PDA

View Full Version : Escitalopram 10mg 9 weeks

Whitey204
21-11-20, 20:06
Hi ive been on escitaloprám 10mg for 9 weeks when will i feel the effects of the medication? Thankyou

Fishmanpa
21-11-20, 20:31
If you haven't by now, you probably won't. Hopefully, you're starting to feel better.

Positive thoughts

LittleLionMan
22-11-20, 19:26
Did you have many side effects going on to escitalopram?

Medowlark12
24-11-20, 22:43
Hi Whitey,

Going on Antidepressants is an unceratain time and brings up a lot of questions for ones self. I know cause I was Googling a lot at the time!

From my expierence, I upped my dose to 20mg after 12 weeks. The increase was a lot easier than the first 4 weeks weeks on 10mg side effects wise.

There will be plenty of yawning and possibly jaw clenching. This will pass with time.

The medication will get you on your feet, do see out talking therapy if/when you can too.

Wish you all the best,

Medowlark

nomorepanic
24-11-20, 23:15
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

panic_down_under
25-11-20, 10:10
Hi ive been on escitaloprám 10mg for 9 weeks when will i feel the effects of the medication? Thankyou

:welcome: to NMP,

Antidepressants (ADs) typically take 4-12 weeks to kick-in. What are you taking escitalopram for and is this the first AD you've taken? Are you on any other medication, or over-the-counter supplement?