PDA

View Full Version : Omeprazole

Kuraimoar
31-10-20, 00:32
I was prescribed omeprazole and after putting it off for a week I started it tonight. I am allergic to a lot of antibiotics so I am always nervous to take new meds because of reactions I've had in the past. I know a reaction to it is rare. Just looking for anyone who has been on it before and can share their experiences. Thank you as always :)

panic_down_under
31-10-20, 10:07
I was prescribed omeprazole and after putting it off for a week I started it tonight. I am allergic to a lot of antibiotics so I am always nervous to take new meds because of reactions I've had in the past. I know a reaction to it is rare. Just looking for anyone who has been on it before and can share their experiences. Thank you as always :)

I have no personal experience of omeprazole, but antibiotics are a completely different category of risk for allergic reactions to that of most other meds as they target the very systems which can produce the reactions. You're unlikely to run into serious issues with omeprazole. Any side-effects are usually of the 'pain in the butt' category, sometimes literally, :ohmy: than life threatening and most experience none.

nomorepanic
31-10-20, 11:13
I have been on it loads of times and the only side effect was feeling a bit dizzy.

We do have loads of posts about this medication so use the search facility to find them

Kuraimoar
31-10-20, 16:45
Thanks both of you. I took it last night without issues so hopefully it stays thay way. I appreciate the responses