PDA

View Full Version : Going to see yet another doctor

TracyL
30-10-07, 04:10
Hi everyone

Just wanted to let you know that I have completely lost the plot :wacko:

I am still so scared of these missed/extra erratic heartbeats. Even though the 24 hour monitor showed them but my doctor said all ok i just can't accept it. I have decided to see a completely new doctor for a second opinion but i'm scared to death she will tell me something bad :weep: . Its like i'm going around in circles. I just wish these things would stop being so constant.

Sorry to keep posting same kind of thread but these beats are the bain of my existance. I feel i wouldn't have anxiety if it wasn't for them.

thanks for listening
Tracy

lesleyB
30-10-07, 14:37
Hi Tracy, sorry to hear you are still anxious, I know it is hard to convince yourself the tests were right but you should be reasurred by this. Good luck with the new doc I hope they understand. I still think I have something wrong with my brain although i have been told not. I know its hard but try to
believe.
Thinking of you
Lesleyb:flowers:

Elly 2
30-10-07, 15:29
Hi Tracy, I know how you feel, it's crazy isn't it, we go to the doc for reassurance, but when we get it we don't believe they are right. I am just the same, have chronic chest pain, been told all ok but I won't accept it. Why? is it that we actually want them to give us bad news, it's almost as if we won't be satisified until they do, and probably if your missed beats were to improve, you like me would find something else to worry about, it's a vicious circle and we need to find a way out of it. Try and stay positive, oh I wish I could take my own advice! lol but I get the missed beats too and have done for years and nothing bad has happened.
Big hugs to you, keep us posted how you get on.

TracyL
31-10-07, 00:58
Hi Lesley and Elly

Thanks so much guys for your replies. Gosh we're our own best enemies arn't we.

Well I went to see the doctor and she was soooooooooo lovely. I ended up being in there for 1 hour. She was fantastic and pretty much thought all the results etc were spot on so said i really need to try and work on the anxiety side. She said that yes i do have irregular heartbeats but that doesn't mean its not normal. She said people that she treats with harmful arrythmias (not sure of spelling sorry) can hardly walk in to her office and can't exert themselves at all. The fact that mine are more when i'm resting is another sign that they are benign. I did feel good once i'd spoken to her. I am going to get an echo done only because i've never had one but she did say that if i felt i didn't want to get it then that was fine also.

I tell you hopefully i can become reassured. Still really hard though when i seem to have an irregular beat all the time when i'm in bed and watching tv etc. Ah well, will have to try and learn to live with them. In fact the docs words last night were TO EMBRACE THEM! lol not sure thats going to happen.

well take care guys and thanks so much

love and hugs Tracy

Janice Booth
31-10-07, 01:34
Tracy - glad you got on well with the new doctor. Just thought I would write as my hubby has had missed beats for years - he had many tests and they said it was just the way he was and nothing to worry about!

Have you thought about taking beta blockers as they regulate your heart a bit and may stop the missed beats - not sure but why not ask your GP?

I hope you now have peace of mind.

Best Wishes

Janice xx

TracyL
31-10-07, 02:26
Hi Janice

thanks for that. I do take a low dose of beta blockers but am wondering whether to take an extra one. My doctor said it would be ok.

thanks heaps your replies are so appreciated.

Tracy

Krakers
31-10-07, 03:43
Hi everyone
Sorry to keep posting same kind of thread but these beats are the bain of my existance. I feel i wouldn't have anxiety if it wasn't for them.

thanks for listening
Tracy

Hi Tracy - probably the other way around - if you didn't have anxiety you wouldn't have the missed beats. Even if you did, without the anxiety you wouldn't worry so.

Anxiety is resposible for so many symptoms its hard to tell where one stops and another starts. I just hope that if you get the thumbs up from the new doc you'll accept their opinion.

Hope all works out well for you hun,

Krakers.

Sorry - should have read all the posts. Glad you got the reassurance you were looking for. Its beneficial if you believe this, not just think its right, but actually believe. Its the first step to recovery.

Apologies again for skipping some posts.

Krakers.

kittykat
31-10-07, 08:55
Hi Tracy,

Glad to hear you got thr reassurance you needed from the new doc, having someone that you can talk to can make a huge difference. this anxiety can manifest itself in so many different ways , but if you weren't focussed in on the missed beats , the anxiety would make you look at another part of your body. Its a long hard struggle , but one day it will get easier and you'll be able to look at things more rationally, im not there yet as something can still set me off, but i live in hope. Take care and glad to hear that everthing is all right.

shirley xx

TracyL
01-11-07, 03:25
Hi Guys

thanks so much for all your support, you're gems :)

I went to the anxiety clinic here today. They seem very good and said it would help me to have that CBT therapy (wasn't sure what it was before but now i know lol). I said, why not! so i'm waiting to hear from them.

Love to you all and keep smiling

tracy