PDA

View Full Version : Second Hand Smoke Scare

SEANML
08-12-20, 09:22
I had a package delivered to my parents house (they smoke). Mom opened it up accidentally (its bottles of CBD oil) Now I am paranoid that the cigarette smoke got into the bottles (I am not sure if I am going crazy or if it makes sense) I am about to throw them out and re purchase them. My cancer anxiety is off the walls. Afraid to consume them in fears that smoke penetrated the bottles somehow

nomorepanic
08-12-20, 10:30
Not possible - please try and think hard about this one.

If it was then everything in your house would be contaminated as well.

Fishmanpa
08-12-20, 11:09
I 2nd what Nic said but if you really can't deal, don't throw them out! Send them to me! the wife and I use CDB for chronic pain and that stuff ain't cheap! I'll pay the shipping! ;)

Positive thoughts

SEANML
08-12-20, 11:38
I dont live there, my mail just goes there. Sadly I wont go into the house due to second hand smoke. But I guess it would not be possible for the smoke to enter the closed bottles. I just am having an attack again

nomorepanic
08-12-20, 11:42
Ok so what are you doing to treat the anxiety?

Why not change your mail to go to your house then this wouldn't happen?

SEANML
08-12-20, 12:40
I may do that, but I was hoping I could fight the anxiety. The damage is already done. I can either throw away 200$ of my stuff or somehow overpower the anxiety and convince myself that there is no second hand smoke in the containers. I dono its intense anxiety. I don't think it is possible for smoke to enter a bottle but I cant seem to convince myself this

**Lol to fish :) made me smile

nomorepanic
08-12-20, 13:36
Don't throw it away - what a waste.

Yes but you didn't say what you are doing to treat the anxiety.

SEANML
08-12-20, 14:51
i take olanzapine and mirtazapine. Waiting to get a phychiatrist. I am technically un treated but doing better then I was a month ago.

nomorepanic
08-12-20, 15:45
That's good then - keep at it and hopefully they will be able to help as well.

SEANML
08-12-20, 15:59
Thank you. It was so bad before. You would laugh at some of the weird obsessions I had. You guys have always been of great help talking me down. I want to one day not require as much meds

nomorepanic
08-12-20, 16:01
Please don't throw away the CBD stuff though - it really will be perfectly fine.

MagicalSprite
08-12-20, 16:36
Even if second hand smoke got in, a one off of second hand smoke isn’t going to cause cancer. Cancer tends to be the (possible) result of toxins going into someone’s body over long periods of time. The body is good at cleaning house, tho as we age it’s not as good as it was - but it can still do it, but if people keep flooding their systems with crap, the body then (possibly) can’t keep up. But as you say, the bottles were sealed anyways. I understand it’s hard though, I’ve thrown food away because it was near cleaning material and I was convinced it may have got in. So I understand. xx

SEANML
10-12-20, 10:47
I was able to calm myself down 50% still paranoid but wont be tossing it out.Thanks again for the chat :) You have helped me out. Still a little blaw but much better then where I was a few days ago