PDA

View Full Version : Rabies worried

minion
20-11-20, 06:20
Hello. I know I am getting out of hand with my HA. Every single day is a new fear. But in my mind these fears are justified and my voice of reason loses the battle. Yesterday my dog got really ill and needed emergency surgery. Basically a tumour started bleeding internally. When it started at home he was vomiting and bleeding , so I put my hand in his mouth to check if he had swallowed something. He accidentally bit me. After the panic of taking him to the vets, his operation etc. I had to go to the hospital as my bite was hurting. This was 4 hours after getting bitten. The hospital staff cleaned it up and started me on antibiotics.
Now my HA mind is obsessing that I may have rabies. My dog has lymphoma and is on a permanent chemo regime. Because of all the chemo and steroids, his vet has not been giving him his vaccines for the past 4 years , fearing the side effects would be too much for him. He is 8 and did have his vaccines for the first 4 years of his life. In hospital when they asked if my dog was up to date I said yes. But forgot entirely about rabies etc until I got home.

Now I am in a panic (again!)

NoraB
20-11-20, 07:47
Now I am in a panic (again!)

Try and reign the HA in cocker - your pooch is very poorly and he needs you to be fully present.

nomorepanic
20-11-20, 11:51
You dog doesn't have rabies so that is zero chance you can get it.

Try and rationalise this yourself.

minion
21-11-20, 01:22
Thanks guys. I try to think rationally but the mire stressed I get, the higher my HA goes. Please pray for my fur baby. He is being very brave but is very poorly.

Fishmanpa
21-11-20, 20:45
How's your dog doing?

Positive thoughts

minion
27-11-20, 07:17
Hi. He has had 2 emergency operations. They didn’t hold much hope for him but he seems to be pulling through. Thankfully his pain is much better. He is eating and sleeping well which gives us hope. Thanks for asking xx

NoraB
27-11-20, 07:20
They didn’t hold much hope for him but he seems to be pulling through. Thankfully his pain is much better. He is eating and sleeping well which gives us hope.

Go pooch! :yahoo:

Fishmanpa
27-11-20, 12:02
Hi. He has had 2 emergency operations. They didn’t hold much hope for him but he seems to be pulling through. Thankfully his pain is much better. He is eating and sleeping well which gives us hope. Thanks for asking xx

That's great news! Thanks for letting us know. Sending as always...

Positive thoughts