PDA

View Full Version : Can’t Sleep Won’t Sleep

Redsmum
15-11-20, 08:40
So i’ve been sleeping reasonably well for past few months have always been the head hit the pillow & gone type of person (staying asleep is always the problem). Anyway for the past week i just cannot get of to sleep in the first place, its not that i’m even worrying which is a good thing, its my mind just thinking what i call nonsense thoughts, you know the ones ‘what shall we have for dinner tomorrow’ ‘have i bought enough xmas cards’ & doesn’t the bloke in the opticians look so much like Craig Tinker in Corrie! When i do finally nod of i then constantly wake thinking the same nonsense. If you haven’t nodded of yourself any tips on how to shut myself up!

Carnation
15-11-20, 10:38
Yes! Trying reading a book. Listening to music. Affirmations. Guided meditation. Word games. Counting sheep. x

Redsmum
15-11-20, 10:40
Yes! Trying reading a book. Listening to music. Affirmations. Guided meditation. Word games. Counting sheep. x

Thanks for reading Carnation, yes i’m going to start the reading again see if that helps if not i’ll move onto the other stuff. X

Carnation
15-11-20, 10:55
I do this sometimes when I go to bed.
I lie there thinking about next day's chores and, who I need to send a Christmas card to and whether I should do some washing in the morning, blah, blah, blah...
Half the time I don't realise I'm doing it until ten minutes in.
Another tip is to jot those things down on a piece of paper, especially reminders.
And if you say to yourself, "ooh, this is cosy, I'm lovely and warm in my bed and ready for sleep" that sometimes works too. x

Redsmum
15-11-20, 12:39
I do this sometimes when I go to bed.
I lie there thinking about next day's chores and, who I need to send a Christmas card to and whether I should do some washing in the morning, blah, blah, blah...
Half the time I don't realise I'm doing it until ten minutes in.
Another tip is to jot those things down on a piece of paper, especially reminders.
And if you say to yourself, "ooh, this is cosy, I'm lovely and warm in my bed and ready for sleep" that sometimes works too. x

Yes will defo try the writing it down on paper, thanks Carnation x

NoraB
16-11-20, 06:29
tips on how to shut myself up!

Write all this shit down in a notebook then listen to some sleep stories on the Calm app. (there is a really nice one on there where I go for walkies with Harry Styles. YOUNG MAAAAAAN!!!) :yesyes: