PDA

View Full Version : Went running while it is cold outside. Now have cough but concerned it is COVID.

THoltz
18-11-20, 16:49
Hello everyone,

So yesterday I went running for a mile and a half. The weather was cold and there was very low humidity (20%) in the air. Afterwards, I started coughing and clearing my throat quite a bit. This morning I woke up with a dry scratchy throat which has dissipated. I am still clearing my throat and coughing a little. Have some mucus.

My temperature seems normal and my oxygen levels are good (98-97 range per my oximeter) even though I am feeling shortness of breath occasionally (Thanks anxiety)

I work from home and rarely go out except to the grocery store and appointments.

As much as I dislike warm humid weather, I really don't like cold dry weather because the cold air gets in my lungs and makes me cough. I am still worried it is COVID though even though I have been not in close contact with anyone except my parents and they don't go out much.

Any thoughts?

ankietyjoe
18-11-20, 17:27
Any thoughts?

Yes mate, get help.

You overreact to every sensation you experience. You need to get on top of it.

Lencoboy
18-11-20, 17:36
Surely going for a run outside in the cold can't automatically cause Covid.

A. Symptoms don't start straight away, onset is at the very least after 2 days.

B. Provided you've been sticking to all the appropriate social distancing and mask wearing inside indoor public places, your risks of catching Covid should (at worst) be extremely negligible.

NoraB
19-11-20, 13:55
So yesterday I went running for a mile and a half. The weather was cold and there was very low humidity (20%) in the air. Afterwards, I started coughing and clearing my throat quite a bit.

I really don't like cold dry weather because the cold air gets in my lungs and makes me cough.

Case closed M'lud. :shrug: