PDA

View Full Version : Breaking the Cycle

cycloneuk
28-10-07, 12:58
My main problem at the moment is when anxious i get tremors in my stomach that look like i'm shivering/scared when in ques or doing certain tasks/meeting new people. These started after i had been housebound for 6 months and started propranolol and started to venture out again. This was about 2 years ago now, i remember i was in a games shop buying a game and started to feel anxious which i suppose is understandable since i'd not long started to go out again and all of a sudden started to get tremors in my stomach.

Now its a vicious circle, dosn't happen everytime but i keep thinking i will get tremors and often i do because i'm causing them myself by becoming so anxious over them. I have gotten over most of the other anxiety symptoms but just cant crack this one, anyone have any tips? this as to be the worst anxiety symptom for me because i hate it and i feel like i'll lose control and start shaking/tremoring uncontrollable even though only once has it been really bad where i wanted to just run out the shop but it quickly passed thank god even though it felt like ages.

lesleyB
29-10-07, 09:21
I think because you are expecting to feel the tremors they will come, try to focus on things around you when you are in a shop and not on yourself. If you are buying a game look at the colours and the graphics on the box this helps to distract your mind from yourself. Hope that helps.
Lesleyb:flowers: