PDA

View Full Version : Any diabetics on here please 😀 Type 2 or pre diabetics!

Rossi_h
11-11-20, 15:17
Hello as you can see from the title im looking for diabetics type 2, or pre diabetics to answer me a couple of queries and help.

So my dad is type 2 (can’t speak to him) and his dad was diabetic type 2 (passed away) I’m just looking at the possibility of me getting it or having it too. So I bought a blood glucose monitor and below are my results.

Any help appreciated.

Monday evening 1 hour after meal - 9.6 mmol

Tuesday morning after fasting 8 hours (asleep) - 6.1 mmol.
Tuesday before tea time - 4.5 mmol. 2 hours after tea time before bed - 7.8 mmol

And finally this morning after fasting, (9 hours sleeping ) - 5.7mmol.

Again any help greatly appreciated 😀

ankietyjoe
11-11-20, 20:38
T2 is 99% due to lifestyle and diet. It's got very little to do with genetics.

If you want a proper answer, you need to speak with a Doctor.

Those readings mean nothing in isolation. Did you eat salmon or cake.....etc.

Not really the place to ask anyway, nobody can answer you.

Pamplemousse
11-11-20, 21:33
Hello as you can see from the title im looking for diabetics type 2, or pre diabetics to answer me a couple of queries and help.

So my dad is type 2 (can’t speak to him) and his dad was diabetic type 2 (passed away) I’m just looking at the possibility of me getting it or having it too. So I bought a blood glucose monitor and below are my results.

Any help appreciated.

Monday evening 1 hour after meal - 9.6 mmol

Tuesday morning after fasting 8 hours (asleep) - 6.1 mmol.
Tuesday before tea time - 4.5 mmol. 2 hours after tea time before bed - 7.8 mmol

And finally this morning after fasting, (9 hours sleeping ) - 5.7mmol.

Again any help greatly appreciated 

Rather than asking random people on the Internet who more than likely don't know what they're talking about, have a look here:

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-causes.html

And from that:

Type 2 diabetes causes are usually multifactorial – more than one diabetes cause is involved. Often, the most overwhelming factor is a family history of type 2 diabetes.

but equally, if you're concerned make an appointment with your GP. The first step will be, after lots of questions and being weighed, an OGTT - Oral Glucose Tolerance Test. With that you drink a highly concentrated drink of glucose and then blood is drawn just before you take the drink, then after two hours and sometimes one hour as well.

Hope that helps (from a T2 diabetic diagnosed six years ago).

ankietyjoe
12-11-20, 09:25
The family history thing has been pretty much debunked as THE factor. You can be slightly more predisposed to developing T2, but it's almost entirely exposure to insulin over time due to diet. The family history connection is learned eating habits, which you have 100% control over.

Pamplemousse
12-11-20, 10:26
Cite your sources for that statement. I know you're tiresomely evangelical about diet but I'm interested to learn how you know more than that organisation.

ankietyjoe
13-11-20, 12:00
The information is out there. I don't record where I got my information from.

If my information tires you, ignore it.

ankietyjoe
13-11-20, 12:04
5 second Google search, Medical News Today -

"Type 2 diabetes It is the most common type, accounting for about 90–95 percent (https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/basics/type2.html) of all diabetes cases in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
As with type 1 diabetes, people with type 2 often have a close family member with the condition.
However, while genetic factors may play a role, experts believe that lifestyle factors, including diet and exercise, have the most significant impact (https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/type-2-diabetes#inheritance)."