PDA

View Full Version : I'm a newbie

sagey
28-10-07, 12:47
I have anxiety and panic attacks and currently taking Flupentixol which makes me very tired and doesn't allay my surges of anxiety. I had a course of CBT 14 months ago and found it quite hard work, mainly I think I wasn't trying to concentrate sufficiently. I bought a book recommended by the therapist (Kennersly) and I plan to go back to it and give my very best. I've recently bought a couple of hypnotherapy tapes which are helping me to take a more positive attitude. I'm a great fan of hypnotherapy ,only at the mo I can't get out to see one. Worst thing plaguing me now is that I need to go to the dentist which terrifies me without having the problem of not being able to actually get there!

nomorepanic
28-10-07, 15:49
Hi Sagey

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

honeybee3939
28-10-07, 16:55
Hi Sagey

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:smile:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

bearcrazy
28-10-07, 17:16
:hugs: Hi sagey,

welcome to No More Panic! Youll get loads of support here and fun in the chat room. Good to have you aboard!

xxxxxxxx :hugs:

bottleblond
28-10-07, 18:04
Hi Sagey,

WELCOME to NMP. I'm sure you'll fine this site a great source oh help.

I also have a dental phobia. did you know that your doctor can prescribe a mild sedetive to keep your anxiety under control whilst you attend your dental appointment? My phobia was sever but the more i go, the less anxious i am.

hope this help

best of luck

Lisa
xxxx

Nibbles
28-10-07, 22:07
Hi sagey and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Lindalou64
28-10-07, 23:13
Hello Sagey And Welcome To The Site...linda

trac67
29-10-07, 03:02
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

sagey
29-10-07, 12:47
Thanks to all of you for the welcome messages. I'm so happy to have found this site.

margaret911
29-10-07, 13:54
Hi Sagey and welcome to nmp.
Hope this site helps you as much as it helps me. Take care.
love Mags xxx

Southern_Belle
29-10-07, 23:13
Hi Sagey,

Welcome to NMP. I don't know if they can do this in the UK, but my dentist gives me gas while working on my teeth and it relaxes me. Hope this helps.

Hugs,

Laura