PDA

View Full Version : What if I am the center of my own Universe?

WiredIncorrectly
06-11-20, 17:12
A bit of fun thinking. What if everybody and everything around me is my reality?

That doesn't make sense does it? To define it better the world and the Universe around me was hand crafted specifically for me. What if my family, my friends, those who walk by in the street, you folks are all for me and this experience on earth is uniquely mine?

This is what new age guru's speak of. But I'm not speaking new age mystical stuff.

Although it sounds ludicrous and narcissistic to think that the center of the universe evolves around me and your all part of MY reality that is the case. For me, and for you. You are also the center of your Universe and your reality because how you experience it and the things around you are specifically made for YOUR reality. And if I'm in your reality ... which I am if you're reading this, then our realities are crossed for a reason.

Don't know what that reason is. But hey, there's my little fun theory backed up with zero evidence. I've got a habit of put my brain farts across as fact. It's not intended. Please forgive me if it comes across like that.

:shrug:

ankietyjoe
06-11-20, 20:56
Well.

There are many threads to pull at here, including the idea of quantum manifestation and multiple Universes/reality. Most of these theories have a basis in science, although would most likely be outside the realms of what science can currently measure/test.

They have shown the quantum effect of atoms being observed causing an effect on other atoms instantaneously, so communication has happened between two separate atoms faster than the speed of light.

What has this got to do with your thread? It's just the idea that thought makes things happen. Not in the spooky Dr Strange way, but on a more subtle level. In which case yes, you are the centre of your particular Universe I guess.

The idea is that energy is matter and vice versa, which we know to be true.

WiredIncorrectly
06-11-20, 21:00
Quantum entanglement is fascinating stuff. Einstein wouldn't have it, in his eyes nothing could be faster than light, he called it "spooky action at a distance". The Quantum world is mind blowing. Is that something you're into too Joe?

WiredIncorrectly
06-11-20, 21:07
I was thinking about something last night as it happens. If everything is frequency, including light, then why does light move through "dark matter", but sound (also a frequency on the spectrum) doesn't?

ankietyjoe
06-11-20, 21:12
I'm into it with one sceptic eye and one accepting eye.

I recently read 'The Law of Attraction' by Esther and Jerry Hicks and wondered what kind of mad ******* drugs they were taking when they wrote it. It's clearly heavily rooted in the land of woo-woo. However, you can extrapolate some common sense ideas out of it too.

My current bedtime read is 'Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself' by Dr Joe Dispenza. This is far more science based (with a little woo-woo) and is more about re-creating your own experience of life and the Universe in a fashion that more suits the way you desire it to be. Funnily enough I was going to recommend you the book anyway once I'd finished it. It's really more based around the idea of 'we are what we think' mixed in with some NLP alongside an injection of the quantum field.

I would say I'm a tentative believer because it answers so many 'wtf' questions that can happen that we tend to brush off as coincidence.

I've also been aware for years that science only applies to phenomena that we can currently measure. The rest may as well be magic, so who knows?

WiredIncorrectly
06-11-20, 22:28
I will most definitely take a look at Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself. I didn't know you read woo. I can recommend a book called "The Field by Lynne McTaggart", it's woo but non the less a good read. For me the woo starts to make some sort of sense when quantum physics is used to explain it.

The rest may as well be magic, so who knows?

I like this.

And this is a good video with Joe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8C3HZpWKAM

I'm positive I have the law of attraction in paperback somewhere. I know it comes highly recommended. I haven't read it, but I remember seeing it going through my boxes.

WiredIncorrectly
06-11-20, 22:29
Oh, I know where I know it from. It was in my bookmarks, it's the audio book version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsAuuLfY1Fg

Maybe this is where I've subconsciously picked up the idea I posted because I listen to this a few times a year.

WiredIncorrectly
06-11-20, 22:33
Listening now. I really needed this book right now. See Joe, this is the quantum magic I was saying. You're in my reality for a reason and today I needed to hear this book.

Pamplemousse
06-11-20, 22:49
I was thinking about something last night as it happens. If everything is frequency, including light, then why does light move through "dark matter", but sound (also a frequency on the spectrum) doesn't?

