PDA

View Full Version : OMG what the hell

little kyle
22-11-20, 22:43
Hi all

I missed one does not even that long ago say 2 hrs obviously I have taken it now should set my alarm to take it on time

But in the space of two hours of missing the tablet.

Is it normal like hell I all of a sudden freaked out and had flashbacks. I have never experienced that before and I'm worried. I had a incident that was related to online and phone call activity and seen a number on my phone that I didn't know and bam I started freaking out panicking and having flash backs.

panic_down_under
22-11-20, 23:18
Hi all

I missed one does not even that long ago say 2 hrs obviously I have taken it now should set my alarm to take it on time

But in the space of two hours of missing the tablet.

Is it normal like hell I all of a sudden freaked out and had flashbacks. I have never experienced that before and I'm worried. I had a incident that was related to online and phone call activity and seen a number on my phone that I didn't know and bam I started freaking out panicking and having flash backs.

Quetiapine has a very short half-life, about 7 hours, so taking it as prescribed is important, but I'm not sure that missing a dose by a couple of hours was necessarily the problem, especially if you're on an extended-release form.

What are you taking quetiapine for, at what dose, how long have you been at that dose and are you taking immediate-release, or extended (XR) pills? Are you on any other medication? Have you had any other blips recently?

little kyle
22-11-20, 23:52
Morning and night 25mg short life. For depression anxiety and for an event that left me with trauma. Been in it over a week if not longer

panic_down_under
23-11-20, 11:01
Morning and night 25mg short life. For depression anxiety and for an event that left me with trauma. Been in it over a week if not longer

2x25mg/day is a small starting dose. Are there any plans to increase it? The recommended dose for depression is 150-300mg/day and up to 750mg for other conditions. Given you've only been on it a week I think what you felt had more to do with the stress you're under than from being late taking the dose.

Let the prescribing doctor know if there is a repeat.