple times instead of every 30 min .

I did wake up with chest soreness and back soreness like leeanderson2012
Mentioned that feeling of running out in the cold ...
tommorrow is day 15 I think after day 16 I'll be able to be more calm ..:

You know what's crazy I would imagine but things were gonna get bad I would've been really sick by now .
I' had X-rays and lab work done 2 days ago and everything was fine

The only symptoms I have is no taste or smell , that soreness in my chest .
Fatigue is not that bad today .

But of course I keep fearing the worst .

I appreciate everyone in this form

katyfitz
06-12-20, 00:11
I hear you AEHS. Everyone on this thread is getting me through this tough time. Thank you so much. Here if anyone needs to talk x

katyfitz
06-12-20, 11:28
I’m struggling a bit today guys. Im really helping to keep my parents in good spirits whilst checking their temp and oxygen levels every 4 hours. I’ve become addicted to the oxymeter tho and constantly looking at it and if it goes below 95 then I need hospital care. Once it read 94 then I calmed down and it read 96. Anything above 95 is normal. I just want to be out of the danger zone for this illness. Never taking life for granted again x

NancyW
06-12-20, 12:28
I’ve become addicted to the oxymeter

This is causing you more anxiety not less. Are your parents ill? Did the dr tell you to repeatedly test yourself ?

katyfitz
06-12-20, 13:38
No I just thought we were to keep testing. Do you think once a day is enough?

NancyW
06-12-20, 14:10
No I just thought we were to keep testing. Do you think once a day is enough?

Self testing is a slippery slope .. unless your Dr has told you to test, I would do it rarely if ever. Katy we are trying to get through this together, one day at a time, supporting each other, we all have to do our part. ox

katyfitz
06-12-20, 14:59
Am here for anyone who needs to talk. We will get through this xx

leanderson2012
06-12-20, 20:14
@Katyfitz, I’m sorry you’re having such a tough day today. I understand your anxieties completely. I do agree with @NancyW that self testing can be a slippery slope. That being said, I also checked my 02 levels multiple times a day with the virus, so I get the fear.

I would not be concerned about the 94 reading. I have changes in my readings all the time, so much can affect it. Going from laying down to standing, allergies, and yes, absolutely anxiety. Do you know what your typical 02 levels are? Some people average around 95, so a 94 reading isn’t a concern. I average around 98, so my doctor told me to call them if I get to 93-92 range. But even then, they said if you’re not experiencing extreme shortness of breath or dizziness, that I’m actually probably fine. This is obviously not medical advice for anyone else though, as each situation is so specific. Rather, I hope it sheds some light that the 02 numbers are helpful to have, but to not get too anxious over achieving a specific range. Give your doc a call if you haven’t already, they’ll be able to tell you exactly what to look out for.

You’re on day 8 or 9, is that correct? I think you’re in really really good shape. But I completely understand the anxiety. This virus is terrifying, and it requires us to isolate for so long with just our thoughts. But if you notice that you’re spiraling, give yourself a hug, talk out loud to yourself with soothing and loving words, and come back and read these comments. Try to pull yourself out of your head as much as you can in those moments. You’re being incredibly brave and strong, and you’re exactly right, we will get through this together.

leanderson2012
06-12-20, 20:17
@AEHS, that’s wonderful that you’re on Day 14, congratulations! Would you say your symptoms are improving? Are you allowed to leave your isolation now?

I think you’re completely safe now. You might experience some lingering effects, like what @NancyW and I have reported, but I think it would be astronomically rare for you to crash now if you’re on day 14 and improving. You’ve done it. You should be so proud of your mind and body for getting you through this. I am proud of you!

leanderson2012
06-12-20, 20:24
@NancyW, I’m on Day 50, and I will tell you that, while the fatigue is still present for me, it started to take a turn for the better about a month out from it. I had a bad few days of fatigue last week, but I think that may have been triggered by a spike in anxiety about work, family things, and some lingering covid anxiety, as well as my cycle starting (I would always get pretty fatigued around it pre-Covid, and this time i was completely knocked out). I think it’s a great sign you were able to have a busy day yesterday, but I hope you’re resting and recovering today ❤️

katyfitz
06-12-20, 22:08
Hi @leanderson2012
Yes on day 8. I just have this feeling in throat that I’m not sure is from where I keep trying to take my breath to see if I cough or if it’s a bit of tightness from covid. I’ve cried a lot today, mainly because I’m worried if I did get hospitalised I’d be alone but I’m trying to tell myself that even if my chest is covid related, it doesn’t mean I can’t recover from home. I have a quick question. When your day to stop isolating comes around, does that mean you no longer have covid in your body or that your not contagious anymore? I think knowing I have this virus eating away at me is what is scaring me the most. I am however, trying my hardest to stay positive. Thank you for being there x

leanderson2012
07-12-20, 05:35
@katyfitz, those are all really scary and understandable fears. But I really don’t think you’re going to be hospitalized. You’re on Day 8 (probably Day 9 by the time you’re reading this). That’s past when my doctor told me people tend to take a turn for the worst, and just one day away from what you heard of 6-10 days. You’re on the right track.

And you’re exactly right. Even if your symptoms are related to covid and not anxiety, it doesn’t mean you’re doomed. It’s a respiratory virus, so things are going to feel a little off. In moments of high anxiety and fear, maybe consider asking yourself if you just had a run-of-the-mill cold or flu and you were experiencing these symptoms, would you worry? Or would you chalk it up to whatever bug you have, and know it will pass soon? If it’s the latter, try to reframe it as just a symptom of a virus, and not a symptom of covid. The novelty and unknown of covid is what’s the worst, but the reality is is that most of us are going to be fine.

Regarding your question about the time when you can leave self-isolation, no, it does not necessarily mean that you are virus free. Rather, it’s just past the point of shedding where it’s contagious to others. I began testing right away after my 14 day isolation on a weekly basis, and continued to test positive for three weeks. Exactly one month after I started experiencing symptoms, I finally got a negative test. I’ve heard that others can test positive for up to 3 months after having it. Keep in mind that after about 2 weeks of having active symptoms, those symptoms stopped. Soon after the post-viral symptoms began, but just because you might test positive does not mean you will still feel sick.

I completely understand your unease and anxiety about just knowing it’s in your body. I wanted it out of me right away. But it can’t hurt others at a certain point, and there’s nothing to suggest that it’s a danger to you then. I think I even heard that it could just be dead cells of the virus in you that the positive test brings up, which I didn’t love the idea of having a dead covid virus inside of me either, but I guess it’s better than an alive covid virus lol.

I hope you’re sleeping okay tonight and getting some good rest. You have earned it!

katyfitz
07-12-20, 18:57
Thank you for taking the time with me. Today is day 9 of symptoms so as the week goes on, hopefully things will only start to progress rather than regress. Positive thinking as you say xx

leanderson2012
07-12-20, 19:26
@katyfitz, sending lots of love and healing thoughts. You're nearly there. :hugs:

NancyW
08-12-20, 12:51
Day 28 since symptom onset. Im better in many ways, fatigue is lessening, not coughing as much, digestive system is in order. I do have bothersome chest pain. I feel like my ribcage hurts. I know I pulled a muscle or something on my right side coughing, I can rub and feel that it's sore. When I do cough I can feel my back, side and breast bone is tender. Yesterday my HA was trying to suggest this is from my heart.. but I was running up and down the stairs with laundry and I was fine, also rushing through the grocery store without a problem. But a cough and the ache is right there...

katyfitz
08-12-20, 13:28
@nancy W hope you are ok. I am struggling health anxiety wise today and getting through this covid. If you want to talk please message x

katyfitz
08-12-20, 17:54
Is anyone free for a chat? Really panicking tonight and need to calm down x

leanderson2012
08-12-20, 23:46
Hi @katyfitz, I'm sorry I missed your earlier message, work has been quite hectic lately. Are you feeling any better? Today is Day 10 for you, right? You are right at the end of your 6-10 day period of concern! How are you feeling?

AEHS
09-12-20, 00:03
Hello :) day 17 here ...feeling better with more energy and not waking up with soreness .

Day 14 and 15 I still had a little of the cold feeling in my chest , and I could feel the inflammation when I would take a deep breath ,
I did notice I do get tired easier but if I keep moving my body likes it ..
and my legs feels a little sore but it could be I need more fluids .

Still feeling anxious just not as high ;) .

I hope I can keep feeling this way and keep getting better .

How are you feeling ?

katyfitz
09-12-20, 13:35
Glad to hear @AEHS. I’m on day 11 today and I must say the past few days have been a struggle. I’ve been wondering if my covid is taking a turn for the worst and ill dip but trying to stay as positive as I can. What days would you say were your worst days?

Kate1970
09-12-20, 18:15
Day 5 here and feel terrible.. chest is okay and sats are 98 but my sinuses are so painful like I’ve been punched multiple times in the nose slight fever 37.6 today after couple days without 🙄also completely lost my sense of smell can still differentiate between sweet and savoury but only just .
also feel very panicked today .. I hate this virus I caught it after being redeployed to one of the Covid wards at my trust 🤬

katyfitz
09-12-20, 20:19
Hi Kate 1970. Hang in there my friend, it is so so tough but unless we try tell ourselves that we need to ride this out, I don’t see how we will get any better. For me day 10 and today day 11 have been the worst. Mainly anxiety but because of the feelings I feel. I/we can only believe there is a light at the end of this tunnel. If ever you want to chat, please just write here. I’ll always reply. Everyone on here has been amazing xx

AEHS
09-12-20, 20:46
Hi Katy
I'm on day 18 I would say I feel overall 80 percent better , the chest tightness lung burning has gone away .. my energy is better right now I'm dealing with post natal mucus I can feel plegm in my throat which makes me cough but it's not a productive cough ..

But I do feel a lot better , my worst days were the first week .
I understand the anxiety.., I'm on day 18 and still have a lot of anxiety..
if I didn't have the anxiety i would feel 90% better but I get these waves of anxiety my hands start to feel sweating and feel like I can't breath but as soon as I cry it out a little it makes it feel better ..

AEHS
09-12-20, 20:49
Hey aanns how are you doing ?

katyfitz
09-12-20, 21:18
Hey AEHS,
Thanks for messaging. So glad you’re on day 18, your doing well. Did you ever feel the feeling like you were being chocked a bit or needing to take deep breaths in a lot? It’s so weird. This is the symptoms that scares me the most, the symptom where I think I won’t wake up the next day but I’m trying my hardest to stay positive. Glad you’re seeing that light at the end of your tunnel x

AEHS
09-12-20, 21:44
Katy - yes !!! Looking back i truly think it was a form of a panic attack ... I went to the ER on day 8 and day 12 cause I felt pressure on my chest and shortness of breath but X-rays and blood work came back normal ..,
I told myself if I made it past day 15 I would relax ..after 15 that feeling went away .. today I noticed it coming back and I quickly realized it was from me being anxious

katyfitz
09-12-20, 21:53
Yea this is what frightens me AEHS. Do you think it does subside? Can you think of anything I can do to help myself xx

AEHS
10-12-20, 03:05
One thing that helped me was a lot of hot teas , distracting myself and hot showers .
Meditating and honestly what also helped a lot was if you are able to go on with your life keep moving .. your body knows what it needs to do <3

If I knew then what I know now I would've done by best to remain calm .., I think me having anxiety just made my symptoms more intense and I was in survival mode I would notice any little pain and ache which I think made everything prolong .
once i started to relax a little the aches and pains were less and I had more energy.

Although the body aches , and cold feeling was bad I can tell you the anxiety was 1000000 times worse than my symptoms

AEHS
10-12-20, 20:00
Hi @katyfitz how are you ? Thinking of you , I hope you are doing better

katyfitz
10-12-20, 20:54
Hi AEHS, that’s very sweet of you. I’m having a better day today. I’ve felt more relaxed and able to focus more. I was thinking about what you said about had you have known your anxiety played a huge part then you’d have relaxed more. I’m holding onto that. Tomorrow is day 13 so I hope it will be getting better from here. How are you? X

AEHS
10-12-20, 23:08
That's good , I'm on day 19 and feel better I do have a little of soreness from my legs but the nurse told I have to recondition my body by walking and light expercise .
I must say tho today I was a little more anxious today .. not sure why because overall I feel better .

My doctor prescribed me Celexa but I'm too scared to take it while my body is recovering

NancyW
10-12-20, 23:29
Tomorrow Dec 11th will be 1 month exactly since symptom onset. Energy is back, little to no coughing, taste and smell is very muted. I can taste sour, salt and sweet not much else.
I made fried potatoes and eggs for lunch today, could not taste either one. ☹

katyfitz
11-12-20, 00:52
Hi Nancy,
Oh wow one month for the loss of smell and taste is a long time but here’s hoping it’s back in time for Christmas. Glad you’re on the mend, great to hear. There’s is a light at the end of this dark tunnel.

