PDA

View Full Version : Scared I might have c diff

HopeI'mWrong:P
07-11-20, 15:30
Hi. I'm terrified right now. C diff is one of those infections that I am probably most afraid of - and now I think I have it.

I'm on day 4 of a 5 day course of amoxicillin (3 x 500mg). Broad-spectrum antibiotics are the most likely to cause c diff, and amoxicillin is one of them. Today, I started having lower abdominal cramping and watery diarrhoea. I've been to the bathroom with diarrhea 5 times so far. The smell is also really bad. These are all c diff signs. I'm petrified. I am expecting a call back from a doctor soon as I'm so afraid. The thought of pooing myself to death is too much to bear. I can't take this.

Has anyone had similar symptoms after amoxicillin (or another broad-spectrum antibiotic) that turned out not to be c diff? Thanks

nomorepanic
07-11-20, 16:08
I get diarrhea with antibiotics - never even thought about c-diff

Scass
07-11-20, 17:23
It’s a very common
Antibiotic side effect, and yes I’ve had it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midnight-mouse
07-11-20, 17:24
A lot of people experience stomach issues with antibiotics.

I remember taking care of my granddad when he had c.diff, it’s by sure no means fun but we got through it just fine. Plus he was in quite poor health at the time.

I honestly think if you have it you’re not questioning it! The sent isn’t just bad like poop often is, it’s something else entirely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HopeI'mWrong:P
07-11-20, 19:27
Thank you for your responses, they have made me feel better than earlier. I haven't been since and the cramps have eased off. Hopefully it'll stay that way. Thanks again

LouiseAndy
08-11-20, 22:07
I always get diarrhea while taking antibiotics- and I've had c diff. Veryyyy different experiences :scared15: Hope you feel better soon xx