PDA

View Full Version : Colonoscopy no appetite after

Eevie
01-12-20, 16:37
wondering if anyone else has had this?

I had my first colonoscopy last night at around 6:30pm. Had anaesthesia.
My mum has had lots of colonoscopies and heard a lot of other people say they are starving after.

I ate a biscuit and a cup of tea after i had anaesthesia at 7pm yesterday. It’s now 4pm the next day and I have no appetite at all. I was very anxious yesterday and had lots of panic attacks so maybe that plus the shock of the MoviPrep has made me feel a bit nauseous and stopped my appetite?

Got a bit of pain but feels more like trapped wind from the air they pump into you doesn’t feel like anything bad.

Has anyone else had the same lack of appetite?

nomorepanic
01-12-20, 17:11
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

Scass
01-12-20, 19:32
I haven’t had one but after my endoscopy I had no appetite either. Perhaps it’s similar?
I’m sure your appetite will come back soon, you’re probably on a bit of an anxiety come down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoraB
02-12-20, 06:55
Got a bit of pain but feels more like trapped wind from the air they pump into you doesn’t feel like anything bad.

Has anyone else had the same lack of appetite?

Your colon has been through a lot in the last few days - limited diet, then nothing at all and the world falling out of your arse so it's is nice and clean for bum-cam. Some people will be hungry after colonoscopy. Others won't. My husband usually eats like a horse but he didn't want to eat at all after his colonoscopy. I farted for Britain after mine and wasn't hungry.

Have some peppermint tea if you're still windy and your appetite will come back in it's own time, but do ease your digestive system back in gently...

Also, take some probiotics to put some good bacteria back in...