AEHS sorry to hear you’re so anxious. Talk anytime :))))

katyfitz
11-12-20, 11:24
Guys did any of you have a feeling like you’d eaten 5 of the strongest mints ever and it left with that strong hot or cold feeling in mouth chest? Best way I can describe it really or like taking a big bit of freezing Cold air in x

NancyW
11-12-20, 12:29
Hi Katy, I felt that in my nose for a few days.

leanderson2012
11-12-20, 18:22
Hi @Katyfitz. Yes, I experienced exactly that, starting right around day 14. Felt like I had just gone for a run in very cold air. Lasted for me for about two weeks on and off. I never talked to my doctor about it, but my guess is that it's just some residual inflammation.

katyfitz
11-12-20, 19:31
Thank you ladies. It really is the weirdest thing ever. I have a quick question that you may have the answer to. Do you know how long covid stays in your body for? I know after 10 days they say you’re no longer contagious but?.....

leanderson2012
11-12-20, 19:39
So you can test positive for 3 months sometimes. Doesn't mean it's still active in your body, or that you're still fighting it, it just means it's there. In the US, they actually recommend not getting tested for awhile once you've recovered, since there's a good chance you'll continue to test positive (although I wouldn't necessarily say that the US is the country you should be following for COVID-19 advice :winks:) I still got tested pretty regularly beginning right after my 14 day quarantine, but continued to test positive for a month after my first test. My negative test came back exactly one month after I started experiencing symptoms. It could be awhile until it's fully out of your body, or you could test negative right away. Either way, it doesn't mean that you're still in danger of crashing, even if you continue to test positive. Seems like it's a common thing to have it in you for awhile, so you'll be in good company :)

NancyW
11-12-20, 20:06
Don't they say though that it's dead virus in your body that's causing the positive test?

leanderson2012
11-12-20, 20:14
@NancyW, yes, I've heard that, and what my nurse friend told me. I'm not sure if it's confirmed or not? Regardless, while I didn't love the idea of the dead virus just hanging out inside of me, I guess it's better than it being alive and active :yahoo:

NancyW
11-12-20, 20:26
True.. True lol
Have any of you noticed family and friends grilling you with covid questions ?

I'm getting it from all ends, I'm not an authority I can only speak for my experience.

katyfitz
12-12-20, 15:51
Yes Nancy. It’s like we’ve become a novelty or are famous with all the questions we seem to get. I think more people have it and just don’t know as all symptoms can be different not just the main ones xx

NancyW
14-12-20, 00:30
Finally - Life after Covid positive

I am 1 month (and 2 days) after onset of covid symptoms and finally I feel recovered.

About 4 days ago I got my energy back, only lingering symptoms now are I can smell and taste very, very little. Sometimes I think it's coming back as a get a whiff of something and then, take a deeper sniff and nope, can't smell it. I also have rib and breast bone pain from coughing my guts out for 3 weeks.

Anyone else with us that had covid? It may be nice to compare notes to help encourage eachother.

Day 1 - cough and no other symptoms, easy to brush off.
Day 2, 3,4 fever in the evening and all over sick, dragging flu feeling, very upset at the thought I had covid. The count was on, we have had a lot of fear instilled into us and counting the days since symptom onset is a common thing because at about a week some people crash and end up in the hospital. The fear is real.
Day 6 positive Sofia 2 SARS Antigen FIA Swab test
Week 1 and 2, height of symptoms, sick all over body flu feeling, cough (awful), taste and smell gone, headache, fatigue, heart racing with slight activity, out of breath quickly also stomach and diarrhea (sorry tmi) Every day I thought tomorrow will be better but it was the same, symptoms hang on which feels like will I ever get rid of this thing?
Worst of it was for about 2 weeks (with some short moments of, hey, I feel better, then nope I don't)
Week 3 I was functioning but still not great
Week 4 return of energy hurrah !!

AEHS
17-12-20, 00:50
Hello , how are you ? I hope your feeling better . :)

leanderson2012
22-12-20, 01:22
Hi all. I’m so happy to read everyoneMs stories on here and hear that everyone is feeling better. We are all proof that the worst case scenario does not always happen!

Just needing some connection tonight. The past month has been one of the worst month’s for me, mental health wise. I don’t know if it’s delayed anxiety from having covid, or an actual chemical shift in my brain, or what. But I’m in a really awful, dark place. I’m used to anxiety feeling like being electrocuted, but I’m simultaneously feeling so weighted down and low. Worst case scenario every time a scary thought comes into mind. My breathing and chest is starting to feel weird and right too, and while I’m sure that’s anxiety related, I worry about scarring, heart and lung damage, long term complications, etc. I constantly feel like I’m taking a “double breath”, if that makes sense. Like how my breath catches when I’m crying, but I’m not (usually lol). I’m also batting a bit of a head cold right now, so I’m sure that’s related as well, but I can’t stop obsessing over it and all my other symptoms.

I know people are coming to this site and thread being nervous, so I don’t want my fears to put thoughts in your head. This are irrational and illogical, and I don’t want them to affect your journey.

I’m also dealing with severe insomnia right now, which I’ve read is common with covid. That could be affecting everything too.

I’m just wondering if anyone is feeling something similar or has any tips? Either for mental health or the insomnia? I just feel like I’m drowning right now and I feel really empty and alone.

NancyW
22-12-20, 01:54
@leanderson2012 it sure sounds like a delayed anxiety reaction.
I have to admit I too have had some fleeting fears about what covid may have done, I'm doing my best to brush them off and busy my mind with something else.

Something I noticed with my own anxiety, if I have nothing to obsess on it feels like my anxiety roots around looking for something to latch onto.

You did exceptionally well during covid, now that you've recovered there's room for your anxiety to resurface. Not sleeping is absolutely making it worse. All 3 of us are also having trouble sleeping, I read too that it's a covid thing. My husband and I are trying melatonin and it seems to be helping a bit.

Norab posted this on another thread and it hit me like a ton of bricks.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
we tend to cope far better with life's actual shit than our fearful imagination.

leanderson2012
22-12-20, 03:01
Thank you so much for your words @NancyW. I think you’re exactly right, I think this is just a delayed reaction. That’s really kind of you to say I did well during it, but I definitely had my fair share of breakdowns too lol. I know I’m lucky that I had such a mild case, and feel embarrassed that I’m reacting to it like it was such a traumatic event, but that’s just the way my body needs to process it.

I agree with you 100%, my anxiety is like an octopus that is always reaching for something to fixate and obsess over. If I don’t have any true danger right in front of me, it will find or invent something.

That quote is spot on, and I need to remember it. At the beginning of the pandemic I was convinced I wouldn’t make it through this with my sanity, but here we all are, 9+ months later, and some of us actually recovering from it, and we’re making it. And will continue to make it.

I’m sorry to hear that you all are struggling with sleep too. This thing really is insidious. Although that is a good tip for the melatonin. I’m going to try to go to bed now but I can already feel the anxiety and pressure of not sleeping tonight building. What a viscous cycle this is!! Time to read until I can’t keep my eyes open. I hope your family is able to catch some good sleep tonight too ❤️

AEHS
23-12-20, 01:26
Hi @leanderson
I'm officially 1 month post covid .
I'm going through it also... my anxiety is definitely better than when I was 2 weeks I was so scared but right now my anxiety is more of what if my heart stops out of no where

I also feel embarrassed to be acting like this because when I look back I acutally had a mild case .. ya I had body aches , chest tightness and it took me about 3 weeks to feel better I wasn't gasping for air or in the hospital.

I also worry about heart damage, lungs etc
I have some shortness of breath when I talk on the phone but only when I notice it .,
I know it's not true shortness of breath because when I'm moving and doing I don't feel it .., I also have sore legs but from a nurse she said I need to build strength again .
I'm more worried about my heart :( but my husband says the heart is the strongest muscle .

One thing that kinda has helped me is
I joined a FB form I see a lot of people who had lingering symptoms months ago , I go and check if they are still alive .. and yes they are
I saw a lady who had COVID pneumonia and was on oxygen for couple of months and she just had a heart scan and test and all came back normal .
A lot of people there have lingering symptoms for months but doctors tell them they are fine .

But just so you know since I suffer from hypochondria I decided to leave those forms because I felt it was doing more damage than helping me ..

I do feel us hypochondria have it worse because even tho we didn't die we are now thinking ok but what if now I have something from my lungs or heart .

I been trying to just block my anxiety you know how when you have a symptom the more you focus on it the more it's there ? Or when you read a symptom and start feeling it ?
But the moment you let go it' goes away ?
It's not easy but I'm trying .,

My doctor prescribed celexa and I don't know if should take it .. but I really just want to overcome this anxiety...

The craziest part of all is this : I have a uncle currently in the hospital on a bipap and guess what he got really bad on day 10 not 1 months later .. on day 10 ..

The days I have anxiety or stress are the days I notice my lingering symptoms .. and the days I don't have anxiety are the days I feel better 💜💜💜

quaksalver
29-12-20, 08:42
I know where you guys ate coming from
I had the damned coonies (local slang for covid) for 3 months, fever wouldnt go away. HA sufferers must be having a torrid time with it but the odds are overwhelming in our favor

willll
29-12-20, 21:09
anyone else experience stuffy nose and sinus pain with covid? Waiting for my test results and can’t stop wondering if I have it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squishchips
29-12-20, 21:15
anyone else experience stuffy nose and sinus pain with covid? Waiting for my test results and can’t stop wondering if I have it or not.

Not been tested yet but husband is positive and im sure I am as well. I have blocked nose, sore throat and some sinus pressure - equally could just be sinus infection

willll
29-12-20, 21:17
Not been tested yet but husband is positive and im sure I am as well. I have blocked nose, sore throat and some sinus pressure - equally could just be sinus infection

Do either of you have a fever?

Squishchips
29-12-20, 21:26
Do either of you have a fever?

No - both us completely normal - I am starting to feel bit worse but no fever as of yet

elizabethalice
31-12-20, 19:40
Really glad I found this thread! My boyfriend tested positive yesterday. Hes had symptoms since boxing day, and a bad cough since the 28th. I haven't been tested but I have fluey symptoms, I'm not so worried about myself although I am getting some chest tightness which is a standard anxiety symptom for me (i don't actually think its covid related but I do think I have covid).

I'm most worried about my boyfriends cough. Has anyone else had a bad cough with covid? I know it's one of the main symptoms but it is really worrying me. Hes 30 and in decent health, no underlying conditions. His breathing is ok but keeping an eye on it.

Thanks in advance!

NancyW
31-12-20, 22:10
Has anyone else had a bad cough with covid?

Yes. My cough was terrible. It lasted over 3 weeks and I coughed so much and so hard I hurt my ribs, my nurse friend said its called costocondrtitis. That took another week or so to get better.

elizabethalice
31-12-20, 22:34
So sorry that you went through that but thankyou for the reassurance. Have you recovered now?

NancyW
31-12-20, 23:03
So sorry that you went through that but thankyou for the reassurance. Have you recovered now?

Thank you, I'm recovered but this virus drags on and on, it's plain annoying. I still can't taste or smell very much at all. :-(

elizabethalice
01-01-21, 09:19
Thank you, I'm recovered but this virus drags on and on, it's plain annoying. I still can't taste or smell very much at all. :-(

I hope it comes back soon! Glad you've recovered from the main virus though :)

If anyone else is struggling with a cough, my boyfriend has been laying on his front (he normally always sleeps on his back) and that seems to be helping, as are hot baths. We were drinking hot honey and lemon until we ran out of lemon - got some coming in the food delivery!

I am still anxious about both of us, but he's on day 6 of symptoms now (I'm on day 4 but my symptoms are much milder) so hopefully once we get through the next few days we'll see an improvement and can relax more.

Squishchips
01-01-21, 09:37
I hope it comes back soon! Glad you've recovered from the main virus though :)

If anyone else is struggling with a cough, my boyfriend has been laying on his front (he normally always sleeps on his back) and that seems to be helping, as are hot baths. We were drinking hot honey and lemon until we ran out of lemon - got some coming in the food delivery!

I am still anxious about both of us, but he's on day 6 of symptoms now (I'm on day 4 but my symptoms are much milder) so hopefully once we get through the next few days we'll see an improvement and can relax more.

Hello - definitely sleep on his front - ive read thats so important and never lie on back always on side / stomach / sit up right. I found some breathing exercises on YouTube that are apparently really helpful too - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBkGDIeQwXo

What symptoms do you have out of interest?

Wish you both better very soon - my husband is positive but no symptoms as of yet - Im not sure if im positive or not but have sinus symptoms - day 4 also

elizabethalice
01-01-21, 10:05
Hello - definitely sleep on his front - ive read thats so important and never lie on back always on side / stomach / sit up right. I found some breathing exercises on YouTube that are apparently really helpful too - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBkGDIeQwXo

What symptoms do you have out of interest?

Wish you both better very soon - my husband is positive but no symptoms as of yet - Im not sure if im positive or not but have sinus symptoms - day 4 also

Yes I'll make sure he does this, he's used to sleeping on his back and thinks that he might be getting back ache from not doing so - although I think that may be another symptom. He's now laying on his front and putting heat on his back to help with the ache when necessary. Thanks for the breathing exercises, I'll share them!

My main symptoms are fatigue - I cleaned the kitchen yesterday and it knocked me for six - and I feel generally quite sicky (no appetite) and achy. A bit of a stuffy head and some stomach problems. I did have a mild fever a couple of days ago but that's gone down now, and was coughing more than normal but not really now. I am sure I have it, but I am getting a test today to confirm, mainly because I think it would be beneficial to have it on my medical records.

Thanks a lot, I hope you and your husband are ok! For me it feels like quite a mild illness, a little worse for my boyfriend and symptoms go up and down but I'm sure we'll both be ok :)

Squishchips
01-01-21, 10:28
Yes I'll make sure he does this, he's used to sleeping on his back and thinks that he might be getting back ache from not doing so - although I think that may be another symptom. He's now laying on his front and putting heat on his back to help with the ache when necessary. Thanks for the breathing exercises, I'll share them!

My main symptoms are fatigue - I cleaned the kitchen yesterday and it knocked me for six - and I feel generally quite sicky (no appetite) and achy. A bit of a stuffy head and some stomach problems. I did have a mild fever a couple of days ago but that's gone down now, and was coughing more than normal but not really now. I am sure I have it, but I am getting a test today to confirm, mainly because I think it would be beneficial to have it on my medical records.

Thanks a lot, I hope you and your husband are ok! For me it feels like quite a mild illness, a little worse for my boyfriend and symptoms go up and down but I'm sure we'll both be ok :)

You can definitely get back ache from lying on your front as well - poor him hopefully it'll pass soon

Sounds like yours is really manageable so far - im similar but no fatigue or loss of energy at all - just feels like a sinus infection. I actually got a really similar reaction after my flu jab which is strange. Mainly just congestion, sore throat and sinus pressure

Will be interested to see if your test is negative or positive. I'm going to go for mine in a few days I think otherwise the panic will get the better of me. I'm now day 8 from exposure and day 4/5 of symptoms but they've not escalated - today just feels like a lot of sinus pressure but nothing ive not had before

ive read that vitamin C and zinc is really good - we bought some tablets that you dissolve in water to drink - so might be worth checking that out too :)

elizabethalice
01-01-21, 13:39
You can definitely get back ache from lying on your front as well - poor him hopefully it'll pass soon

Sounds like yours is really manageable so far - im similar but no fatigue or loss of energy at all - just feels like a sinus infection. I actually got a really similar reaction after my flu jab which is strange. Mainly just congestion, sore throat and sinus pressure

Will be interested to see if your test is negative or positive. I'm going to go for mine in a few days I think otherwise the panic will get the better of me. I'm now day 8 from exposure and day 4/5 of symptoms but they've not escalated - today just feels like a lot of sinus pressure but nothing ive not had before

ive read that vitamin C and zinc is really good - we bought some tablets that you dissolve in water to drink - so might be worth checking that out too :)

Yes hopefully! He's on day 7 of symptoms now so if he improves even a little in the next couple of days I will feel much better. He is much more fatigued today and just wants to sleep (it's the first day he's stayed in bed) but that's no bad thing if it helps his body recover. His cough hasn't got worse since it started (but it's been bad then whole time).

Yes I'm ok, I get the odd tight chest but I think that's more anxiety than anything! Im also on day 5 of symptoms and they haven't escalated. Hopefully you will continue to have mild symptoms too - if you have it, that is! How is your husband?

Will update when I get the results, they turned my boyfriends around very quickly so I'll hopefully know tomorrow. Thanks for the tip with the vitamins, I will see what i can buy online!

Squishchips
01-01-21, 14:05
Yes hopefully! He's on day 7 of symptoms now so if he improves even a little in the next couple of days I will feel much better. He is much more fatigued today and just wants to sleep (it's the first day he's stayed in bed) but that's no bad thing if it helps his body recover. His cough hasn't got worse since it started (but it's been bad then whole time).

Yes I'm ok, I get the odd tight chest but I think that's more anxiety than anything! Im also on day 5 of symptoms and they haven't escalated. Hopefully you will continue to have mild symptoms too - if you have it, that is! How is your husband?

Will update when I get the results, they turned my boyfriends around very quickly so I'll hopefully know tomorrow. Thanks for the tip with the vitamins, I will see what i can buy online!

Amazing, thank you.

I'm the same - tight chest, odd little twinge of pain, aching arms, nausea - all anxiety symptoms!

Today im just quite congested - but I get this all the time so god knows. I have seen from an accidental google (stupid me) that sinus is quite common with covid but I dont know how much that is true. My ears are crackling away which is annoying

My husband is fine so far - no symptoms yet thank god. He's just stuck in the bedroom eating pot noodles and catching up on box sets so seems happy enough!

elizabethalice
01-01-21, 14:27
Amazing, thank you.

I'm the same - tight chest, odd little twinge of pain, aching arms, nausea - all anxiety symptoms!

Today im just quite congested - but I get this all the time so god knows. I have seen from an accidental google (stupid me) that sinus is quite common with covid but I dont know how much that is true. My ears are crackling away which is annoying

My husband is fine so far - no symptoms yet thank god. He's just stuck in the bedroom eating pot noodles and catching up on box sets so seems happy enough!

I just replied to you on another thread, didn't realise you were the same person haha! But I was saying I understand your frustration after being so careful, we've been very careful all year too. But honestly it sounds like your husband will be an asymptomatic case and if you do have it it will be very mild. Happy to chat if you need anything, looks like we're both in the UK. Whereabouts in the country are you out of interest?

Squishchips
01-01-21, 15:24
I just replied to you on another thread, didn't realise you were the same person haha! But I was saying I understand your frustration after being so careful, we've been very careful all year too. But honestly it sounds like your husband will be an asymptomatic case and if you do have it it will be very mild. Happy to chat if you need anything, looks like we're both in the UK. Whereabouts in the country are you out of interest?

I hope so! Fingers crossed - and same to you - it's nice (sort of, obviously would rather none of us were going through this!) to have someone going through it at the same time. It's such a stressful time.

I'm just outside of Norwich, what about yourself?

I'm pretty much around 24/7 at moment - not anything else to do is there �� so do message anytime if you need xx

elizabethalice
01-01-21, 16:41
I hope so! Fingers crossed - and same to you - it's nice (sort of, obviously would rather none of us were going through this!) to have someone going through it at the same time. It's such a stressful time.

I'm just outside of Norwich, what about yourself?

I'm pretty much around 24/7 at moment - not anything else to do is there �� so do message anytime if you need xx

Yes definitely, we're in it together! I'm in Bristol, cases went up here a lot when we moved from t3 to t2, so we moved back up to t3 a week later... think we contracted it in the brief week we were in t2 even though we didn't do anything risky!

Same here, I'm trying to go on here and chat to people rather than reaching for the news at the moment! We'll all be ok I'm sure xx

NancyW
01-01-21, 20:26
I'm trying to go on here and chat to people rather than reaching for the news at the moment!

Me too!!! The news is horrid and has been since the beginning of this. I felt and still feel such support and reassurance here.

Thank you 🙂

elizabethalice
01-01-21, 21:08
Me too!!! The news is horrid and has been since the beginning of this. I felt and still feel such support and reassurance here.

Thank you 🙂

Absolutely! For any other illness, we wouldn't have a constant news stream of it. It's been a tough old year for everyone, and definitely those prone to anxiety, but I'm sure we're all even stronger now :)

leanderson2012
02-01-21, 04:01
@elizabethalice, So sorry you and your boyfriend are feeling poor, and for the positive test result. Coughs are actually a good thing with covid (although they can get very painful and difficult). My doctor and friend whose a nurse encouraged me to not take a cough suppressant for as long as I can, as the cough helps keep things in the airways loose. Sleeping on the stomach, as you’ve already pointed out, is very good too. I took two hot showers a day (one in the morning and one at night) and would do some force coughs in the steam. My cough though was not debilitating or extremely frequent, so if he’s coughing a lot already he may not need to force anything.

I hope you’re feeling okay too. Sorry to hear about your fatigue, I’m still feeling that a few months on, although it is much more manageable now. Just as you and the other posters on here have said, stats are on your side! You both are going to be okay, but I’m sorry you have to go through this ❤️

elizabethalice
02-01-21, 06:49
Thanks a lot for your message leanderson!

It's comforting to hear that coughs are good. He's definitely coughing a lot but if its helping, that's great! He has been up a couple of times tonight having coughing fits but generally I think he is improving. Seems less feverish and more like himself. Thanks for your tips.

Yes I'm ok thanks, I am definitely unwell but it's not the illest I've been, and I think my immune system is fighting it well. Despite intense fatigue I am still struggling to sleep (I'm a lifetime insomniac) which is the main struggle as I know my body needs it!

Yes the stats are on my side, and if we start making small improvements now I'll feel much better as it's been 6/8 days since we started showing symptoms. Promising signs with my boyfriend so fingers crossed :)

Thanks for taking the time to write, I really appreciate it!

elizabethalice
02-01-21, 12:23
Day 5/6ish of symptoms for me and 8 for my boyfriend

I had an awful nights sleep, probably only about 4 hours and today I'm feeling super anxious for it. I've managed to go so far without worrying too much about myself but I'm getting some chest tightness, however I know I always get this when I'm anxious!

I also got a bit too obsessed with my phones blood oxygen monitor, which was definitely the wrong thing to do as I think its faulty. It told me readings of 92% and 100% within 15 minutes of each other! Nearly all were over 97% though. I know, i need to stop doing it...

I always get anxious when I'm tired and I feel ok otherwise, but I've really spiralled anxiety wise today 😫

My boyfriend goes up and down but he does seem to be generally improving.

If anyone is able to help with my anxiety today, I'd be forever grateful.

Squishchips
02-01-21, 12:41
Day 5/6ish of symptoms for me and 8 for my boyfriend

I had an awful nights sleep, probably only about 4 hours and today I'm feeling super anxious for it. I've managed to go so far without worrying too much about myself but I'm getting some chest tightness, however I know I always get this when I'm anxious!

I also got a bit too obsessed with my phones blood oxygen monitor, which was definitely the wrong thing to do as I think its faulty. It told me readings of 92% and 100% within 15 minutes of each other! Nearly all were over 97% though. I know, i need to stop doing it...

I always get anxious when I'm tired and I feel ok otherwise, but I've really spiralled anxiety wise today 

My boyfriend goes up and down but he does seem to be generally improving.

If anyone is able to help with my anxiety today, I'd be forever grateful.

I bought one of those oximeters from amazon - tested it yesterday it said 89 and started beeping and I swear I nearly fell over. Tested it again straight away 97 and 98 straight after. I think if you got a low reading in a row worry, if you get the odd one - its just not that accurate!

Do you use YouTube at all? Maybe a series on TV might be a bit much but I find YouTube quite helpful as its short videos so can help distract. Also a guy on there called Michael Sealey who does some relaxation/meditation videos

When im really bad I find having some background noise helps, a throat sweet or something like that also helps for some reason for me, and the usual stuff that helps anxiety that I never do despite it being helpful (breathing etc). Open a window, maybe do a face mask or something? sounds silly but might take your mind off things

Chest tightness is 100% anxiety symptom - I got some aches in my arm yesterday and same deal. It's like what was said on the other thread - anxiety makes this feel so much worse - physically symptoms of anxiety mixed in with being unwell creates a horrible feeling.

Today is day 5/6 - you've not got worse so it's really unlikely now (saying this to me as well) - we've got a week left - we can do this :)

Im sure other people on this thread will have really good advice as well - shall look out for this for me as well!

elizabethalice
02-01-21, 13:33
Yeah I'm gonna step away from the oximiter, especially if my breathing is normal! Thanks for the recommendation, I'm going to watch some YouTube and eat some instant ramen. Now I'm out of my spiral I can detach myself from it and realise that I am ok. Definitely, I've seen the doctor before about worse chest tightness than I have now and they said absolutely nothing to worry about, just anxiety!

You're right, not long now 😊 feel much more positive now! And I'm hoping that once we've recovered I'll have a lot more faith in the health of my body, and subsequently less health anxiety in general. As I've struggled with HA for 3 years, that would be a very good thing to come out of this!

elizabethalice
02-01-21, 16:06
Finally - Life after Covid positive

I am 1 month (and 2 days) after onset of covid symptoms and finally I feel recovered.

About 4 days ago I got my energy back, only lingering symptoms now are I can smell and taste very, very little. Sometimes I think it's coming back as a get a whiff of something and then, take a deeper sniff and nope, can't smell it. I also have rib and breast bone pain from coughing my guts out for 3 weeks.

Anyone else with us that had covid? It may be nice to compare notes to help encourage eachother.

