PDA

View Full Version : newbie

Mr Rum
29-10-07, 12:52
Hello there, I have only just noticed this site this morning. I am 36 years old and have suffered from anxiety problems since I was twenty. I am a very confident man which may seem odd, but I have a secret life of fear and anxiety. After a weekend of alcohol I was feeling particularly fragile in myself - yesterday I has some very strange and scary thoughts - so this morning I have been surfing the web and came across this site. Does anyone else suffer with an alcohol problem like myself - I tend to drink too much at weekends and it plays havoc with my head. Two weeks ago I had a mild hallucination in Sainsbury's when everything in my vision froze temporarliy - lasted 1 or 2 seconds - very alarming. Aise from this I function very well - I have a good job and and do a lot of exercise. Sometimes my thoughts are so strange that it truly worries me.

bottleblond
29-10-07, 12:58
Hi Mr Rum,

Welcome to NMP. Alcohol certainly fuels anxiety and can be a major trigger. Could you maybe cut down what you drink? I know it can be very hard for some people but i think you will certainly benefit from it.

good luck with it

Lisa
xx

trac67
29-10-07, 13:04
Hi

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

I moved your post to introduce yourself so members can welcome you

Take care

Trac xxx

Mr Rum
29-10-07, 13:33
Hi Mr Rum,

Welcome to NMP. Alcohol certainly fuels anxiety and can be a major trigger. Could you maybe cut down what you drink? I know it can be very hard for some people but i think you will certainly benefit from it.

good luck with it

Lisa
xx

Hello Lisa - thank you. I am going to try and go on the wagon for a month to see if my mind gets better. I will monitor it. Anxiety has always been a problem for me - in my twenties it was a nightmare - though I am much much better now. I do suffer from dreadful paranoia though - can't seem to get that licked. I sometimes wish for a magic cure that will eliminate fear - have considered becoming a monk when I'm older.

Kind regards, Simon.

Believe
29-10-07, 13:47
Hello Simon,

Welcome to the site. Hope that you enjoy your stay. You will make lots of friends and get great advice.

I agree with Lisa, try to count back on you alcohol. You will notice a difference.

Take Care
Believe

I Believe That We All Will Get Better!

Lindalou64
29-10-07, 15:56
Hello Mr Rum And Welcome To The Site.......linda

honeybee3939
29-10-07, 16:41
Hi Simon

Welcome to Nmp, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get lots of great advice support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Mr Rum
29-10-07, 17:47
Your all very kind thank you. It never occurred to me that there might be sites such as this. I have been tackling these problems for years alone and it makes me feel better to look at this site.

Nibbles
29-10-07, 20:54
Hi Simon and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

groovygranny
29-10-07, 21:02
Hello Simon :welcome:to you!

Glad you noticed us - you'll find plenty of help and support here.

I don't suffer from an alcohol problem, but have experenced the symptoms you describe more often than I care to admit!

Don't worry, you're not alone.

Pleased to meet you!

:smile:

nomorepanic
29-10-07, 22:01
Hi Simon

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Southern_Belle
29-10-07, 23:26
Hi Simon,

Welcome to NMP. I agree with the others that alcohol and anxiety don't mix well. You will find tons of support here and make many friends.

Hugs,

Laura

sandlin
30-10-07, 17:05
welcome Simon

Come on here and have a chat instead of a drink- it gets funny in that chat room.

Linda xx