PDA

View Full Version : Accidentally took 60mg citalopram

ShaunRyder
29-11-20, 12:12
So I am on 30mg citalopram daily but this morning I was in a rush and forgot I took my dose earlier than normal and took it again, so I've had 60mg, have I overdosed? Should I get checked out or go to and e?

NancyW
29-11-20, 13:01
Why not call a pharmacist?

ankietyjoe
29-11-20, 13:39
60mg used to be the highest recommended daily dose and has since been reduced to 40mg.

As a one off however, 60mg is highly unlikely to cause you any problems. You might feel a bit different?

I would call NHS direct, just to tell them that you've taken it and allow them to guide you.

nomorepanic
29-11-20, 14:37
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

panic_down_under
30-11-20, 06:28
So I am on 30mg citalopram daily but this morning I was in a rush and forgot I took my dose earlier than normal and took it again, so I've had 60mg, have I overdosed? Should I get checked out or go to and e?

A single 60mg dose is very unlikely to have a significant impact and will most probably produce few if any symptoms with anxiety and agitation being the most likely. I would avoid driving, or engaging in other potentially hazardous activities in case your judgement is affected.