Day 1 - cough and no other symptoms, easy to brush off.
Day 2, 3,4 fever in the evening and all over sick, dragging flu feeling, very upset at the thought I had covid. The count was on, we have had a lot of fear instilled into us and counting the days since symptom onset is a common thing because at about a week some people crash and end up in the hospital. The fear is real.
Day 6 positive Sofia 2 SARS Antigen FIA Swab test
Week 1 and 2, height of symptoms, sick all over body flu feeling, cough (awful), taste and smell gone, headache, fatigue, heart racing with slight activity, out of breath quickly also stomach and diarrhea (sorry tmi) Every day I thought tomorrow will be better but it was the same, symptoms hang on which feels like will I ever get rid of this thing?
Worst of it was for about 2 weeks (with some short moments of, hey, I feel better, then nope I don't)
Week 3 I was functioning but still not great
Week 4 return of energy hurrah !!

Just been going back in this thread and my boyfriends symptoms sound very similar to yours Nancy. He promises me he's ok and he does have bouts of seeming better but the coughing fits are so horrible to hear!

flappergirl
03-01-21, 06:20
I was confirmed as having COVID yesterday. My symptoms are mainly like a head cold/sinus, and I am on day 7. I feel like things are improving but have terrible headaches which I wonder if are tension related as they are at side and back of head. I have HA and am finding it hard not to spiral out of control with worry for myself and also my family. My hubby and elderly MIL both also have it and have more coughing chest symptoms. Both of them yesterday had to seek emergency care and fortunately all stats good so just keep on going with home care. Such a worry and feel like this is such an unknown. I feel a little reassured by this thread, any positive stories are welcomed as the news is like a horror film at the moment

Squishchips
03-01-21, 07:45
I was confirmed as having COVID yesterday. My symptoms are mainly like a head cold/sinus, and I am on day 7. I feel like things are improving but have terrible headaches which I wonder if are tension related as they are at side and back of head. I have HA and am finding it hard not to spiral out of control with worry for myself and also my family. My hubby and elderly MIL both also have it and have more coughing chest symptoms. Both of them yesterday had to seek emergency care and fortunately all stats good so just keep on going with home care. Such a worry and feel like this is such an unknown. I feel a little reassured by this thread, any positive stories are welcomed as the news is like a horror film at the moment

Hello - I do not have confirmed covid because im too much of a wimp to take a test but I also have sinus symptoms. My husband is confirmed and asymptomatic. It affects people differently - I dont know today If some aching I have is symptoms, or anxiety - and I think it's most likely anxiety as I'm really struggling today

You're on day 7 - do you know when you were exposed? I'd say your symptoms are mild so likely to stay mild :)

My MIL had to go to hospital too - she has really bad asthma and they've kept her in a few days - such a worry but please remember the very vast majority are fine with this

I would very much 100% stay away from the news. I have not switched on a news channel for a week and hidden all mentions of the horror stories where I can - it's not worth the affect to your mental health xx

elizabethalice
03-01-21, 08:56

Hello, I am also on day 7 of symptoms. Mines been like a mild flu which is now a head cold and a lot of fatigue, not pleasant but manageable. I've found headaches come and go.

My boyfriend has a bad cough like your husband and MIL. It's horrible hearing them coughing isn't it - but that's really positive that they've been tested in hospital and they're both ok! Hope that helps you relax a bit for them. If you read up on the thread a bit theres some reassurance about coughing too, it is actually a good thing although it sounds horrible. My boyfriend is on day 9 of symptoms now.

It's a horrible situation isn't it, especially for us with HA. As squishchips said stay far away from the news, it will never report on the vast majority of people who are fine! Even with some nasty symptoms, the odds are in our favour. It's an anxiety provoking time, but hang in there, keep chatting to people on here, and go back and read these success stories of how everyone recovered. In a couple of weeks, we'll all be writing on this forum talking about how us and our loved ones are all recovered too :) always here if you need a chat!

flappergirl
03-01-21, 10:11
Hello, I am also on day 7 of symptoms. Mines been like a mild flu which is now a head cold and a lot of fatigue, not pleasant but manageable. I've found headaches come and go.

My boyfriend has a bad cough like your husband and MIL. It's horrible hearing them coughing isn't it - but that's really positive that they've been tested in hospital and they're both ok! Hope that helps you relax a bit for them. If you read up on the thread a bit theres some reassurance about coughing too, it is actually a good thing although it sounds horrible. My boyfriend is on day 9 of symptoms now.

It's a horrible situation isn't it, especially for us with HA. As squishchips said stay far away from the news, it will never report on the vast majority of people who are fine! Even with some nasty symptoms, the odds are in our favour. It's an anxiety provoking time, but hang in there, keep chatting to people on here, and go back and read these success stories of how everyone recovered. In a couple of weeks, we'll all be writing on this forum talking about how us and our loved ones are all recovered too :) always here if you need a chat!

Thank you both. ☺️ my husband is on day 9 of symptoms, MIL day 8. I’m hoping that we are moving out of it now. I heard so much about people who’d got worse about a week in so I’m probably extra tense, and struggling to keep calm at times. I am just praying everyone will be ok, and thankful for each improvement any of us make. I hope you and your families get well soon xxx

Squishchips
03-01-21, 10:16
Thank you both. ☺️ my husband is on day 9 of symptoms, MIL day 8. I’m hoping that we are moving out of it now. I heard so much about people who’d got worse about a week in so I’m probably extra tense, and struggling to keep calm at times. I am just praying everyone will be ok, and thankful for each improvement any of us make. I hope you and your families get well soon xxx

I had heard that too and I think that's also why im this anxious today but actually how many people say that in reality? I've asked my friends etc and no one has had that experience so far so just remember we're hearing about the worst cases, not generally everyone else's. Just have to be hopeful and get through these days

It feels like a lifetime - it really does

Your sinus symptoms - what you got with them? any temp? Mine is sinus congestion/blocked ears, slight headache, bit of a fuzzy feeling in my head and a bit of pressure that comes and goes xx

elizabethalice
03-01-21, 10:46

I think if there was any worry about your husband and MIL the hospital would have said, so try to take some comfort from that. It sounds like your symptoms are very mild too, and I think if they were going to get worse you'd know about it by now. While my symptoms are also manageable and have improved, I understand the fear, we've had this virus drilled into us for nearly a year now so its terrifying to have it! But you're nearly there, on the home stretch - so keep focusing on that and know that it will get better from here!

elizabethalice
03-01-21, 10:52
Day 6 of symptoms for me, day 8 for my boyfriend. 12 days from exposure (I think).

I feel a lot better this morning. Fluey symptoms have gone, I have a few cold like symptoms now but nothing too bad. The only thing I'm a bit concerned about it chest tightness, which is probably due to anxiety. It's fine at the moment and feels like it normally does when I get anxiety chest symptoms (which is common for me) - but of course i have to catch myself spiralling and worrying about my breath.

Boyfriend is ok, he's managing to sleep without waking up coughing which is a good sign. Sat in the lounge for two 2 hour periods yesterday and ate most of his dinner. Breathing and temperature are fine.

A couple more days and I'll feel a lot better 🤞

flappergirl
03-01-21, 13:05
I had heard that too and I think that's also why im this anxious today but actually how many people say that in reality? I've asked my friends etc and no one has had that experience so far so just remember we're hearing about the worst cases, not generally everyone else's. Just have to be hopeful and get through these days

It feels like a lifetime - it really does

Your sinus symptoms - what you got with them? any temp? Mine is sinus congestion/blocked ears, slight headache, bit of a fuzzy feeling in my head and a bit of pressure that comes and goes xx

I haven’t had a temperature at all. I have a blocked feeling at the back of my nose, and then lost a bit of my sense of taste/smell (but it has improved), yesterday the stuffiness has gone down but now I have sinus face pressure and head pressure. I don’t know whether the head pressure is tension, or illness or both. I feel a bit fuzzy in my head. I have a very slight cough today and have only had a little cough here and over the past few days. When I get a cold I feel quite stuffed up and then better soon I’m hoping it is going out. Chest is tight but my head is all over the place today x

flappergirl
03-01-21, 13:07
Test an trace says that I am to isolate till the 7th so as that is getting closer, I am trying to be more hopeful! 🙏🏻😊

Squishchips
03-01-21, 15:02
I haven’t had a temperature at all. I have a blocked feeling at the back of my nose, and then lost a bit of my sense of taste/smell (but it has improved), yesterday the stuffiness has gone down but now I have sinus face pressure and head pressure. I don’t know whether the head pressure is tension, or illness or both. I feel a bit fuzzy in my head. I have a very slight cough today and have only had a little cough here and over the past few days. When I get a cold I feel quite stuffed up and then better soon I’m hoping it is going out. Chest is tight but my head is all over the place today x

This is really similar to me except I dont have a cough and not lost taste/smell. My congestion went down a couple days ago and now just have tickle in my throat and some head pressure. I hate the face pressure, I had that the other day. I find a cold cloth that you put in the freezer first (if your face feels hot) against it helps. If you can try not to lie on your back as I think that makes the congestion worse.

A cough is really common with sinuses as well - it sounds all very much standard sinusitis - ive hard of a few people having this symptom - strange isn't it? A friend of mine thinks its because im so used to having sinus issues this is how my body reacts to it.

Have you taken anything at all? Lemsip not usually used for sinus but I had one yesterday and it really helped - ive not had one yet today but may do as my head hurting a bit and dont want to take my usual nurofen.

7th is Thursday (my app says Friday but Thursday is when I'll be a lot calmer) and same for Elizabethalice as well - so we'll all get through this together.

Symptoms are mild - I doubt they'll get worse at this point. The worst thing is the anxiety definitely and being isolated.

Try and take your mind off it if you can - I'm slowly making myself through most of Netflix lol xx

elizabethalice
03-01-21, 15:44
@flappergirl I have very similar symptoms to you now. Fuzzy head, dry throat, slight cough. And tight chest but that's likely anxiety. If you have any tiger balm or other heat cream that's really helping my chest. I managed to order some other meds of amazon if you're struggling to get hold of them that's an option.

As squishchips said, with symptoms so mild they're unlikely to get worse. But it's very anxiety provoking and horrible in isolation! And yes I'm also isolating to the 7th, so don't worry you are not alone!

I just got my positive result back. I was expecting it, and I do think I'm over the worst now, but now I know for definite that I've got it!

flappergirl
03-01-21, 16:32
@flappergirl I have very similar symptoms to you now. Fuzzy head, dry throat, slight cough. And tight chest but that's likely anxiety. If you have any tiger balm or other heat cream that's really helping my chest. I managed to order some other meds of amazon if you're struggling to get hold of them that's an option.

As squishchips said, with symptoms so mild they're unlikely to get worse. But it's very anxiety provoking and horrible in isolation! And yes I'm also isolating to the 7th, so don't worry you are not alone!

I just got my positive result back. I was expecting it, and I do think I'm over the worst now, but now I know for definite that I've got it!

Thank you for your advice. I noticed yesterday that a shower with steam worked wonders so I might do that and also dig out olbas oil. Funny we have all the same end date for isolation! My hubby has the 5th but he’s in prison with us all to the bitter end 🤣

Where in the uk are you? We are in Epping forest district. I work in Brentwood which were both hot spots for COVID before Xmas.

flappergirl
03-01-21, 16:36
This is really similar to me except I dont have a cough and not lost taste/smell. My congestion went down a couple days ago and now just have tickle in my throat and some head pressure. I hate the face pressure, I had that the other day. I find a cold cloth that you put in the freezer first (if your face feels hot) against it helps. If you can try not to lie on your back as I think that makes the congestion worse.

A cough is really common with sinuses as well - it sounds all very much standard sinusitis - ive hard of a few people having this symptom - strange isn't it? A friend of mine thinks its because im so used to having sinus issues this is how my body reacts to it.

Have you taken anything at all? Lemsip not usually used for sinus but I had one yesterday and it really helped - ive not had one yet today but may do as my head hurting a bit and dont want to take my usual nurofen.

7th is Thursday (my app says Friday but Thursday is when I'll be a lot calmer) and same for Elizabethalice as well - so we'll all get through this together.

Symptoms are mild - I doubt they'll get worse at this point. The worst thing is the anxiety definitely and being isolated.

Try and take your mind off it if you can - I'm slowly making myself through most of Netflix lol xx

Thank you 😊 I am going to take a steam shower as I found that helped yesterday. Maybe I’ll just do my sinus thing as I have had a lot of sinus trouble and allergies in the past. When I get colds they go to my nose and my hubby gets them in his chest so it is a typical presentation like a cold I guess apart from its worse 😱

I have discovered that my echo show now allows Netflix which I’m excited about so I can watch it when cooking. Any good recommendations? I watched all the crown, love a binge watch! 😊

glassgirlw
03-01-21, 16:59
I binge watched the Bridgertons yesterday. So, so good. Ended up buying the first three books in the series lol.

elizabethalice
03-01-21, 17:14
Thank you for your advice. I noticed yesterday that a shower with steam worked wonders so I might do that and also dig out olbas oil. Funny we have all the same end date for isolation! My hubby has the 5th but he’s in prison with us all to the bitter end 🤣

Where in the uk are you? We are in Epping forest district. I work in Brentwood which were both hot spots for COVID before Xmas.