Light - wave/particle duality, electromagnetic spectrum.
Sound - compression/rarefaction of air. Not electromagnetic as heard.

At this point you need to consider propagation and also, wavelength.

I wondered that one myself as a teenager.

WiredIncorrectly
06-11-20, 22:57
Ah man now I'm down this rabbit hole tonight. Thanks Pamplemousse :roflmao:

Hope you're well during these rough times.

MyNameIsTerry
06-11-20, 23:52
Well if someone created my reality just for me my obvious first thought is this: I desperately want to meet this idiot so I can give them a great big :buttkick:

Some of the guys with OCD struggle with this theme. It's one they can't outthink as there will never be acceptable evidence against it so they have to work on not being sucked down the rabbit hole.

WiredIncorrectly
07-11-20, 00:38
Well if someone created my reality just for me my obvious first thought is this: I desperately want to meet this idiot so I can give them a great big :buttkick:

Same Terry! They better have a good answer too.

Some of the guys with OCD struggle with this theme. It's one they can't outthink as there will never be acceptable evidence against it so they have to work on not being sucked down the rabbit hole.

Nailed it T. When this happens I try to put on some Jazz and move away from my computer. I've got notepads recently and started writing most of my brain overflow into those. If need be I can then research what's written. The alternative is consuming content after content after content and never really getting anywhere.

It was Karl Pilkington that inspired me to keep a diary of my thoughts. I hope that guy is genuine unlike Sheldon Cooper. That genuinely hurt me when I found out the actor didn't have aspergers and isn't a scientist :roflmao: I binned my Sheldon shirts, fan items and the DVD's gather dust. Ironically exactly what a real Sheldon Cooper would have probably done in the same situation.

NoraB
07-11-20, 07:11
A bit of fun thinking. What if everybody and everything around me is my reality?

Have you been watching Life on Mars cocker? :winks:

My name is Nora Batty. I had an accident and woke up in No More Panic. Am I mad? In a coma? Whatever it is it's like I've landed on a different planet. :yesyes:

Pamplemousse
07-11-20, 12:44
Ah man now I'm down this rabbit hole tonight. Thanks Pamplemousse :roflmao:

Hope you're well during these rough times.

Battling on - it ain't easy especially when you keep hearing of workplace cases...

NoraB
08-11-20, 07:55
I hope that guy is genuine unlike Sheldon Cooper. That genuinely hurt me when I found out the actor didn't have aspergers and isn't a scientist :roflmao: I binned my Sheldon shirts, fan items and the DVD's gather dust. Ironically exactly what a real Sheldon Cooper would have probably done in the same situation.

It's hard to 'nail' autism with acting because we're all so different, and there is the stereotypical bias to deal with...

Max Vento does a decent enough job as Joe in The A Word, but why are they portraying autism with a boy who doesn't smile or laugh? Why is this always the case? That's not me or my son and we're both autistic! I'm totally there with his need for music though. I do the shutting the world out with a banging soundtrack and some headphones and I'm 50! However, they do have an actually autistic actor - Travis Smith who plays Mark.

One of my favourite actors is autistic - Paddy Considine. He was diagnosed Asperger's at 36. Who says autistic folk can't do comedy. Hello, Hot Fuzz? :whistles:

I've yet to see 'myself' or my son portrayed on screen, and these stereotypical portrayals are what give non-autistic people an opinion on whether somebody is autistic or not...

I laugh a lot, so I can't be autistic.

I've had jobs and been married, twice - so I can't possibly be autistic.

I have empathy by the truck load, so I can't be autistic.

I'm a sarcastic bugger, so I can't be autistic..

It's incredibly demeaning to have my daily struggles belittled in this way.

You show me a 'highly-functioning' autistic person who doesn't have at least one mental health condition. It's more likely that they have numerous mental health issues and physical conditions - all of which result from the stress and strain of having to try and exist in a world that we don't understand, and surrounded by people who do not understand us.

Anyhoo, I appear to have climbed aboard my soap box, so, I'll go cool off innit. :ohmy:

pulisa
08-11-20, 08:27
At least there is now more recognition of the agonies high functioning female autistics go through and how they present so differently from males on the spectrum.

