PDA

View Full Version : piece of broken plate in throat

wasdhu
07-12-20, 23:46
I dropped my plate in the sink. At some point while I was cleaning up I thought to myself "What if one of the pieces of ceramic flew inside your mouth?"

I already have a sore throat so this thought is making me hyperfocus on it, which is making my throat feel worse which is ""confirming"" my anxiety.

I don't believe it actually happened but that is the thought my brain keeps telling me even when I tell it to stop. And because I'm paying more attention to my sore throat now and feeling my symptoms getting worse, along with all the irrational thoughts, I'm starting to feel anxious. Now instead of just a slightly sore throat I suddenly have a painful cough and chest pain (my brain: what if you inhaled a small piece of ceramic and it's in your lungs!?)

I hate being like this

Fishmanpa
08-12-20, 00:06
I hate being like this
I would hate it too!

Positive thoughts

Lolalee1
08-12-20, 08:10
There is a song by Kevin Bloody Wilson about something stuck in throat,it’s rude but funny:roflmao:

NoraB
08-12-20, 08:18
"What if one of the pieces of ceramic flew inside your mouth?"

What if I wake up next to Tom Hardy in the morning? :unsure:

I think it's about as likely as you inhaling ceramic.:yesyes:

MagicalSprite
08-12-20, 21:28
I understand! But I’m sure you would have felt it. I broke a plate yesterday and a little piece of ceramic poked my foot through my sock today, I felt that! Immediately went “Ow!” luckily didn’t cut me. Hopefully the fact you saw nothing fly in, and felt nothing fly in either, is enough to settle your mind. And a teaspoon or two of honey in warm water should help your throat X

wasdhu
10-12-20, 00:19
Thank you x of course, it's been a few days and I'm totally fine lol

MagicalSprite
10-12-20, 03:45
Good to hear 🙂