Yeah I might try a steam too actually. Yeah my boyfriend is the 6th I think but I think he might need to do a few more days anyway because he's still very symptomatic (but improving). Strange but nice that we're all on the same timeline (although would rather people weren't sick of course!).

I'm in Bristol, which is actually one of the only areas not in t4 now, although we caught it in the brief stint when it was t2, it was only in it for a week and cases soared then! My family are in London and Kent so not far from you. At least after this week you'll have had it, and you'll have antibodies for at least a few months. Just this next week to get through then we can relax a bit.

elizabethalice
03-01-21, 17:18
Thank you 😊 I am going to take a steam shower as I found that helped yesterday. Maybe I’ll just do my sinus thing as I have had a lot of sinus trouble and allergies in the past. When I get colds they go to my nose and my hubby gets them in his chest so it is a typical presentation like a cold I guess apart from its worse 😱

I have discovered that my echo show now allows Netflix which I’m excited about so I can watch it when cooking. Any good recommendations? I watched all the crown, love a binge watch! 😊

This is interesting about it being like our common symptoms. My boyfriend struggles with acid reflux and he coughs a lot more than I do generally, which might be why his cough is so bad. My colds are generally only a stuffy nose, which I've been getting, and I get a lot of headaches, which I've had on and off.

I second the Bridgerton recommendation, I'm watching it now!

flappergirl
03-01-21, 17:30
This is interesting about it being like our common symptoms. My boyfriend struggles with acid reflux and he coughs a lot more than I do generally, which might be why his cough is so bad. My colds are generally only a stuffy nose, which I've been getting, and I get a lot of headaches, which I've had on and off.

Right, Bridgerton it is 😁👍🏻

Squishchips
03-01-21, 19:14

Im also wondering this - as I always get ill with sinus stuff but never with much else (fingers crossed). A friend of mine said that it might be the normal immune response our bodies do? I dont know

I'm feeling quite queasy this evening - symptoms been fine all day but now just feel a bit off. Of course panic set in so now feel worse as a result

I third Bridgerton - watched it yesterday! Today been watching Cobra Kai (awful but watchable!) xx

flappergirl
03-01-21, 19:30
Im also wondering this - as I always get ill with sinus stuff but never with much else (fingers crossed). A friend of mine said that it might be the normal immune response our bodies do? I dont know

I'm feeling quite queasy this evening - symptoms been fine all day but now just feel a bit off. Of course panic set in so now feel worse as a result

I third Bridgerton - watched it yesterday! Today been watching Cobra Kai (awful but watchable!) xx

My hubby also says he feels queasy tonight. Also COVID has stomach upset as a symptom . My friends partner has had the sinus thing and bad stomach. Try to eat if you can, something bland like toast.

Started watching Bridgerton, good so far 😁

Squishchips
03-01-21, 21:33
My hubby also says he feels queasy tonight. Also COVID has stomach upset as a symptom . My friends partner has had the sinus thing and bad stomach. Try to eat if you can, something bland like toast.

Started watching Bridgerton, good so far 

How strange. I had no idea that sinus was a symptom of this at all.

I feel a bit better but now have the sinus pressure in my nose and forehead - horrid!

Bridgerton definitely passed the time yesterday - I've given up on Netflix and now on YouTube to try and take my mind off it

hope you're all feeling ok? xx

flappergirl
04-01-21, 08:53
How strange. I had no idea that sinus was a symptom of this at all.

I feel a bit better but now have the sinus pressure in my nose and forehead - horrid!

Bridgerton definitely passed the time yesterday - I've given up on Netflix and now on YouTube to try and take my mind off it

hope you're all feeling ok? xx

Day 8 🥳 My stuffiness seems less which is good. Yesterday I had a terrible headache which in the end I called 111 about, which is milder today. It is like a tightness/pressure around my head. Hubby has it too. I was reluctant to take ibruprofen as I was spooked from early news reports but dr said it was ok to use and it did relieve things somewhat.
I am having a lot of anxiety at night and woke up in the night panicking and feeling red hot. Managed to calm myself down and got some sleep in the end.

Hope everyone is doing well x

Squishchips
04-01-21, 09:25
Day 8 拾 My stuffiness seems less which is good. Yesterday I had a terrible headache which in the end I called 111 about, which is milder today. It is like a tightness/pressure around my head. Hubby has it too. I was reluctant to take ibruprofen as I was spooked from early news reports but dr said it was ok to use and it did relieve things somewhat.
I am having a lot of anxiety at night and woke up in the night panicking and feeling red hot. Managed to calm myself down and got some sleep in the end.

Hope everyone is doing well x

I hate that type of headache - only ever had it really bad once and it was just horrible thought my head was going to explode. I'm the same with ibuprofen so good to know that can be used.

I get the red hot thing with panic and sinus stuff too btw - it's horrid. I also have mild rosacea so it flares that as well I think - horrid feeling, I hope you're feeing bit better now?

xx

elizabethalice
04-01-21, 09:36
Day 7 for me, day 9 for my boyfriend. 13 days from exposure.

We also ended up calling 111 (British non emergency medical advice) last night as my boyfriend's temperature ended up going up again to the highest it's been. We spoke to a doctor who thought it might be a chest infection and who referred us to a local doctor.

The second doctor didn't think it was a chest infection, so we haven't got antibiotics yet but have a number to ring if his symptoms for that change. He actually said that it just takes some people 2-3 weeks to fight off the virus, so being feverish at this point isn't always a cause for concern. They want people who have high fevers and are still bedridden to call after a week so they can check them, but in most cases, including my boyfriends, it's just the virus taking a bit longer to process.

He has much worse symptoms than we all have (his temp got to 39.5 yesterday, his cough is still incredibly chesty, and so bad it made him throw up), and the doctor really wasn't too concerned. He needs to take paracetamol more consistently to keep his fever down, but nothing else.

If anyone has similar symptoms to my boyfriend and is freaking out, it is well worth contacting 111. The doctor said we did the right thing by calling them at that point, and the whole process took two hours. All of this is on his medical notes now and a doctor will ring us to follow back in a few days. I feel a lot happier knowing that the doctor has checked him over, albeit on the phone.

I feel ok today, I do still have a tight chest (which is only really noticable if I take a deeeeeep breath, so I'm sure its fine and anxiety related!) And am a little congested and tired, but no new symptoms. We're nearly there xx

quaksalver
04-01-21, 09:50
It took me 3 months to shake the damn virus off but Im sure thats unusual most people is up to one month

flappergirl
04-01-21, 12:04
Day 7 for me, day 9 for my boyfriend. 13 days from exposure.

We also ended up calling 111 (British non emergency medical advice) last night as my boyfriend's temperature ended up going up again to the highest it's been. We spoke to a doctor who thought it might be a chest infection and who referred us to a local doctor.

The second doctor didn't think it was a chest infection, so we haven't got antibiotics yet but have a number to ring if his symptoms for that change. He actually said that it just takes some people 2-3 weeks to fight off the virus, so being feverish at this point isn't always a cause for concern. They want people who have high fevers and are still bedridden to call after a week so they can check them, but in most cases, including my boyfriends, it's just the virus taking a bit longer to process.

He has much worse symptoms than we all have (his temp got to 39.5 yesterday, his cough is still incredibly chesty, and so bad it made him throw up), and the doctor really wasn't too concerned. He needs to take paracetamol more consistently to keep his fever down, but nothing else.

If anyone has similar symptoms to my boyfriend and is freaking out, it is well worth contacting 111. The doctor said we did the right thing by calling them at that point, and the whole process took two hours. All of this is on his medical notes now and a doctor will ring us to follow back in a few days. I feel a lot happier knowing that the doctor has checked him over, albeit on the phone.

I feel ok today, I do still have a tight chest (which is only really noticable if I take a deeeeeep breath, so I'm sure its fine and anxiety related!) And am a little congested and tired, but no new symptoms. We're nearly there xx

I’m sorry to hear that your boyfriend has still got a fever. My MIL also has fever that comes and goes and the medical advice was to be really consistent with the paracetamol, every 4 hours. The 111 are really good, and it is such a relief to be able to get advice at any time. Keep resting and drinking fluids. Hope you feel better soon x

elizabethalice
04-01-21, 17:49
It took me 3 months to shake the damn virus off but Im sure thats unusual most people is up to one month

Sorry to hear that - are you fully recovered now?

elizabethalice
04-01-21, 17:52
I’m sorry to hear that your boyfriend has still got a fever. My MIL also has fever that comes and goes and the medical advice was to be really consistent with the paracetamol, every 4 hours. The 111 are really good, and it is such a relief to be able to get advice at any time. Keep resting and drinking fluids. Hope you feel better soon x

Yeah were keeping up with the paracetamol and it's going down so that's good :) his coughing seems ever so slightly better today! Fingers crossed!

Yes it's great to have the 111 service, they were very reassuring!

Thanks, hope you feel better too. I'm ok apart from the fatigue, but I know that's a normal part of recovering from this. Just need to adapt around it!

flappergirl
04-01-21, 20:53
Yeah were keeping up with the paracetamol and it's going down so that's good :) his coughing seems ever so slightly better today! Fingers crossed!

Yes it's great to have the 111 service, they were very reassuring!

Thanks, hope you feel better too. I'm ok apart from the fatigue, but I know that's a normal part of recovering from this. Just need to adapt around it!

Glad the temperature is coming down and cough improving. Things going in the right direction :)

I am feeling tired now which I haven’t done since it all began. My hubby has come out of bed the last two days and I think my body has finally said I can rest a bit more after being on mum-mode!

elizabethalice
04-01-21, 21:32
I've been feeling more tired the last two days too, I think it's just the knock on effects of the virus. We need to rest to let us recover 😊 glad to hear your husband is out of bed, that's great news!

elizabethalice
05-01-21, 09:31
Day 8 for me, day 10 for my boyfriend. 14 days from exposure.

My boyfriends fever is better today, about 2 hours after taking paracetamol it was 37.6 so not classed as a temperature. He's still coughing a lot and its wearing him out, poor guy, but he feels less feverish. So hopefully the virus is beginning to make it's way out now. As long as it's going in the right direction, even if it's only a tiny step each day.

I have a headache (I get them a lot though so might not be covid related) and some congestion in my nose and a dry throat. Manageable stuff, nothing too worrisome. Hoping to get some energy to clean a little today!

I was wondering if anyone reading this who has had the virus can tell me if/ when they eventually tested negative? I know leanderson said about a month, is that the general consensus? I'm not sure whether to test again at any point.

I can leave isolation on Friday technically but the only thing I really need to do is take the bins out (I live in a flat so they're communal!) And it would be nice to get a little fresh air. Still planning on getting food deliveries for a few weeks to be safe.

flappergirl
05-01-21, 12:05
Day 8 for me, day 10 for my boyfriend. 14 days from exposure.

My boyfriends fever is better today, about 2 hours after taking paracetamol it was 37.6 so not classed as a temperature. He's still coughing a lot and its wearing him out, poor guy, but he feels less feverish. So hopefully the virus is beginning to make it's way out now. As long as it's going in the right direction, even if it's only a tiny step each day.

I have a headache (I get them a lot though so might not be covid related) and some congestion in my nose and a dry throat. Manageable stuff, nothing too worrisome. Hoping to get some energy to clean a little today!

I was wondering if anyone reading this who has had the virus can tell me if/ when they eventually tested negative? I know leanderson said about a month, is that the general consensus? I'm not sure whether to test again at any point.

I can leave isolation on Friday technically but the only thing I really need to do is take the bins out (I live in a flat so they're communal!) And it would be nice to get a little fresh air. Still planning on getting food deliveries for a few weeks to be safe.

Glad that you are both feeling better. Hubby is on day 11 today and technically last day of isolation. He is feeling better but tired and coughing. I am day 9 now. I am feeling ok, less head pressure today but feeling low on energy and lots of anxiety. People that I know have had it had reported that they were really tired and even brushing teeth was a strain. I can manage that at least! MIL feels rough today but I am hoping now that she and all of us are past the worst. Every day is a mental rollercoaster 😩. Hope everyone else is on the mend xx

Squishchips
05-01-21, 13:26
Glad that you are both feeling better. Hubby is on day 11 today and technically last day of isolation. He is feeling better but tired and coughing. I am day 9 now. I am feeling ok, less head pressure today but feeling low on energy and lots of anxiety. People that I know have had it had reported that they were really tired and even brushing teeth was a strain. I can manage that at least! MIL feels rough today but I am hoping now that she and all of us are past the worst. Every day is a mental rollercoaster . Hope everyone else is on the mend xx

That's good - hopefully each day will make symptoms less and less especially for your husband and MIL.