I think it's far more complicated and difficult for women to manage and live with ASD and to process and make sense of all the troubling emotions overwhelming them. All credit to you, Nora..You should tour the country after covid giving talks to the professionals and interested public..another Ros Blackburn?!

NoraB
08-11-20, 08:48
At least there is now more recognition of the agonies high functioning female autistics go through and how they present so differently from males on the spectrum.

Yes, there is, thankfully.

However, I've had run-ins with several autistic males (members of the autistic dark web) who question people's diagnoses if they have had jobs, been married or have reproduced. It was an eye-opener for me because I naively thought I'd never experience hostility and abuse from people who are like me? Boy was I wrong! One young lady called me the C word, which rhymes with punt, and that's because I advocate positivity with autism, and also because I'm not opposed to people who self-diagnose based on the theory that nobody would choose to be autistic - you either are or you're not.

I think it's far more complicated and difficult for women to manage and live with ASD and to process and make sense of all the troubling emotions overwhelming them.

For 46 years I didn't know that my struggles with life are because I'm autistic. I had no support and no early intervention - like so many of my generation and those before us. It got to the point where I didn't know who I was anymore - I was more persona than me because being me earned me abuse. I had to be someone else in order to survive if that makes sense? Even then, it's like people can sense I'm different, you know? One girl walked up to me on my first day of high school and she slapped me across my face for no reason at all. :shrug: Well, I say no reason - apparently she didn't like my face. :huh:

All credit to you, Nora..You should tour the country after covid giving talks to the professionals and interested public..another Ros Blackburn?!

Alas, I have the verbal communication skills of a wheelie bin, so I'm limited to online ramblings. :yesyes:

WiredIncorrectly
08-11-20, 14:42
Nora your experience with the forums I can relate to. It's a double edged sword on those forums because you've got 2 types of people:

1. The self diagnosed
2. The diagnosed

The diagnosed don't take the self diagnosed seriously. Both war with one another. I've came off the autism forums and I just stick to this place if I'm honest.

I've been called names for being in a relationship. I've been called names for being high functioning by those who are lower functioning (yet seemingly able enough to heckle). Maybe the secret to having a relationship is being open and honest. That's all I've ever done and I've had 2 partners. Saying that, they both chased me. I've never been proactive in seeking relationships.

I speculate many on the aspie/autism forums are in a depression hole. We've all been there, but it seems so much more common on the wrong planet.

pulisa
08-11-20, 18:09
Having an ASD diagnosis doesn't mean that hurtful and offensive comments online should be tolerated. Nor should they be excused on the basis of depression. Some people are just unpleasant regardless of any diagnosis and enjoy being keyboard warriors where they can indulge in their frustration and anger at the world. There's also a certain amount of jealousy there as well disguised in ugly accusations. Rise above these oxygen thieves, James..

WiredIncorrectly
08-11-20, 18:27
Having an ASD diagnosis doesn't mean that hurtful and offensive comments online should be tolerated. Nor should they be excused on the basis of depression. Some people are just unpleasant regardless of any diagnosis and enjoy being keyboard warriors where they can indulge in their frustration and anger at the world. There's also a certain amount of jealousy there as well disguised in ugly accusations. Rise above these oxygen thieves, James..

Very true Pulisa.

pulisa
08-11-20, 19:19
Yes, there is, thankfully.

However, I've had run-ins with several autistic males (members of the autistic dark web) who question people's diagnoses if they have had jobs, been married or have reproduced. It was an eye-opener for me because I naively thought I'd never experience hostility and abuse from people who are like me? Boy was I wrong! One young lady called me the C word, which rhymes with punt, and that's because I advocate positivity with autism, and also because I'm not opposed to people who self-diagnose based on the theory that nobody would choose to be autistic - you either are or you're not.

For 46 years I didn't know that my struggles with life are because I'm autistic. I had no support and no early intervention - like so many of my generation and those before us. It got to the point where I didn't know who I was anymore - I was more persona than me because being me earned me abuse. I had to be someone else in order to survive if that makes sense? Even then, it's like people can sense I'm different, you know? One girl walked up to me on my first day of high school and she slapped me across my face for no reason at all. :shrug: Well, I say no reason - apparently she didn't like my face. :huh:

Alas, I have the verbal communication skills of a wheelie bin, so I'm limited to online ramblings. :yesyes:

A wheelie bin?! What rubbish! I refuse to believe that!

