PDA

View Full Version : Kids lymph nodes

Danie57
22-11-20, 18:11
Hi. Panicking a little here. My anxiety has started to flare up again.
So basically both my kids have lymph nodes that I can feel easily in both their neck and groin.
They are 4 and 7 and I have always been able to feel the oldest ones as long as I can remember but iv only recently noticed this on my youngest.
He is very small and slim so I'm unsure whether this is making them more easily found but he has then in his neck and both sides of his groin. Theys smaller than a pea. Is this something I should be panicking about? Any advice would be greatly appreciated thank u xx

nomorepanic
22-11-20, 18:14
How do you know they are lymph nodes?

Danie57
22-11-20, 18:27
I dont really, I'm just assuming that's what they must be x

nomorepanic
22-11-20, 19:05
Ahh ok why not ask for a doc's advice?

Fishmanpa
22-11-20, 19:17
Why are you poking and prodding your kids?

Positive thoughts

Danie57
22-11-20, 19:37
Well I wouldn't put it like that. The way my health anxiety works is that i worry about anything that could happen to my children and go from 0-100. I wasnt 'poking and proding' as you put it, and as I said I noticed this years ago its something that's been playing on my mind. Was just looking for some friendly advice while I'm feeling quite anxious at the moment. 😊

Fishmanpa
22-11-20, 20:33
I wasnt 'poking and proding' as you put it

both my kids have lymph nodes that I can feel easily in both their neck and groin....I have always been able to feel the oldest ones as long as I can remember but iv only recently noticed this on my youngest.....

:huh:

Positive thoughts

Danie57
22-11-20, 20:44
Okay, I shall stop the post now. Thanks for your input. It really helped 😒

nomorepanic
22-11-20, 21:17
I think if they have had then years then they can't be anything sinister and maybe not even nodes at all.

I wouldn't worry to be honest.

Fishmanpa
22-11-20, 21:35
Okay, I shall stop the post now. Thanks for your input. It really helped

Its not about stopping the post, its about stopping the checking behavior that feeds your dragon :winks:

Positive thoughts

melie1818
30-11-20, 21:13
I went through this too in the summer with my two girls. I had a swollen lymph node in my neck and I started feeling my girls necks for the same thing while putting on their sun cream. I was also checking their knees as I thought one of them had got a lump but it was a bone and needed to check my other daughter to make sure. I've managed to come through that but still stressing about other health issues. It's such a difficult thing to overcome.

NancyW
01-12-20, 01:36
I went through this with my youngest, I was so obsessed that I took a flashlight into his room while he was sleeping so I could stare at his neck.

I dressed him in turtleneck sweaters in the day so I wouldn't keep staring and touching his neck because he started slapping my hand away.

What I learned is kids have nodes that swell and sometimes they never go away.

My youngest is 27 now, I can still see the same nodes I was freaking out about when he was 3/4 years old.

MrsEd
02-01-21, 08:46
I also started worrying about my sons lymph nodes when he was about 9 month old. I went to the gp and he said it was a lymph node but its very common in children, often they swell when fighting illness and sometimes they don't ever go down again.

He is nearly 2 now, but a couple of weeks ago was very ill and I happened to stroke his head and the lymph node was double its normal size. He is fine now and its gone back smaller again.

I was obsessed for those few months that he was dying.. Health anxiety is awful.

Danie57
17-01-23, 13:34
Hi Iv posted jn the past about lymph nodes but looking for a bit more advice.

My children now 9&7 have always had palpable lymph nodes ever since I remember.

But I noticed only recently that when they look upwards they produde out if the neck under the jaw and are quite visible.

Both are not visible when moving g their head around its just if they stretch their head back. One under the jaw sticks out.

It's about the size of a grape on both.

I don't know when it appeared as it's not an area I have noticed before. But have been there for around 5 months that I can remember.

My question is how common is that? Is this just because they're small and slim or is it something I should be concerned about?

Thank you

nomorepanic
17-01-23, 17:03
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elise
23-01-23, 14:37
Yes, lymph nodes are easier to feel in thinner people