I have more head pressure today - making me feel horrible. Not sure what's panic and what's anything else though. You're so right, each day really is a rollercoaster - it's exhausting. I keep thinking one more day and less panic and then the next day comes

I think we all just need to rest and try and keep as calm as we can xx

elizabethalice
05-01-21, 17:30
Glad that you are both feeling better. Hubby is on day 11 today and technically last day of isolation. He is feeling better but tired and coughing. I am day 9 now. I am feeling ok, less head pressure today but feeling low on energy and lots of anxiety. People that I know have had it had reported that they were really tired and even brushing teeth was a strain. I can manage that at least! MIL feels rough today but I am hoping now that she and all of us are past the worst. Every day is a mental rollercoaster 😩. Hope everyone else is on the mend xx

Glad your husband is feeling better. I think he had quite similar symptoms to my boyfriend so its comforting to know. He is on day 9 now. Unfortunately his fever did go up again this afternoon but decreased with paracetamol. I hope we can get it properly under control soon.

I know what you mean about the mental rollercoaster, today has been tough. I don't feel covidy but I feel just wrecked from the mental battle of it all, trying to stay strong for my boyfriend but it's so difficult :(

But not long until we are out of the danger zone. My boyfriend needs to be fever free for 48 hours before he can leave quarantine, but hopefully he will be soon. We aren't planning on going anywhere, but it'll be a huge weight off my shoulders when he is!

Good news is his cough is improving. He hasn't had nearly as many coughing fits today and they haven't been productive, so that's hopeful and indicates that he doesn't have a chest infection (advice from the doctor).

elizabethalice
06-01-21, 12:29
Day 10 of symptoms for my boyfriend, day 8 for me. 15 days since exposure.

Woke up feeling pretty bad and panicking because we both had a higher temperature! However we then realised that we'd left the heating on (which we never normally do, we live in a new build flat which gets very very hot) and after taking some paracetamol and cooling the flat down we were both normal temp wise.

Other than that, I think we are turning a corner. My boyfriend could taste his yogurt, and hes definitely coughing less. We also managed to have a conversation for an hour or so, which he just wouldn't have had the energy for earlier in the week.

I felt quite a bit more energised and even managed to cook some lunch. Getting a bit more tired now, but that's fine. Still nasaly/ throaty and coughing occasionally, but nothing to worry about.

If we continue to see improvements, we may have turned a corner!

flappergirl
06-01-21, 12:47
Day 10 of symptoms for my boyfriend, day 8 for me. 15 days since exposure.

Woke up feeling pretty bad and panicking because we both had a higher temperature! However we then realised that we'd left the heating on (which we never normally do, we live in a new build flat which gets very very hot) and after taking some paracetamol and cooling the flat down we were both normal temp wise.

Other than that, I think we are turning a corner. My boyfriend could taste his yogurt, and hes definitely coughing less. We also managed to have a conversation for an hour or so, which he just wouldn't have had the energy for earlier in the week.

I felt quite a bit more energised and even managed to cook some lunch. Getting a bit more tired now, but that's fine. Still nasaly/ throaty and coughing occasionally, but nothing to worry about.

If we continue to see improvements, we may have turned a corner!

Glad to hear you’re feeling a bit better! I had a slight temp yesterday after feeling drained and I think I was trying to do too much as well as being in a hot room with too many covers! Hubby, MIL and I are feeling better. Hubby on day 12, MIL day and 11 and I am on day 10.

Had a massive anxiety spiral yesterday and spoke to GP about symptoms. Reassured me that all seems in order, and to keep resting, taking paracetamol. She recommended monitoring blood oxygen but assured me that my levels were fine. She said that usually by 10 days people will be improving, and so to reach 10 days and feeling better is a good sign. However the 10 days isolation does not mean that after 10 days you should be 100%....just that you have shed enough virus not to be contagious to others. More time to get better after then 10 days is usual.

Hubby is officially out of isolation but he’s not going anywhere as he feels too weak yet. Hope everyone is feeling better and more reassured as the days go by xx

NancyW
07-01-21, 01:48
So true, I was no where ready to get back to work and my normal day at 10 days.

Thanksgiving was day 16 for me, I cooked all day, doled food out to my kids we had no party. The next day I was completely exhausted, felt like I took a huge step backward.

It definitely takes it's time, all 3 of us had the same, we would think we felt better and then feel like crap again. My husband said it well, "it just doesn't want to let go"

elizabethalice
07-01-21, 11:58
Day 16 from exposure, day 11 of symptoms for my boyfriend, day 9 for me.

I feel ok this morning - was very very fatigued last night but slept it off and a little better now. Still throaty and congested but nothing too bad.

Boyfriends temperature has gone down, his cough is improving and while he's still in bed for most of the day, he's more and more able to have conversations and watch stuff on Netflix. This is all promising.

I did have a bit of a blip an hour or so ago where I obsessively started checking his blood oxygen, it went from 89 to 96 in the space of a minute - however I don't think he was holding it properly and was moving around too much. He's said he wouldn't be feeling better if he was about to deteriorate, and that he doesn't have any of the symptoms that the doctor said to call him back for so I need to chill. That all makes sense, and I know self testing is a slippery slope. Other than that he is improving so I need to focus on that.

elizabethalice
07-01-21, 12:01
Glad to hear you’re feeling a bit better! I had a slight temp yesterday after feeling drained and I think I was trying to do too much as well as being in a hot room with too many covers! Hubby, MIL and I are feeling better. Hubby on day 12, MIL day and 11 and I am on day 10.

Had a massive anxiety spiral yesterday and spoke to GP about symptoms. Reassured me that all seems in order, and to keep resting, taking paracetamol. She recommended monitoring blood oxygen but assured me that my levels were fine. She said that usually by 10 days people will be improving, and so to reach 10 days and feeling better is a good sign. However the 10 days isolation does not mean that after 10 days you should be 100%....just that you have shed enough virus not to be contagious to others. More time to get better after then 10 days is usual.

Hubby is officially out of isolation but he’s not going anywhere as he feels too weak yet. Hope everyone is feeling better and more reassured as the days go by xx

Yeah a lot can affect our temperatures! He doesn't have one today which is promising.

Glad that the doctor was reassuring and that all sounds very positive. I had a spiral last night and was about to ring 111 but I ended up falling asleep and feel better this morning. The anxiety is definitely half the battle.

Very positive that we're all improving at around 10 days :) glad your husband has got there, is he out of bed now? And how is your MIL? Xx

flappergirl
07-01-21, 14:55
Yeah a lot can affect our temperatures! He doesn't have one today which is promising.

Glad that the doctor was reassuring and that all sounds very positive. I had a spiral last night and was about to ring 111 but I ended up falling asleep and feel better this morning. The anxiety is definitely half the battle.

Very positive that we're all improving at around 10 days :) glad your husband has got there, is he out of bed now? And how is your MIL? Xx

Glad that you are feeling better elizabethalice. :)

Hubby (day13) is out of bed but yesterday he had a temp again and also really lethargic. Another call to 111, who have asked that gp monitor him due to risk factors and that he had a low blood pressure. Today temp and sats normal for all. His blood pressure is still on the low side but he is trying to eat and drink more to boost it, and stay vertical to clear headache congestion. MIL (day12) also feels like she has turned a corner, which is a huge relief. Tomorrow she is 84 so it’s a good birthday present! I have a lot of head pressure and congestion so I am wearing Olbas oil like perfume to clear sinuses. I’m at day 11 and while I’m weary, I can feel a definite improvement.

Positive vibes and hugs to all x

elizabethalice
08-01-21, 18:43
Day 10 of symptoms for me, day 12 for my boyfriend.

A bit of a mixed bag today. We are definitely both making improvements, my boyfriend is coughing a lot less and his fever is down. I am ok other than sore throat, slight cough and fatigue waves. But it all gets a bit much mentally sometimes.

Got a call from NHS 111 today saying I can resume normal activities tomorrow - definitely wont be able to, but I am going to take the bins out (masked and at a quiet time, we live in a flat and have a communal bin room so couldn't do it while isolating).

I know it takes a while to heal, and this will take time. But I'm missing even normal lockdown life and having the energy to work and go for a walk. I'm sure we'll get there and at this stage, hopefully we are past the point of any deterioration.

elizabethalice
08-01-21, 18:45
Glad that you are feeling better elizabethalice. :)

Hubby (day13) is out of bed but yesterday he had a temp again and also really lethargic. Another call to 111, who have asked that gp monitor him due to risk factors and that he had a low blood pressure. Today temp and sats normal for all. His blood pressure is still on the low side but he is trying to eat and drink more to boost it, and stay vertical to clear headache congestion. MIL (day12) also feels like she has turned a corner, which is a huge relief. Tomorrow she is 84 so it’s a good birthday present! I have a lot of head pressure and congestion so I am wearing Olbas oil like perfume to clear sinuses. I’m at day 11 and while I’m weary, I can feel a definite improvement.

Positive vibes and hugs to all x

Glad you're all ok. How is your husband and his blood pressure today? Make sure he takes it easy. Happy birthday to your MIL, that's fantastic given her age! I know what you mean, I am dousing tiger balm on constantly. Are you out of isolation now?

flappergirl
08-01-21, 22:23
Glad you're all ok. How is your husband and his blood pressure today? Make sure he takes it easy. Happy birthday to your MIL, that's fantastic given her age! I know what you mean, I am dousing tiger balm on constantly. Are you out of isolation now?

I am out of isolation but have not been out, worried I am contagious still! I feel a little bit more energetic, and have done little chores here and there, with rests in between. Hubby is taking it easy but he has been moving about more. GP said just to keep eating and drinking and wasn’t too worried about the BP fortunately. Have discovered that the ibruprofen helps the pressure headache a lot and that lemsips calm the congested feeling. It is much better around lunchtime after a morning of clicking and popping!

Glad to hear that you are both feeling better, it’s such a relief to be past the end of isolation mark. Mentally it is draining still for me too, I wake up every day at 6am in a panic, and have anxiety on and off during the day. Hoping it settles as time goes on xx

elizabethalice
09-01-21, 21:43
I am out of isolation but have not been out, worried I am contagious still! I feel a little bit more energetic, and have done little chores here and there, with rests in between. Hubby is taking it easy but he has been moving about more. GP said just to keep eating and drinking and wasn’t too worried about the BP fortunately. Have discovered that the ibruprofen helps the pressure headache a lot and that lemsips calm the congested feeling. It is much better around lunchtime after a morning of clicking and popping!

Glad to hear that you are both feeling better, it’s such a relief to be past the end of isolation mark. Mentally it is draining still for me too, I wake up every day at 6am in a panic, and have anxiety on and off during the day. Hoping it settles as time goes on xx

Glad you're feeling a bit better. It definitely takes its time and is wildly different for everybody. But good to know you've all turned a corner. Glad the GP wasn't worried too, that's great! I'll update our symptoms below. But yes I am struggling a lot mentally still, despite seeing improvements. I'm not so worried about myself but more so for my boyfriend, worrying for him that he wont get back to normal. But I know this is anxiety and it is irrational, he's 30 and healthy so the stats are heavily in his favour that he will shake this off. Hopefully the anxiety will lessen as the days go on. Xx

elizabethalice
09-01-21, 21:49
Day 11 of symptoms for me, day 13 for my boyfriend.

Seeing small improvements, but it is a slow road. I am out of isolation so I took the bins out haha - the small things! Won't be going anywhere else as I don't want to risk still being contagious but that was a necessity (masked up, avoided people and doused myself in sanitizer before doing so).

Also managed to cook a proper dinner and do laundry. So I am definitely improving and able to do more. My throat symptoms seem a little better too - it feels less inflamed.

My boyfriend has spent the whole day sitting up in bed watching movies, which is promising - 5 days ago he was just sleeping all day. He coughs very rarely now. I do worry about his breathing but I think that's more my anxiety over analysing things (it's fine when he's resting and its improving when he walks around, which the doctor said was ok as long as it doesn't worsen).

So I think we're on the mend. It's a long, slow road but we'll get there.

Hope everyones ok

elizabethalice
13-01-21, 18:12
Haven't updated this thread in a while! I'll keep updating it every so often until we are fully better, because it was so helpful to me to read other peoples success stories.

So we're on day 14 (me) and day 16 (my boyfriend) of symptoms now. Something like 22 days from exposure.

I'm basically back to normal. I get tired more easily than normal, but did manage a few hours work today as well as cleaning the flat - who knew being ill could be so messy?

My boyfriend is also improving, just at a slower pace. He doesn't really have symptoms now (no cough, no fever, taste has come back), but he is still very tired. He gets short of breath sometimes when he moves around, but that is definitely improving. We're hoping next week we'll be able to do a short walk outside!

So yes, both on the mend. It takes a while with this virus, but here's hoping we'll be back to normal fairly soon.

I will update again in a few days!

Hope everyones ok.

flappergirl
13-01-21, 23:38
Haven't updated this thread in a while! I'll keep updating it every so often until we are fully better, because it was so helpful to me to read other peoples success stories.

So we're on day 14 (me) and day 16 (my boyfriend) of symptoms now. Something like 22 days from exposure.

I'm basically back to normal. I get tired more easily than normal, but did manage a few hours work today as well as cleaning the flat - who knew being ill could be so messy?