WiredIncorrectly
08-11-20, 20:24
That's reminded me, I need to take the bins out today.

NoraB
09-11-20, 05:28
A wheelie bin?! What rubbish! I refuse to believe that!

:roflmao:

NoraB
09-11-20, 06:15
I've never been proactive in seeking relationships.

I've never initiated a friendship in my entire life.

Re boys 'n' blokes. It's fair to say that once my zits cleared up when I was 14 boys (and much older boys) treated me me differently and were seemingly prepared to overlook the fact that I was the school weirdo. :shrug: I didn't understand social norms or recognise dangerous situations, and I got myself into some scrapes, I can tell you.:ohmy:

I've done the therapy, and the memories no longer have me curling up into the foetal position. :scared15:

I can't tell you how many times I've thanked God that I never had a daughter, in particular, one like me. (my nerves couldn't take it)

WiredIncorrectly
09-11-20, 12:37
Sorry to hear that Nora. I have no words, that sounds terrible, but it's great you was able to move forward.

I've been taken advantage of many times. They say it's aspies that can put on a good act but in my opinion those NT's that manipulated me for their own benefit can act equally well to get what they want.

Children are fun and not so fun. When they're acting up its hell with my mental health. But, he helps me a lot and he's helped me become a better adult in the process. He's my best friend.

pulisa
09-11-20, 14:18
My son is quite naive and can be taken advantage of easily whereas my daughter is very cautious and terrified of making mistakes and not doing the "right" thing.

Life is never dull:D

WiredIncorrectly
09-11-20, 18:39
My son is quite naive and can be taken advantage of easily whereas my daughter is very cautious and terrified of making mistakes and not doing the "right" thing.

Life is never dull:D

I'd imagine I'm like your son in many ways. You speak of him often and I see similarities. My mom says I'm naive and gullible (not in a mean way).

Your daughter on the spectrum too? Hope your son is doing well.

pulisa
09-11-20, 19:49
Yes she is and she also has Maudsley diagnosed OCD, severe anxiety and depression. My son is on quite a cocktail of meds but he's started his therapy now after a year long wait. The trauma is still with him but he is functioning better thanks.

I don't think I'll ever be a grandmother though....although I'm an expert on washing machine brands, the Lion King, female singers killed in their prime and Andrex loo rolls!:D

NoraB
10-11-20, 06:47
Sorry to hear that Nora. I have no words, that sounds terrible, but it's great you was able to move forward.

It took me 46 years, but, yeah, I got there in the end lol

Al I can say is that I think somebody was working overtime for me *points to the sky* because I really should have come to harm so many times, but I didn't. One day, many years later, I saw a medium (one of the genuine ones) and she told me that my grandmother (deceased since I was 6) was protecting me. In her mind she saw me surrounded by barbed wire, and although it has to be said that I have been abused and encountered physical harm as well as mental, there have been many occasions where I've felt protected..

One day I was driving home from work - doing 50 in a 50 zone because the conditions were fine. It was a route I took every day. This one day I heard somebody almost shout, 'SLOW DOWN!'. There was only me in the car, and nobody about! :shrug:

Now, there was no apparent reason to slow down, but I did slow down, and the next thing - a lorry pulled out in front of me. Because I'd slowed down, I had time to swerve onto the other side of the road to avoid the lorry. The skid marks were there for days afterwards. (ones on the road, not in ma pants lol) It was obvious the driver hadn't seen me because of the look on his face. Later on, I realised that, if I hadn't obeyed that voice - I would have ploughed into the side of the lorry because we are talking a matter of seconds between me hearing the voice and reacting. A little Punto slamming into the side of a truck? Game over time, or serious injuries. The other odd thing was the lack of oncoming traffic. This was drivetime zone and usually it was busy, but there was no oncoming traffic - which meant that I didn't hit anything on the other side!

I don't know if it was my Gran or who, but somebody intervened and saved my life.

