PDA

View Full Version : shock from phone charger

mocata
20-10-20, 21:44
hi there,
when i was out my phone ran out of battery whilst i was talking w my mom so i went back in a hurry and tried to charge it, i was in such a rush i guess and plugged it in at the mains before connecting it to the phone and my two fingers brushed the outlet for <1 second. sorry lol I know it's so dumb of me.

the outlet gives off about 5-7v which I heard is not a problem usually. there is no burn mark. the fingers felt a bit strange at the point of contact but i always lean on this hand when sitting, so not sure. was just wondering if such an incident can cause problems e.g. in the heart or brain. should I phone a doctor?

also our electricity certificate expired in may, could any problem with the electric supply influence the shock? i don't think there is, may is quite recent etc.

mocata
20-10-20, 22:44
i'm a hypochondriac and I feel 100% that it's not a big concern but I simply don't know for sure ): I googled a lot despite feeling ok

Fishmanpa
20-10-20, 23:16
I feel 100% that it's not a big concern

That says it all! Remember the days when you checked a 9 volt battery by touching it to your tongue? :winks:

Positive thoughts

NoraB
21-10-20, 01:17
i'm a hypochondriac and I feel 100% that it's not a big concern but I simply don't know for sure ):

I haven't felt this confused since they gave us 4 wheelie bins instead of 1. :unsure:

mocata
21-10-20, 14:48
I will forget, thank u for replies

AMomentofClarity
21-10-20, 22:24
That says it all! Remember the days when you checked a 9 volt battery by touching it to your tongue? :winks:

Positive thoughts

when I was a kid I got a train set for Christmas.....it quickly devolved into seeing which of us in a group of friends could hold their fingers on the electrified track section the longest.

ankietyjoe
22-10-20, 08:58
There is zero issue here.

Last year I was shocked by the 240v UK mains as I reached up to change a lightbulb that I didn't realise had shattered, and I'm still here. That was.....unpleasant.