My boyfriend is also improving, just at a slower pace. He doesn't really have symptoms now (no cough, no fever, taste has come back), but he is still very tired. He gets short of breath sometimes when he moves around, but that is definitely improving. We're hoping next week we'll be able to do a short walk outside!

So yes, both on the mend. It takes a while with this virus, but here's hoping we'll be back to normal fairly soon.

I will update again in a few days!

Hope everyones ok.

Good to hear you are doing well. We are definitely feeling more normal although we both get hit by sudden waves of fatigue/tiredness during the day. I have returned to working from home since Monday and home schooling the kids, although I am not up to full energy. There is a degree of supervising from the sofa, kids bed etc! I am at day 16. Hubby hasn’t been back to work yet but he is hoping to early next week. He is day 18.
My MIL is getting there but is very weak. She is at day 17. It will take time and patience, especially given her age. We all feel lucky to be at this point now, especially seeing the numbers in the media. I don’t know if it’s my imagination/anxiety but the media seem to be focusing a lot on long COVID. I wonder if it is a way of trying to get the message to people to stay home.

Stay safe and positive vibes to all x

fizzymoon86
14-01-21, 21:42
I’m currently freaking out because my fiancé has tested positive for covid!

We’re not sure what day we’re on because he’s not sure when his symptoms started as they’ve been so mild. He thinks maybe Sunday which puts him on day 5? All he says is he feels like he’s got a head cold but he built a shed on Sunday afternoon and went to work Monday and Tuesday because he wasn’t feeling bad at all and it was only when he said yesterday that his coffee tasted funny that I booked him a test. We were completely shocked that it came back positive.

I’m now incredibly anxious because I’ve felt a bit rough for a few days like I’m getting a head cold so it’s clear I’ve got it now too and our 6 month old baby has had a mild cough for the last 2 days as well. None of us have a fever and I’m checking multiple times a day now and giving our baby calpol as a preventative measure but I can’t stop the anxiety and worrying that it’s going to get so much worse for all of us! 😭

NancyW
15-01-21, 01:52
I can’t stop the anxiety and worrying that it’s going to get so much worse for all of us! 😭

I've said for awhile now for many of us the anxiety is the worst part.

Will you get tested? For me, I needed to know one way or the other.

It could very well be all you get, crazy that it's got us all counting the days.

Keep in touch, there's a lot of support here to help get you through the days.

leanderson2012
15-01-21, 04:50

We’re not sure what day we’re on because he’s not sure when his symptoms started as they’ve been so mild. He thinks maybe Sunday which puts him on day 5? All he says is he feels like he’s got a head cold but he built a shed on Sunday afternoon and went to work Monday and Tuesday because he wasn’t feeling bad at all and it was only when he said yesterday that his coffee tasted funny that I booked him a test. We were completely shocked that it came back positive.

I’m now incredibly anxious because I’ve felt a bit rough for a few days like I’m getting a head cold so it’s clear I’ve got it now too and our 6 month old baby has had a mild cough for the last 2 days as well. None of us have a fever and I’m checking multiple times a day now and giving our baby calpol as a preventative measure but I can’t stop the anxiety and worrying that it’s going to get so much worse for all of us! 😭

So sorry you're needing to go through this. If it helps at all, when I had COVID, it started like a head cold and the worst it got was like a bad head cold. Physically the worst symptom for me was fatigue and weakness. Definitely not the sickest I've ever felt. Easily the worst part was the anxiety and waiting to see what happens. There are a lot of scary stories, but there are more stories just like mine and what you'll see from others on this thread. Not a fun week or two, but manageable and something you WILL get through :hugs:

flappergirl
15-01-21, 07:50

I know it’s a worrying time but it sounds like your fiancé has a mild case and your symptoms are also mild. My symptoms were mostly like a head cold. I wouldn’t have got tested initially, until my husband tested positive along with other family members. By that time I think I was about day 5. I would suggest getting a test to be sure. Stock up on paracetamol, have some ibruprofen also on standby. Good idea to check temp but try not to overdo it. It might be an idea to get a pulse oximeter for reassurance. Recheck any odd readings. My hubby had a low one at one point but it seemed that it was the finger we used it on! Keep resting when you need to. Sounds like you are young and fit, so I’m sure you’ll be fine.

It’s really hard but try not to let anxiety overtake you. Don’t watch or read the news, distract yourself with other things. Message supportive friends and family if you are feeling low. This forum and the success stories/shared experiences helped me a lot to keep things in check.

Wishing you better soon x

elizabethalice
15-01-21, 21:57

Hello, sorry to hear you've tested positive but please don't worry, most cases are mild. Your symptoms sound similar to what mine were like - I was a bit fluey earlier on but that only lasted 2 days. My isolation finished last Saturday and I've improved a lot in the last week, I'm just a bit more tired than usual now.

My boyfriend seemed a lot worse than me from the start (high fever and bad cough) and we did end up calling 111 for him, but the doctor really wasn't worried and was very reassuring. My boyfriend has now nearly recovered (tested positive 29th December) and is planning on starting work again on Monday.

From what you've said, it sounds like your case is milder than mine - all I needed to do was rest for a week or so and then I was able to start doing some daily tasks. Try not to get too anxious, the huge majority of cases are mild. Order some vitamins online if you can, stay hydrated, and try to keep eating if you can. Let us know how you are getting on, here if you need to talk about it :)

Siffi
24-01-21, 21:56
I tested positive, only had mild symptoms; stuffed up hearing, nose stuffed up, dry cough/throat (felt like the back of my throat was a desert), weakness, lost my taste/smell for a few days. My family was the same ; stuffed up, sniffles, achy etc.
My isolation time ended yesterday, feeling a lot better, symptoms now gone. It's just the anxiety and depression from being in the house for too long that's worse and having to deal with a bad housemate. I had huge sensory overload when I first went outside; cars were loud, lights were blinding.

RossisMum
31-01-21, 20:43
Just wanted to come on here to thank every single person who had shared their stories and gave me reassurance during my recent covid illness. I tested positive a few weeks ago and had the fever, fatigue, cough and loss of smell. My illness only lasted about 6 days and my sense of smell returned a week later.

Not knowing anyone who had been through this (my family we’re all largely asymptomatic), it was incredibly comforting to read real stories on here and not get wrapped up in the horror stories in the media. This message board definitely kept me away from an anxiety spiral. I’m now back to full health and am staying safe but basking in my new covid antibodies. 😊 thanks again everyone. Stay safe.

pulisa
31-01-21, 21:09
Great news that you're through Covid and out the other side, RossisMum! Enjoy your antibodies and look after yourself and your family!
What a lovely post too!

elizabethalice
04-02-21, 08:44
A month on and me and my boyfriend are nearly back to normal. Both able to do 10000 steps in a day without too much fatigue now as well as work all day. We both still aren't up for doing any high intensity exercise yet but we have faith that it will get there! I am still experiencing some chest tightness a month on, but everything I've read said that's normal and my case doesn't sound serious (not getting in the way of my daily activities). Theres also a high chance that my chest tightness could be anxiety as I've still been worrying about other little (non covid) things.

But generally, feeling good, much more energised, and more like ourselves again! :)

leanderson2012
27-02-21, 18:58
I'm so happy to revisit this thread and see so many stories of people recovering, as well as so many wonderful messages of support and comfort during the undeniably and understandably very scary time of covid. I hope this continues to help others know that it is not a death sentence, and that you can and will be okay.

If you had covid and are struggling with post-viral symptoms, keep pushing, you WILL feel better. I had extreme fatigue for about 4 months afterwards, as well as some lingering emotional distress and anxiety. It was probably one of the harder times of my life, but I was able to get through it, and you will too if you are struggling! 4 months from first feeling symptoms, I now feel totally back to normal. I'm able to work out again, my strength is coming back, my sleep is better, and most importantly, my mental health is improving. Things will be okay for you :hugs:

NancyW
27-02-21, 19:24
It's a journey isn't it? Glad to hear you are well, this thread has been so helpful to me.

The combination of covid and HA is quite something.

pulisa
27-02-21, 19:30
I'm so happy to revisit this thread and see so many stories of people recovering, as well as so many wonderful messages of support and comfort during the undeniably and understandably very scary time of covid. I hope this continues to help others know that it is not a death sentence, and that you can and will be okay.

If you had covid and are struggling with post-viral symptoms, keep pushing, you WILL feel better. I had extreme fatigue for about 4 months afterwards, as well as some lingering emotional distress and anxiety. It was probably one of the harder times of my life, but I was able to get through it, and you will too if you are struggling! 4 months from first feeling symptoms, I now feel totally back to normal. I'm able to work out again, my strength is coming back, my sleep is better, and most importantly, my mental health is improving. Things will be okay for you :hugs:

It's really good of you to come back to update and encourage us and I'm very pleased that you feel as if you're back to normal now after what must have been 4 very harrowing months. I hope I have your attitude and mental strength if I get Covid but I suspect I won't!

leanderson2012
28-02-21, 17:16
It's really good of you to come back to update and encourage us and I'm very pleased that you feel as if you're back to normal now after what must have been 4 very harrowing months. I hope I have your attitude and mental strength if I get Covid but I suspect I won't!

You would though! (although I hope you never have the find out :)) I can't stress enough how certain I was that I would not make it through Covid if I got it (both mentally and in terms of surviving lol) I had the worst case scenario so clear in my head, and I was sure I wouldn't be able to cope with it if it came to pass. But we're all so much stronger in real life than we are in our heads, aren't we? I can't help but laugh about some of the anxieties I was having before the pandemic started. I keep saying to my past self, "Girl you have NO idea what's coming your way" lol. If I had told myself a year ago that there would be a global pandemic, and everything would shut down, and that I would catch the virus, I would have just given up and laid down right then and there because I would have been certain there's no way I could handle all of that. I'm sure a lot of you feel the same as well. But look at us! About a year in, and we are all still here. Pat yourselves on the back and be proud of your resilience. We're all so much stronger than we give ourselves credit for.

pulisa
28-02-21, 17:51
I think your experience proves that fear of something can in fact be far worse than the reality of the feared situation. There is no choice other than to face those fears head on.

You should be very proud of yourself for your resilience and for taking the time to help others in distress because so many people don't.

Thank you for your very welcome posts and advice on how to cope with Covid despite your own very understandable anxiety.

mez
01-03-21, 07:27
Hello, I'm a long, long, long time lurker on these boards!
I've generally kept my health anxiety under wraps for the whole of the pandemic...but now I have tested positive (bit late to the party hey 😅) and I am petrified. I'm hardly sleeping and googling a LOT which doesn't help the awful headache. So far my husband has been the worst affected (he seems to have brought it home from the plane after travelling home from work on the 19th) and has the general flu-like symptoms which seem better one minute, then floor him the next, but then I'm a few days behind him.
I started with a very unusual headache on Friday, and had a cough on Saturday so thought I'd better test as he had already had his positive at this point. I got the call yesterday morning and the lady was like 'well you might feel fine now, but as we know with this virus things can change very, very quickly and you can deteriorate fast' well THANKS. So now I'm lay here just waiting to feel awful and it's the worst feeling. I can't cope with it. I know I have no existing conditions that I know of, and I'm 34, so in theory, not 'at risk', but then my mind keeps going back to all the articles I've read of 30 somethings who have died/been hospitalised etc. My husband is 34 too and he's not very well.
I'm sorry for venting, I'n just looking for some reassurance and needed a place to post where people understand the anxiety aspect of what I'm feeling 😣

pulisa
01-03-21, 08:15
Hello mez and I'm so sorry that you are in the grips of Covid fear. We all understand the awful anxiety and it's quite understandable because no one can give you a definitive guide as to how it will affect you symptom-wise so you are just at the mercy of the watch and wait vigil..which must be torment and worse than the symptoms themselves.

This thread has got such a lot of useful information on it from people who have had Covid and have come out the other side magnificently. Have a good read through it because managing the anxiety is as important as managing the illness..maybe even more important for a young healthy person such as yourself.

I haven't had Covid yet so I'm not the best person to help you but I am a veteran at managing anxiety and am a carer for my adult children so I'd say it's really important to look after yourself and stay away from sites such as Digital Spy who will scaremonger and frighten and to limit your access to the news and to statistics in general. The only people who matter are the two of you. I'd try to distract yourself as much as you can if you feel up to it but rest if you don't and sleep if you can. This virus saps your strength so don't try to beat it by pushing on through..

Please keep posting because you will get replies which are based on experience of Covid and I can't give you that..yet..but just wanted to offer support x

mez
01-03-21, 11:49
Thankyou pulisa. I've read through a lot this thread- not all of it yet, does it make sense that I'm keeping a few pages to read later if I'm feeling anxious again?! I'm a terrible googler of things, and I often find the no more panic forum as a bit of an antidote to the horror stories I otherwise find myself reading online.
I'm going to try my very best to not google anything today, and try and rest as much as is possible with a 5 year old! My husband seems brighter today so far, I've been letting him have our bed since Wednesday as he's been the most unwell, while I've been sleeping on a put up bed or the sofa, so tonight I'm going to move to the bed in the hopes that I get a few more hours of sleep.
Most of my anxiety can be traced back to fearing the unknown and being out of control- both things are pretty standard with Covid I think aren't they.
I just hope nothing worse comes along :(

pulisa
01-03-21, 13:54
You're doing all the right things,Mez. Look after yourself and make sure you go back to your proper bed tonight! With a 5 year old to entertain you need as much sleep as possible!

