PDA

View Full Version : Thyroid Cancer Fear

marissav1.0
06-11-20, 21:54
Last week I was referred to an endocrinologist, due to my thyroid tsh level being too low - it was 0.30. The endocrinologist repeated the tsh and my level rose to barely normal 0.53. She also checked my t4, which was normal. The last test she did was thyroid antibodies, which came back negative.

I told her at the appointment my voice has been hoarse lately, and I sometimes have a choking sensation when swallowing. She didn't seem concerned, and scheduled a follow up for February.

I keep worrying she isn't doing enough investigating. No ultrasound, nothing. How does she know I don't have a nodule or goiter or something??

Redsmum
06-11-20, 22:24
Last week I was referred to an endocrinologist, due to my thyroid tsh level being too low - it was 0.30. The endocrinologist repeated the tsh and my level rose to barely normal 0.53. She also checked my t4, which was normal. The last test she did was thyroid antibodies, which came back negative.

I told her at the appointment my voice has been hoarse lately, and I sometimes have a choking sensation when swallowing. She didn't seem concerned, and scheduled a follow up for February.

I keep worrying she isn't doing enough investigating. No ultrasound, nothing. How does she know I don't have a nodule or goiter or something??

Hi Marissav, i had a nodule on my thyroid many years ago, i didn’t have a hoarse voice, or a choking sensation in fact i had no symptoms at all other than the actual swelling at the front of my throat. I had an ultrasound to pin point the exact location, had blood tests & fine needle aspiration they were pretty certain it was benign, when it was removed they took half the thyroid gland as it was attached to it, it was benign. Even though i only have half a thyroid gland i’ve never had any problems at all.

I understand you’re concerned but if you had a nodule or a goitre you would be able to see it for sure. Try to not worry your tests are negative & she’s checking you again in February. I don’t think you’ve anything to worry about. Take care.