PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been through anything similar, this is ruining my life.

Mojojojo89
14-11-20, 20:12
Hi everyone, hope you are all well. I am so fed up with this crippling worry that I have tonsil cancer. My right tonsil is so much bigger than the other, it's weirdly shaped and has a fleshy bulbous lump on top, almost like another layer of tonsil, and very cryptic, I can constantly feel it in my throat, it seems like it's getting bigger. I did get it looked at a while back by the gp and they told me is was unlikely anything to worry about, but now I have found a painless bead like hard lump on my neck (possible lymph node maybe) on the same side as the larger tonsil and I'm freaking out so much as I also feel extremely tired and generally unwell all the time. I'm petrified and can't focus on anything else but this. I fear I'm going to die and I can't do anything or move forward in my life. I'm so miserable. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

ankietyjoe
14-11-20, 20:26
You've had it checked and told you nothing is wrong.

Your tonsil isn't ruining your life, your behaviour is.

It's not normal to obsessively check your tonsils, so stop doing it, right?

If you can't, practice not doing it until you can.

Fishmanpa
14-11-20, 20:29
I'm sorry you're struggling with this worry. I'm a survivor of Head and Neck cancer. My doctor sent me to the hospital from his office after the examination. They don't mess around when they truly suspect something. You've had the all clear. I get that your mind is in a spiral and you can't get the thought out of your head but you have to try. Its the mental stress that's making you 'feel' unwell. There's no reason to be concerned. We are asymmetrical by nature and not made or porcelain. We all have lumps, bumps and irregularities that make us 'human'. ;)

Positive thoughts