Keep off google and you'll be doing yourself a huge favour. Take it an hour at a time and don't get ahead of yourself re "inevitable" symptom progression.

Just deal with what you've got at present and don't think about "anything worse" which will only feed into your anxiety and sap your strength.

mez
03-03-21, 00:30
Thanks again Pulisa.
Just incase anyone comes across this thread I thought I'd share updates as I go... It feels like the media are all saying how much the pandemic is winding down, it sometimes feels like we're the only family with it at the monent 😂
I'm on day 5/6 and the headache has let up a bit. I've not been too bad today, appart from tired and my chest feels a bit tighter and heavier. It's not something that lends itself to panic though, so a lot of it was probably down to that. I'm still worrying about deteriorating as you read in the news etc, so trying not to count my chickens before they hatch so to speak.
My husband is on day 7/8 and appart from a bit of a head cold and productive cough, seems much better. A world away from 2 or 3 days ago anyway. He completely lost his sense of smell and taste yesterday though and for someone who really enjoys food (and smelling his own farts...honestly) it's annoying him!
Thankfully our daughter hasn't shown any symptoms yet. I've been worried as it's impossible to keep distanced.
Anyway, I'll probably post another update soon.

leanderson2012
03-03-21, 01:27
Keep pushing through, I’m confident you both will be okay. Losing the sense of taste was not fun, but it only lasted about a week for me. I hope it’s similarly short for your husband as well. It’s very, very possible this is just going to be like a head cold with a few new things you haven’t experienced before (ie, loss of smell and taste). You’re already progressing nicely, and soon you’ll be able to bask in your glorious Antibodies! Rest up and hydrate, and try to eat even if you lose your appetite. You’ll get through this!

pulisa
03-03-21, 07:49
I know there's already "Vaccine Envy" but I suspect that there will soon be "Antibodies Envy" so you must enjoy yours and look on them as one "bonus" from contracting Covid !

Look after yourself, mez ..Every day is a day towards getting better and ditching Covid. Spring is on the way and there are better times ahead!

elizabethalice
14-03-21, 08:41
Hello, sorry I haven't posted here in a while but I hope this helps anyone dealing with covid!

I've been back to normal completely since about 20th February - 2 months after exposure to covid. However, I was able to do all my daily activities including work and a bit of walking after about 20th January.

I had some chest tightness and pain that gave me a lot of anxiety, but I had some tests done and the doctor said it was just inflammation of my chest muscles which is the most common reason for chest pain post-covid. It settled on its own.

Other than that, it just took a while for the fatigue to come back. Now I'm able to hike up hills at the same pace as I was doing before I got covid 😊 my boyfriend, who had a much worse case of covid than me actually recovered quicker than I did!

So I hope that is some help to people who test positive in the future. You'll be ok 💫

ka123
24-04-21, 12:29
Hello,
I tested positive for covid on Thursday, symptoms started on Tuesday so I’m on day 5 right now. I am so scared still. I feel like I’m hyper-focusing on everything and I know that’s making me feel worse. So far symptoms have been mild or improving since Tuesday, but I’m still waiting for the peak. My doctor said everyone is different, but day 5-7 are usually the worst. Some reassurance would be appreciated

Petit.beignet
04-05-21, 17:16
Hello,

I know this forum is older but it's done loads in helping calm my anxiety. I'm 28, had childhood asthma, and I tested positive on April 28th but had symptoms since the 26th. I have had the worst breathing anxiety the past two days but things seem to be getting better; I am on day 9 and buying a pulse oximeter has tremendously helped me recognize when I am being a worry wart—not that our worries are invalid. All I know is that this sickness is so sh*tty for people with health anxiety lol I completely agree with former posts: the anxiety is worse than the illness LOL! I am having a bit of a rough day if anyone is on to chat. Also, this is my first time posting on here but I've been a health anxiety lurker here for ages. Thanks!

leanderson2012
04-05-21, 18:44
@petit.beignet I still have asthma, and made it through just fine. You're on Day 9 and are getting closer and closer to being able to leave quarantine! Around Day 9 was the worst mentally for me too; being stuck inside with just your thoughts and the worst case scenarios running through your head for 9 days is brutal. I would suggest starting a fun and easy show or book to read. Do you have Netflix? I watched Enola Holmes when I was quarantined, and it was the cute and fun distraction my mind needed.

I can also tell you this-after covid and dealing with some post viral symptoms, I feel as if I have a much stronger hold over my anxiety, specifically my health anxiety. It served as great exposure therapy to get a virus that's caused a global pandemic lol. Of course everyone is different and you shouldn't put pressure on yourself to grow from this, but I do think you're going to come out of this stronger. If you can today, try to think about where you'll be 5 days from now, when you're on Day 14 and can leave quarantine and can safely say that you are no longer in danger with this virus. Think about being in the position of others on this board, where we can tell someone "I've been there! It was scary, but I made it!" You're going to be able to do just that in just a few days time :hugs:

GadGirl
09-06-21, 16:32
Just found out I am positive today. Anxiety is through the roof started feeling a bit out of sorts on Sunday, felt awful yesterday and today is the same. I feel like it’s a sinus infection my nose is bunged up but I am getting snot, jaw, face and head hurt from the pressure. Temp of 37.6 15 mins ago this has increased since this morning. And throat feels like sand paper. I have had one hour of sleep and haven’t been able to eat anything except drink water and suck on ice cubes. I am so terrified right now. I worry that I will die.

elizabethalice
09-06-21, 16:35
Just found out I am positive today. Anxiety is through the roof started feeling a bit out of sorts on Sunday, felt awful yesterday and today is the same. I feel like it’s a sinus infection my nose is bunged up but I am getting snot, jaw, face and head hurt from the pressure. Temp of 37.6 15 mins ago this has increased since this morning. And throat feels like sand paper. I have had one hour of sleep and haven’t been able to eat anything except drink water and suck on ice cubes. I am so terrified right now. I worry that I will die.

Hello, all your symptoms sound very normal. I had all the sinus stuff, a bit of a temperature and exhaustion too. Your temp isn't too high - my boyfriends got to nearly 40 and he was fine! Read through all the comments on here and see how we progressed and try not to worry - everyone who posted on here was fine and I'm sure you will be as well 😊

GadGirl
09-06-21, 16:40
Hi Elizabeth I am working my way through them all right now. Just trying to keep my anxiety at bay my papa passed away April last year from Covid so it’s given me a massive fear. As he seemed to be ok then took a bad turn on day 3 and died the next day so I’m absolutely terrified. Xxx

elizabethalice
09-06-21, 16:52
Hi Elizabeth I am working my way through them all right now. Just trying to keep my anxiety at bay my papa passed away April last year from Covid so it’s given me a massive fear. As he seemed to be ok then took a bad turn on day 3 and died the next day so I’m absolutely terrified. Xxx

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss 😣 that's devastating and I understand how triggering it must be for you. I'm so so sorry that it happened and it was incredibly unlucky but keep remembering the stats - the huge amount of people do survive this virus. 10 days of isolation feels very long at the start but you'll get through it and then it will be a distant memory. I would recommend just putting on some TV, something easy to watch, phone people, order some nice food in if you're up for it and just take it one day at a time. Write here whenever you need, I'll keep checking back. Also feel free to DM me if you need to.

GadGirl
09-06-21, 17:19
Yeah was horrendous however he was 89 and had been in a care home with advanced dementia for 10 years. Wasn’t in the best of health. My partner keeps telling me to try and distract myself. I have the thermometer constantly glued to me. And the pulse oxy as well oxygen levels are sitting 96-98 and heart rate is a bit high aswell 100 rest 120 when standing up but I’m sure that’s a mix of anxiety and because I am fighting a virus. I’m technically day 2-3 and it feels like a really bad sinus infection I’m not really coughing at all either so I’m praying that it will be very mild. Thank you so much :-) xxx

elizabethalice
09-06-21, 17:38
Yeah was horrendous however he was 89 and had been in a care home with advanced dementia for 10 years. Wasn’t in the best of health. My partner keeps telling me to try and distract myself. I have the thermometer constantly glued to me. And the pulse oxy as well oxygen levels are sitting 96-98 and heart rate is a bit high aswell 100 rest 120 when standing up but I’m sure that’s a mix of anxiety and because I am fighting a virus. I’m technically day 2-3 and it feels like a really bad sinus infection I’m not really coughing at all either so I’m praying that it will be very mild. Thank you so much :-) xxx

Ok, that's very very sad and I dont want to take away from that but it sounds like you are in much better health and equipped to fight it.

Oxygen levels sound good, mine were a bit over the place but above 96 the whole time. My HR was high too. Definitely raises naturally when you have covid and anxiety won't help!

It sounds like you'll still have mild symptoms. Many of us had sinus type illnesses too and its likely to just stay like that.

If you do get worried you can ring 111 (think that's the same for Scotland or the Scottish alternative). My boyfriend was more ill than me (and much more than it sounds like you are) and we rang 111 about his symptoms and the dr was very reassuring.

Keep us posted :)

.Poppy.
14-06-21, 16:22
I don't want to hijack this thread, so admin let me know if I'm doing anything wrong. But has anyone tested positive post-vaccination? I got my first Moderna shot in March and the second in April and went out on Saturday night with friends to a couple of restaurants (outside) but then a bar (inside). I haven't been doing anything for over a year, and certainly not anything without masks, so of course now I'm convinced that on my first go out I've caught it.

I am quite tired today and was all day yesterday, but that might be normal as I'm nearly 30 and had a really bad hangover that started on Saturday night pretty much right after we headed home. That's normal right?

I also have a bachlorette trip coming up at the beginning of July and I just know that's going to trigger me too. I have absolutely no idea how I'm ever going to transition back to real life. :wacko:

ErinKC
14-06-21, 17:37
I don't want to hijack this thread, so admin let me know if I'm doing anything wrong. But has anyone tested positive post-vaccination? I got my first Moderna shot in March and the second in April and went out on Saturday night with friends to a couple of restaurants (outside) but then a bar (inside). I haven't been doing anything for over a year, and certainly not anything without masks, so of course now I'm convinced that on my first go out I've caught it.

I am quite tired today and was all day yesterday, but that might be normal as I'm nearly 30 and had a really bad hangover that started on Saturday night pretty much right after we headed home. That's normal right?

I also have a bachlorette trip coming up at the beginning of July and I just know that's going to trigger me too. I have absolutely no idea how I'm ever going to transition back to real life. :wacko:

It's very unlikely you've caught it, especially since numbers are so low right now (where do you live?) I will say that I was pretty much at home since March 2020 and when I first started going out and doing things post-vaccine - even just going to the grocery store (I'd been doing curbside all this time) I was EXHAUSTED. Even just socializing is tiring. We went to a friend's house last week and sat outside talking for like 5 hours. I felt like I'd run a marathon. It's like going to the gym after a year away - your body and mind needs to readjust to a new level of activity.

It's hard to get used to being out and about again. Just take it slow. I started with going shopping on weekdays when it wouldn't be too crowded, then seeing people outside, and then yesterday we had our friends over inside the house. I still put my mask on inside busy stores, but have started to go to less crowded places without. We've all been traumatized - give yourself time! But, know that the chance of getting Covid is very, very low at this point.

.Poppy.
14-06-21, 20:11
Thank you! I'm in Manhattan, KS so not super large. We never had a super huge breakout and they've stopped reporting the numbers altogether so I guess that means it's not really prevalent here anymore?

It was definitely a lot to do, and with how hard the hangover hit me and so soon I suppose it's not surprising that I'm still wiped out today. It's hard to not worry, and it will be very hard to not worry when we do our girls' trip, but I guess we just do what we can. "Hard to not worry" is basically anxiety in a nutshell. :D

GadGirl
16-06-21, 22:01
Hello everyone,

Thank you for the reassurance and kind words when I was diagnosed with Covid nearly 2 weeks ago. Tomorrow will be day 10 and I am allowed to leave isolation. I have to admit other than feeling very tired and still coughing up quite a lot of phlegm I feel back to normal. The worst for me was the first 4-5 days. I am so grateful for the response and kindness from everyone in the thread.

I beat it! Thank you

Fishmanpa
16-06-21, 22:17
I beat it! Thank you

:yesyes:

Positive thoughts

elizabethalice
17-06-21, 07:44
So glad to hear that GadGirl! The cough is horrible isn't it, my boyfriends was coughing up lots of phlegm too. It's a good thing though as it keeps your airways clear! His started to improve after 2 weeks or so so hopefully yours will very soon :)