PDA

View Full Version : Boiling water in eye

willous1
08-12-20, 11:11
Hi all,

I was just drinking a tea and when I put the cup down a bit splashed up in my eye. It does not look red or sore and was about 15 minutes ago. i put some warm water in to clean it.

The tea had been there about 10 minutes so wasnt completely boiling but still hot, should I be worried?

Fishmanpa
08-12-20, 11:16
So it wasn't boiling, you didn't run off to the ER screaming in pain and you're posting here... ??????

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
08-12-20, 11:18
If you were worried you would have called someone to get it looked at so it really can't be that bad can it?

You will be fine.

willous1
08-12-20, 11:18
I've just looked closer in eye and there is some redness and a tiny looking dark red patch

nomorepanic
08-12-20, 11:30
Well it is up to you what you do about it - you are responsible for your own health, not us.

willous1
08-12-20, 12:15
I've called 111 but there is a long wait for a nurse to call. Sorry, I just see this place as a comfort zone.

nomorepanic
08-12-20, 13:38
I understand but we can't tell you what to do.

I would just wash it with cold water and keep an eye on it (no pun intended). If you choose to go to the doctors or A&E that is your choice as well.

ankietyjoe
08-12-20, 14:19
Sorry, I just see this place as a comfort zone.

You really shouldn't. You should see it as a place to recover from your health anxiety.

Calling 111 because you splashed some warm water in your eye (that isn't causing discomfort and won't damage your eye) is a waste of everybody's time.

MagicalSprite
08-12-20, 21:19
Hi all,

I was just drinking a tea and when I put the cup down a bit splashed up in my eye. It does not look red or sore and was about 15 minutes ago. i put some warm water in to clean it.

The tea had been there about 10 minutes so wasnt completely boiling but still hot, should I be worried?

Unless you’re in pain with it or have vision issues, I don’t think it’s anything to worry about . Some oil from a frying pan splashed a bit near my eye once and I was not a fan of it. The person cooking went “It actually splashes in my eye sometimes” but didn’t seem phased by it, unless it hurt. Rinse it with cold water or similar and carry on. I think all they’d be able to do at ER is rinse the eye with special water anyway. One time in science class ages ago I (potentially) got acid in my eye and the teacher rinsed my eye with what he called “basically a big bottle of tears” to be safe. So yea, just do another rinse if you’re worried. You may have some irritation from the splash but if it doesn’t hurt or distrupt your sight I doubt there’s any need to panic