PDA

View Full Version : Please help - is it normal for heart rate to drop to 48-50 for literally a min or 2?

emmabombemma
07-11-20, 15:49
Hey guys
I am usually the opposite and my heart rate ranges 75-100 most days. Last night I was really relaxed and yawning super sleepy and hungry and reclined on a recliner chair with feet up and did my nightly HR check and my pulse was 48 then I panicked did it again and it was 50!! I sat up more and had cheese and crackers and then it was back to 78. I am now really panicking something is wrong it never drops I'm not on beta blockers or meds

NoraB
08-11-20, 08:51
Last night I was really relaxed and yawning super sleepy and hungry and reclined on a recliner chair with feet up and did my nightly HR check and my pulse was 48 then I panicked did it again and it was 50!!

Why are you checking your pulse every night?

emmabombemma
08-11-20, 11:30
Why are you checking your pulse every night?
Because it is usually high with anxiety so I am monitoring it to take to a GP
The sudden low dips really stressing me out

NoraB
08-11-20, 12:06
Because it is usually high with anxiety

That's normal. Your heart is meant to race when the stress response is triggered.

The sudden low dips really stressing me out

This happened to me tbh - and it did shit me up because I was so used to my heart racing. Had an ECG - everything normal.

You say 'dips'. Do you mean this has happened more than once?

emmabombemma
08-11-20, 15:03
That's normal. Your heart is meant to race when the stress response is triggered.

This happened to me tbh - and it did shit me up because I was so used to my heart racing. Had an ECG - everything normal.

You say 'dips'. Do you mean this has happened more than once?

No It can go down to say 62 when extremely chilled but never ever down to 48 or 50 just two or three times the other night.

Midnight-mouse
08-11-20, 19:12
Mine apparently went down to 38 the other day. Dips in the heart rate are not uncommon at all, but even more common are mistakes made by the device taking the pulse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoraB
09-11-20, 06:44
No It can go down to say 62 when extremely chilled but never ever down to 48 or 50 just two or three times the other night.

Were you using a monitor? Check the batteries cocker.

These monitors are not infallible, and in my opinion, people with HA shouldn't be using them.

emmabombemma
09-11-20, 11:20
Were you using a monitor? Check the batteries cocker.

These monitors are not infallible, and in my opinion, people with HA shouldn't be using them.

It was using my Samsung phone the built in app which is always same as a bp monitor so I do trust it

emmabombemma
09-11-20, 11:21
Yes I suspect maybe a slight glitch in phone fingers crossed

NoraB
09-11-20, 11:24
It was using my Samsung phone the built in app which is always same as a bp monitor so I do trust it

How does it work? :unsure:

I've always used monitors which fit on the wrist...

emmabombemma
09-11-20, 11:58
You press the camera flash on the back but when I compare it to my blood pressure monitor it's the same

NoraB
09-11-20, 12:01
You press the camera flash on the back but when I compare it to my blood pressure monitor it's the same

Blimey! Technology eh? (I sound like a dinosaur) :D

DavidB99
23-11-20, 23:13
When I was a fit athlete my resting HR was 36...sometimes 34...permanently... I wouldn't worry about it.

Ascetic
29-11-20, 01:34
I can relate:

I have been checking my blood oxygen levels via a pulse oximeter for a couple weeks due to recently getting COVID and I also saw my heart rate go down to 48-54 when I was laying in bed, breathing deeply, feeling relaxed.

It's normal! Especially if you are in good, active shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bin tenn
03-12-20, 05:29
Mine occasionally dips into the 50s, but otherwise never seems to go below 65 or so. Normal, IMO.