PDA

View Full Version : G'day :)

invisible.monster
30-11-20, 09:53
Hi everyone, just thought I'd introduce myself briefly - I am a 27-year old female living in Australia and working in corporate, but my background is actually in psychology! I've had on and off health anxiety episodes in the last 4 years so far, and my current fear is of bowel cancer due to some symptoms I've been experiencing. Prior to signing up as a member, I had been lurking for a couple of days as a guest in this forum, and unlike so many of the cancer forums I've found, this one has actually been helpful in reducing my anxiety, so thanks to all who have contributed, you all truly seem like a lovely bunch :) I'm very excited to share some of my own learnings along the way too, so if you've read any of my posts and have any further questions, please feel free to message me!

venusbluejeans
30-11-20, 10:16
Hiya invisible.monster and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and
are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and
support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

invisible.monster
30-11-20, 11:30
Thank you Emmz :)

Phill2
30-11-20, 23:12
Welcome from a fellow country man.

invisible.monster
01-12-20, 00:32
Thanks Phil! Aussie aussie aussie :)

Lolalee1
01-12-20, 00:58
G’day:Dand welcome from another Aussie
oui oui oui :yesyes:

invisible.monster
01-12-20, 01:16
Haha thank you Lolalee1, omg feeling the love!!! :)

Lolalee1
01-12-20, 01:25
Phill and I are in QLD,very hot up here.
Hope it’s not too bad where you are.x:flowers:

invisible.monster
01-12-20, 01:44
I’m in NSW, 25 degrees at the moment so it’s definitely not bad at all! I love QLD, can’t wait to travel up there again :)

AntsyVee
01-12-20, 01:50
Lola, more of your kind has followed you here LOL

AntsyVee
01-12-20, 01:51
:welcome:

invisible.monster
01-12-20, 03:26
Thanks AntsyVee. Hope it's a nice day where you are in the US too! I have relatives who live there in various states, am currently missing them a lot and can't wait to be able to travel and see them again :)

Phill2
01-12-20, 04:16
It was 30 degrees here at 9am :mad:

invisible.monster
01-12-20, 08:28
Haha well over here the weather has taken quite a turn and we are now drenched in a heavy thunderstorm!

Phill2
01-12-20, 18:43
We desperately need rain up here.
Where in NSW are you?
I was born in Ryde then moved to the Central Coast before seeing the light and moving to QLD.

AntsyVee
01-12-20, 20:23
Thanks AntsyVee. Hope it's a nice day where you are in the US too! I have relatives who live there in various states, am currently missing them a lot and can't wait to be able to travel and see them again :)

Hey, call me Vee. I live in California. Where are your relatives?

AntsyVee
01-12-20, 20:24
It was 30 degrees here at 9am :mad:

Oh, the perks of living in the southern hemisphere. I'm so glad summer is over here. We had too many heat waves this past summer.

invisible.monster
01-12-20, 21:12
I hope you get some rain soon! I’m in Sydney :) Love the Central Coast but can definitely see why you picked QLD!

invisible.monster
01-12-20, 21:13
Hey, call me Vee. I live in California. Where are your relatives?

Hi Vee, I have relatives in California too! The others are in NYC and MI :)

AntsyVee
01-12-20, 23:50
Sydney's weather is almost the exact same weather as it is here...just opposite months and less storms.

invisible.monster
02-12-20, 00:11
Sydney's weather is almost the exact same weather as it is here...just opposite months and less storms.

Yep I’ve heard that too from my old man who used to live in Azusa!

AntsyVee
02-12-20, 01:29
Yep I’ve heard that too from my old man who used to live in Azusa!

oh, okay. Azusa is an hour north of me, by the mountains. It's a lot warmer there, as we have a microclimate here. Azusa weather would be a bit more inland, going west from Sydney. I'm in Orange County. We get more ocean breeze like in Sydney.

Phill2
02-12-20, 05:56
I hope you get some rain soon! I’m in Sydney :) Love the Central Coast but can definitely see why you picked QLD!

How'd you go in the storms yesterday?

invisible.monster
02-12-20, 08:02
oh, okay. Azusa is an hour north of me, by the mountains. It's a lot warmer there, as we have a microclimate here. Azusa weather would be a bit more inland, going west from Sydney. I'm in Orange County. We get more ocean breeze like in Sydney.

Ah fair enough :) California’s weather sounds heavenly no matter which way you go!

invisible.monster
02-12-20, 08:03
How'd you go in the storms yesterday?

It wasn’t too bad, my partner and I were inside a restaurant when the downpour started so we had to wait a while before we could walk back to our car again 😂