PDA

View Full Version : Night sweats? Or just too hot

alwaysanxious25
14-11-20, 13:07
Hi,
so i’ve always had a huge fear of lymphoma. Probably because I know people who have been diagnosed with it and I am at the likely age (22) of getting it. Recently, the last few nights I have been having quite heavy night sweats. I am going through a period of severe anxiety, so I am hoping it’s just that. Or the fact I am overheating in bed. I am going to bed in a fluffy/wool jumper and sweatpants and sleeping with a thick duvet on with the windows shut and it is also quite mild at night like 14 degrees which is warm for this time of year in the UK, it sounds silly me sleeping with these thick clothes but I like to feel snug lol. I am getting sweat on my back, chest and neck and mild sweats on my legs almost every time I wake up. But it’s more just clammy on the legs. Do you think these sweats are related to lymphoma or just me being too hot? Tonight I will try to sleep with something cooler on, but I am just so concerned as I have such a big fear of lymphoma. I am female if that helps.

glassgirlw
14-11-20, 15:01
Wow that’s a whole lot of layers to sleep in and under, especially in a warmer house! I would be sweating like crazy if that was me. I understand needing to feel cozy but it’s actually better for your body to be a little cooler at night. I sleep in long pants (tshirt material) and short sleeve shirt. Under a fluffy duvet. But also have a huge fan blowing on me all night to combat the warmth a little. Maybe try either not bundling yourself up as much, or a lighter blanket? Even a fan. I really think these sweats you’re experiencing are due to your environment though, not any kind of health issue.

Redsmum
14-11-20, 15:42
Hi,
so i’ve always had a huge fear of lymphoma. Probably because I know people who have been diagnosed with it and I am at the likely age (22) of getting it. Recently, the last few nights I have been having quite heavy night sweats. I am going through a period of severe anxiety, so I am hoping it’s just that. Or the fact I am overheating in bed. I am going to bed in a fluffy/wool jumper and sweatpants and sleeping with a thick duvet on with the windows shut and it is also quite mild at night like 14 degrees which is warm for this time of year in the UK, it sounds silly me sleeping with these thick clothes but I like to feel snug lol. I am getting sweat on my back, chest and neck and mild sweats on my legs almost every time I wake up. But it’s more just clammy on the legs. Do you think these sweats are related to lymphoma or just me being too hot? Tonight I will try to sleep with something cooler on, but I am just so concerned as I have such a big fear of lymphoma. I am female if that helps.

Totally agree with Glassgirl, thats an awful lot of clothes to be going to bed in, coupled with a thick duvet & a closed window i think you’ll find thats the reason for your night sweats. Plus it has been exceptionally warm for the time of year. Try some lighter clothes & an open window for a few nights & see how it goes. Take care.

alwaysanxious25
14-11-20, 16:12
Wow that’s a whole lot of layers to sleep in and under, especially in a warmer house! I would be sweating like crazy if that was me. I understand needing to feel cozy but it’s actually better for your body to be a little cooler at night. I sleep in long pants (tshirt material) and short sleeve shirt. Under a fluffy duvet. But also have a huge fan blowing on me all night to combat the warmth a little. Maybe try either not bundling yourself up as much, or a lighter blanket? Even a fan. I really think these sweats you’re experiencing are due to your environment though, not any kind of health issue.

Thanks. Yeah I think it is just my health anxiety getting the better of me. I have defo had night sweats before due to being too hot. Also I just got a new duvet which is thicker so it could be that. Thank you!

alwaysanxious25
14-11-20, 16:13
Thanks guys. Appreciate it!