PDA

View Full Version : I forgot how to swallow for a second?

thankunext
11-11-20, 16:45
I was talking to my friend and all of a sudden forgot how to swallow my saliva. I panicked and then I was focusing on my swallowing for a bit after that. I’m worried this is a symptom of a partial seizure or brain tumor has anyone else had this?

MrLurcher
11-11-20, 16:49
I was talking to my friend and all of a sudden forgot how to swallow my saliva. I panicked and then I was focusing on my swallowing for a bit after that. I’m worried this is a symptom of a partial seizure or brain tumor has anyone else had this?

Yeah, I've had swallowing issues for quite a while now. And more recently I've had issues with food getting 'stuck' when swallowing.

I would assume that little body glitches like that are pretty common - especially when distracted, like you were when talking to a friend.

thankunext
11-11-20, 16:58
Hopefully. I remember having similar situation when I was younger so I think it can be quite normal or linked to anxiety. I was also drinking alcohol when it happened, I wasn’t drunk but not sure if this contributed to it but could be my anxiety being triggered by the alcohol

RadioGaGa
17-11-20, 22:39
Completely normal

I posted about this on here a few years ago (2018 I think!)