PDA

View Full Version : Frustration with ectopics

TracyL
28-10-07, 21:25
Hi everyone

Well last Friday i posted the results of my halter monitor which reassured me no end. Yes i experience PAC and PVC's but nothing to worry about. I felt great coming out of the doctors then wham Friday night and all weekend and in fact even now the dratted things are with me constantly. I'm at my wits end. What do i do now? Do i get 3rd, 4th and 5th opinions. I am soooo frustrated.:lac: I find it so hard to believe that these things are ok to experience. I have runs of the beats and get them frequently. Weird thing is, last week I didn't have them this bad at all although I was nervous and waiting for my results.

Please help, any advice?:shrug:

thanks guys

Frustrated (Tracy)

countrygirl
28-10-07, 21:50
All I can say is I know how you feel as this is exactly what happens to me. Just because you have had reassurance does not mean they go away - you just end up happy with a wonky heartbeat!!

You can be reassured that if they have shown up on the ECG then what the Dr;s say is correct as they are there in black and white and they can easily tell the difference between suspicious arrythmias and benign ones.

I have had 5 24 moniters in past 15 years plus 4 days constant monitering in hospital when they were really bad and even though I was told they were harmless they still persisted.

Take heart:yesyes: from the fact your ECG showed them very well to the Dr who evaluated it and he isn't bothered in the slightest and after that you just have to accept them as part of you , horrible and fightening but harmless- much easier said than done as I am still trying to do that myself:wacko:

miss motown
28-10-07, 22:01
hi ive just read your post as i have been experiancing these for a couple of days now and im soooo frightened i do get chest pains and pains down my arms so you can imagine wots going thru my mind well i was going to make an appointment 2morow do u have to ask for these heart monitors ias i dont think my gp would suggest any thing like that for me i no she,ll just say its stress and send me away ive heared of these monitors before do you think i should mention it to my gp

TracyL
29-10-07, 00:02
Hi Countrygirl. thanks for that it helps to know someone else knows what i mean. Some times these things make you feel so alone.

Miss Motown, i found having the holter monitor does help to put my mind at ease so i think they are worth having. Just mention it to your doctor. They will be able to give you their opinion and if they feel you need to have one for peace of mind, then i'd do it. Stress does cause these awful things i'm sure so try not too worry too much (easier said than done i know).

At least we are not alone. This site is so fantastic and getting to chat to you guys really is the best medicine.

thanks once again and take care

Tracy