PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else feel the same?

kate
28-10-07, 09:31
Towards the beginning of summer I was still seeing my counsellor and feeling so much better and more in control of my life.

We moved house in July, I was really looking forward to it. But, everything has gone downhill with me since then :lac:

We moved as I thought the area was going downhill, wasn't at all how it was when we first moved there. We have moved to a much nicer area, I feel totally safe here. There is plenty of countryside so I go for some lovely walks. BUT my anxiety is unreal.

I live closer to work now but, due to the traffic, it takes me longer to get there :mad: I get so on edge, slurping water and squirting Rescue Remedy. I'm a shaking wreck by the time I get there.

Work itself is lovely, I couldn't ask for a better job. But, it just doesn't pay enough so I'm having to look for another one, unfortunately.

We thought the garden was totally enclosed so that the cats couldn't get out the front. We live on a main road with fields over the road, the house is well set back. But, silly naive me didn't notice that if the cats go round next door they can get through to the front. Only one of the cats does this but he goes across the road to the bloody field and has nearly got knocked down on several occasions to my knowledge. I can't keep him in. He is 12 yrs old and has always been able to come and go as he chooses.

My son left school this year and is having a year out til Uni. He was working with my bro in law but, due to badly injuring his knee playing 5 a side, he had to give this up as it involved a lot of kneeling. He now sits around all day at home, hasn't even really tried to get another job.

He also finished with his girlfriend of nearly 3 years. I loved her, she was so nice and part of the family. I miss her sooo much.

I know the split was instigated by my son but he is being very secretive about the reasons. So, I don't feel I can contact her at all, it is so upsetting.

I've also got to take Hannah to the hospital on Wednesday for an assessment at the mental health unit as she is getting worse as well :ohmy:

I seem to have developed some all too time consuming checking actions as well. It is taking me ages to be able to leave the house in the mornings, and I need to leave at about 7.30am to get to work on time.

I just seem to be in an anxious state constantly. All the things I learnt from the counselling has flown out the window.

I wish constantly that I could turn back the clock and not move house. Looking back, I made out that we lived in a right hole of an area. But, it was just my anxiety that made me think it was so bad.

I'm also getting strange thoughts such as my kids aren't really mine, like I don't know them at all :ohmy: That I don't really live here and stuff like that.

I've been prescribed drugs but I haven't taken them. I'm not depressed just anxious and anti d's have never helped with the anxiety before.

Such a long post but does anyone else feel the same???

Kate

trac67
28-10-07, 09:38
Kate,

It could all just be due to the move, as they say moving is one of the most stressful things you can do, plus you are worrying about a lot of other things too, so this is all increasing your anxiety, and bringing on these thoughts.

Sorry I can't be of much help but just wanted to give you a :hugs: and say I hope things settle down for you very soon.

I hope things go well for Hannah with her appointment too.

Love

Trac xxxx

Pink Panic
28-10-07, 09:55
Hi Kate,

I know how you are feeling on this one. I moved in with my partner a couple of months ago and at some points my anxiety has been through the roof. I have been checking things too and was worried that I had OCD. I am having bouts of panic accompanied by crying episodes which really worry me. I have even self-harmed when one day it got so bad and I wanted a release!
Like you I moved to a better area and from a Council House into a large detached bungalow with everything new in it which I chose with my partner as he wanted it to feel like our home. He has spent thousands getting it right for me and I feel so bad that I can't just enjoy it and not be so consumed by my anxiety.
My Dad saw me in a right state yesterday and said that if he had what I had ... beautiful house, great relationship, no real money worries then he wouldn't be in a state and that made me feel worse.
Like Trace said, moving is one of the most stressful things and coupled with anxiety it makes it even worse. My Psychiatrist says I'm doing great and that everything will just settle down and not to be hard on myself but it's damn hard to cope with.

I guess we should just give it time hun, if you want to chat anytime give me a PM.

Love
Pink
x

Piglet
28-10-07, 11:14
It definately takes some months to feel properly settled in a new home etc - even my dad who is not an anxious person said the last move he did took him a year to feel right. So I think some of your present feelings are down to that.

Also hun we are at a funny age and time in our lives - our kids are getting older and more independent of us and if you were like me and totally put yourself into the kids then while having some new found freedom is nice it can also be bewildering too - no longer certain of what role we fill etc.

I look at myself at the mo and wonder quite where I see myself going - but then I think nah don't look too far ahead get back in the present day.

Anyway weren't us lot gonna go on a saga holiday soon - I've bought me handbag for slinging over me wrist and my hair is turning beautifully blue.

Love Piglet :flowers:

kate
28-10-07, 17:56
Thank you Trac, Pink and Piglet for your replies :hugs:

Pink, my dad also can't understand why I'm feeling like this. Everytime I see him he asks if I'm ok. I always say no not really. He tells me to live for the moment and enjoy life. He is concerned, I know, but he hasn't got a clue how I'm feeling. Nothing ever seems to get him down.

Piglet, yes I do wonder if the "funny age" has got anything to do with it. I seem to spend my whole time either panicking or crying or both :blush: I know it's getting my family down and it certainly can't be doing Hannah any good. They are all happy with life and I put such a downer on everything.

Kate

pips
28-10-07, 18:09
Sorry things are bad hun. I thought that by escaping Exeter and moving to Exmouth things would be great being by the Sea etc.. and don't get me wrong I really love it hear and touch wood we live in a great street. My anxiety is still pretty much in my face though and so is the worry my IBS etc etc... Unfortunately Its one of those things that seem to go with you what ever.:mad:

You are doing great though hun and I think you are coping really great with everything:yesyes: Things well get brighter again.

Stay Strong mate I'm always here if you need me:flowers:

Sending you Positive vibes and A GREAT BIG http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g296/edge06/comment/hg/hg085.gif

Take Care Hun,

Love & Wishes,:hugs:

Pip's X X X X

alexis
28-10-07, 18:35
Hi Kate, just sending you big hugs, maybe if you did something to personalise your house more, it would help, when I moved here almost 7 years ago, I was terribly unsettled, wondering what on earth Id done etc, although Id got my original furniture etc, (well half of it, other half wasted in storage floods)so I did simple things like paint the bathroom, buy new curtains,plant new plants in the garden, visited the auction,,,,,,,great fun!
Anyway, probably a silly reply but wanted send you hugs for a woman of a funny age from a woman of a funny age.xxxxxxxxxxx

kate
28-10-07, 19:01
Thanks Pips and Alexis for your replies :hugs:

Pips, I thought once I moved to a nicer area then all my worries would subside. Yes, I feel totally safe here, the neighbours are friendly etc but the worries at the old house have just been replaced with new ones plus some extras thrown in for good measure :lac: I feel like I can't quite grasp hold of reality at the moment.

Alexis, not a silly reply at all even for a woman of a funny age :winks: As this house is bigger than our last one, I've had to buy quite a lot of new furniture. I don't know if this is also adding to the not feeling like home feelings as it is all so different. As soon as we moved in I put a load of new plants in the back garden and tubs and a hanging basket out front.

Our front garden is actually bigger than our back garden and we left a very large back garden at the old house. I always loved gardening but our garden here is tiny. If you can imagine you go out of the conservatory door down steps onto the lawn. Then, if you go out of the dining room door there is a balcony that runs the length of the house. Weird set up really.

Well, I've rambled enough :blush:

Thanks again for the replies.

Kate