PDA

View Full Version : Lump left after bruise?

Liddy1993
01-11-20, 14:42
I got a dark enough bruise on my thigh just above my knee about 2.5 weeks after after a night of drinking. The bruise slowly faded and now it’s kind of a tan colour and 70% gone but when I scratched my leg last night there’s a lump under the bruise? Smaller than the bruise itself maybe peanut/large pea size? I don’t know if it was there since the bruise came and I read you can get lumps under bruises but I’ve convinced myself it’s sarcoma now has anyone has this before?

Fishmanpa
01-11-20, 14:54
Totally normal. Think about it. A bruise is caused by blood vessels near the surface of the skin break due to a blow or injury that you can see. The lump is pooled blood under the skin you can't see. It'll go away after a couple of weeks.

Positive thoughts

Liddy1993
01-11-20, 14:57
Thank you fish your replies are always so helpful! That’s what the logical side of my brain was telling me but I was fighting with myself over it. Gonna keep telling myself this because I can still see the bruise I know that’s what it’s from.

NancyW
02-11-20, 02:27
So, so normal! It may take along time for it to go away.

You'll be ok :-)

Scass
02-11-20, 05:58
Yes totally normal. I have one still weeks after I scraped my leg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagicalSprite
03-11-20, 00:23
In agreement with the others, normal! It’ll go away in time. I had a cut from glass once, pretty sure it bruised too, then a lump formed under the skin. It was there for quite a while if I recall correct but now it’s gone 👍

MrLurcher
10-11-20, 09:45
I have a lump on my shin that's been there for two years after getting kicked in football. I have no idea what it is, but two doctors have said if it's not painful to not worry about it.

Liddy1993
13-11-20, 20:58
Sorry I’m so late getting back to you guys but thank for your replies and yep like you said it’s 80% gone now :)