Re everything else? Maybe it's all been part of the plan? Maybe I had to go through some serious shit in order to be strong for my vulnerable son and protect him in a way that my parents never protected me, not because they were bad parents (on the contrary, they were the best) but I couldn't verbalise what was in my head or what was happening to me. At home, I was always in my room listening to music, reading, or watching TV with my dad. Like my son, school was school and home was home. I never talked about my day. How could they have helped me when they didn't know anything was wrong? Mum, I think was autistic herself, and I always remember her saying this to me: 'You're here, but you seem to be very far away'. She didn't understand how accurate that was because I had to be somewhere else in my head in order to survive. Far from being unimaginative, as people presume with autistics - I have a very vivid and intense inner world. Or I did before I had a breakdown..

In later years I was able to tell my mother about the bullying at school but the expression of hurt on her face made me understand that I could never tell her the worst of what has happened to me. If the tame stuff hurt her so much, she wouldn't cope with the rest. So I told it all to a therapist instead - someone whose heart wasn't going to break when I told my story. I loved my mother, so I spared her the pain, but I guess she knows everything there is to know now because I don't think there are any secrets in 'heaven'.

At the end of the day, I know that all roads have brought me here, to a place where I have a bloke who loves me, even though I do his head in, and I have three boys who I would die for. To change one shitty thing in my life but be to change it all, and I would go through it all again to have my children.

Bloody hell, I've come over all emosh! :weep:

NoraB
10-11-20, 07:43
female singers killed in their prime and Andrex loo rolls!:D

I love the loo roll one..

One of my obsessions has been serial killers. I like to think it keeps Hubs on his toes. :yesyes:

pulisa
10-11-20, 08:32
Oh yes...Serial killers too. The morbid fascination angle..

Life was a lot easier when they were younger.. I didn't know it at the time though.

NoraB
10-11-20, 09:38
Oh yes...Serial killers too. The morbid fascination angle..

Life was a lot easier when they were younger.. I didn't know it at the time though.

I remember rooting through my dad's Sven Hassell books when I was younger..:ohmy:

Re serial killers, I like to understand why people do things, and serial killers are not born, they're made - so it interests and upsets me at the same time. And when I say upset, I don't just mean their victims because I can't help but feel some empathy for those kids who were treated so abhorrently that they themselves became abusers and ultimately, murderers.

I try to balance this stuff up with nice books about cats called Bob. :yesyes:

WiredIncorrectly
10-11-20, 13:09
It took me 46 years, but, yeah, I got there in the end lol

Al I can say is that I think somebody was working overtime for me *points to the sky* because I really should have come to harm so many times, but I didn't. One day, many years later, I saw a medium (one of the genuine ones) and she told me that my grandmother (deceased since I was 6) was protecting me. In her mind she saw me surrounded by barbed wire, and although it has to be said that I have been abused and encountered physical harm as well as mental, there have been many occasions where I've felt protected..

One day I was driving home from work - doing 50 in a 50 zone because the conditions were fine. It was a route I took every day. This one day I heard somebody almost shout, 'SLOW DOWN!'. There was only me in the car, and nobody about! :shrug:

Now, there was no apparent reason to slow down, but I did slow down, and the next thing - a lorry pulled out in front of me. Because I'd slowed down, I had time to swerve onto the other side of the road to avoid the lorry. The skid marks were there for days afterwards. (ones on the road, not in ma pants lol) It was obvious the driver hadn't seen me because of the look on his face. Later on, I realised that, if I hadn't obeyed that voice - I would have ploughed into the side of the lorry because we are talking a matter of seconds between me hearing the voice and reacting. A little Punto slamming into the side of a truck? Game over time, or serious injuries. The other odd thing was the lack of oncoming traffic. This was drivetime zone and usually it was busy, but there was no oncoming traffic - which meant that I didn't hit anything on the other side!

I don't know if it was my Gran or who, but somebody intervened and saved my life.

Re everything else? Maybe it's all been part of the plan? Maybe I had to go through some serious shit in order to be strong for my vulnerable son and protect him in a way that my parents never protected me, not because they were bad parents (on the contrary, they were the best) but I couldn't verbalise what was in my head or what was happening to me. At home, I was always in my room listening to music, reading, or watching TV with my dad. Like my son, school was school and home was home. I never talked about my day. How could they have helped me when they didn't know anything was wrong? Mum, I think was autistic herself, and I always remember her saying this to me: 'You're here, but you seem to be very far away'. She didn't understand how accurate that was because I had to be somewhere else in my head in order to survive. Far from being unimaginative, as people presume with autistics - I have a very vivid and intense inner world. Or I did before I had a breakdown..

In later years I was able to tell my mother about the bullying at school but the expression of hurt on her face made me understand that I could never tell her the worst of what has happened to me. If the tame stuff hurt her so much, she wouldn't cope with the rest. So I told it all to a therapist instead - someone whose heart wasn't going to break when I told my story. I loved my mother, so I spared her the pain, but I guess she knows everything there is to know now because I don't think there are any secrets in 'heaven'.

At the end of the day, I know that all roads have brought me here, to a place where I have a bloke who loves me, even though I do his head in, and I have three boys who I would die for. To change one shitty thing in my life but be to change it all, and I would go through it all again to have my children.

Bloody hell, I've come over all emosh! :weep:

Thank you for sharing your story though. That was amazing that something shouted slow down. I almost stepped in the road as a fire truck was turning the corner. If I was 1 second earlier crossing that road I'd have been dead.

And you might be right, maybe in life you had to experience things to become who you are now. Like lessons in life. And it god damn sucks that some people have to go through some very difficult times.

WiredIncorrectly
10-11-20, 13:12
Yes she is and she also has Maudsley diagnosed OCD, severe anxiety and depression. My son is on quite a cocktail of meds but he's started his therapy now after a year long wait. The trauma is still with him but he is functioning better thanks.

I don't think I'll ever be a grandmother though....although I'm an expert on washing machine brands, the Lion King, female singers killed in their prime and Andrex loo rolls!:D

I will never had a child of my own. I've got my stepson who I have raised from a 1 year old. We're close and he respects me so I devote my life to him like I would my own. His Dad died 2 months after my own.

I'm a jaffa. Means I have no swimmers. The really strange thing about this was from the age of 11 my friends nick named me jaffa. I have no idea why because I don't like jaffa cakes.

I am the end of my line. The branch on my tree has no leaves :roflmao:

pulisa
10-11-20, 14:01
You may not have a biological son but you're still a great father figure to your boy and that's all that matters. It takes more than a seed to be a real Dad.

WiredIncorrectly
10-11-20, 19:47
You may not have a biological son but you're still a great father figure to your boy and that's all that matters. It takes more than a seed to be a real Dad.

Thank you Pulisa. That means a lot to me.

NoraB
11-11-20, 07:40
Thank you for sharing your story though. That was amazing that something shouted slow down. I almost stepped in the road as a fire truck was turning the corner. If I was 1 second earlier crossing that road I'd have been dead.

Something similar happened with my eldest. He's always maintained (and I believe him) that he went to step out into the road and somebody pulled him back onto the pavement. Only nobody was there. A second later, a car came speeding round the corner and he reckons it would have hit him for sure had he carried on across the road.

I really have had too many experiences to doubt that there's something a lot bigger going on in this universe...

And you might be right, maybe in life you had to experience things to become who you are now. Like lessons in life. And it god damn sucks that some people have to go through some very difficult times.

I don't think we can grow (spiritually) without challenges..

NoraB
11-11-20, 07:45
I will never had a child of my own. I've got my stepson who I have raised from a 1 year old. We're close and he respects me so I devote my life to him like I would my own. His Dad died 2 months after my own.

I think your stepson is very lucky to have you. :yesyes:

I am the end of my line. The branch on my tree has no leaves

Sure it does - your stepson. This little leaf attached itself to your tree the day you chose to love him as your own. It's you who will shape him into the man he will become and he will pass those qualities on.

This is much bigger than biology my friend...

WiredIncorrectly
11-11-20, 17:04
Sure it does - your stepson. This little leaf attached itself to your tree the day you chose to love him as your own. It's you who will shape him into the man he will become and he will pass those qualities on.

That was an awesome rebuttal.

This is much bigger than biology my friend...

That sentence hit me. Thank you Nora.