PDA

View Full Version : Superstitious ocd palm reading and astrology

scaredgirl86
08-12-20, 17:42
Please help I reading about astrology and it was talking about it predicting your health and then I saw people talking about palm reading and that it’s accurate the readings. I have not nor ever go to a palm reading but being the anxious girl I am I looked up about life line and health line and saw a post about a line that means you’ll have cancer and it scared me. I’m not sure it my lines are that or not I keep looking at my palm and getting terrified. People all acting like astrology is a science and that it’s true. I hate the thought of life being predetermined and we have no choice as an anxiety sufferer thats not what I want to believe.Do you think anyone of this is true or anything worry about

Here’s one of sites
https://www.kosmickonnection.com/cancer

BikerMatt
08-12-20, 20:07
No truth in palm reading and astrology, so don't worry about it.

Fishmanpa
08-12-20, 20:14
Ancient scam....

Positive thoughts

meltedchic
09-12-20, 06:20
Palm readings and all about astrology are just life assumptions. They based their readings on events that are happening between two or more individuals. You may read but dont let get it in to you. Being anxious about these readings will just cause you chaotic mind. So just stay fit, be positive and enjoy life.

Lolalee1
09-12-20, 08:34
Honestly it’s a load of BS.

NoraB
09-12-20, 08:48
I hate the thought of life being predetermined and we have no choice as an anxiety sufferer thats not what I want to believe.Do you think anyone of this is true or anything worry about

When it comes to palms - the lines can actually help to identify certain conditions (for instance - many children with Downs only have a single palmar crease)

Hands, hair, skin, nails and eyes tell doctors a great deal about our health, so it's correct to say that our hands can reveal a lot about our health - I've certainly had several doctors look at both sides of my hands and also my nails - but this is someone who is claiming that a small line - which coincidentally is where palms naturally crease when the thumb and small finger touch - indicates cancer? :whistles:

They are also charging $75 dollars for this (£55) and that's in the 'sale'. :ohmy:

Sod THAT for a game of conkers!

While our hands DO reveal a lot about our health - to those who know what they're looking for - our fate is generally determined by genetics and lifestyle. :shrug:

scaredgirl86
09-12-20, 10:16
Thanks for all the replies. I know it makes no sense about the lines what they are talking about but the thought of your hand telling what’s gonna happen in your life is scary. You are all saying not to believe it I want to still the part that’ll bother me is that many people do they act like it’s factual that’s part makes me worry tiny bit I guess I should just try to ignore right

Fishmanpa
09-12-20, 22:55
the thought of your hand telling what’s gonna happen in your life is scary.

That's like saying, the thought of the boogie man in your closet will predict your future :huh:

Positive thoughts

NoraB
10-12-20, 05:33
but the thought of your hand telling what’s gonna happen in your life is scary

When it comes to palmistry, I don't know much about it except that it's the second oldest profession in the world after prostitution. Coincidentally, palms play a major role in both professions.:yesyes:

scaredgirl86
03-01-21, 05:14
Started worrying again after seeing something a about the lines on wrist called bracelet lines it says having two lines means you only live late 40s to early 50s I’m getting worried again

BlueIris
03-01-21, 05:35
You do know that people on the internet sometimes lie, right?

If this sort of thing scares you, then you need to confine your searching to reliable, evidence-based sources.

NoraB
03-01-21, 07:00
Started worrying again after seeing something a about the lines on wrist called bracelet lines it says having two lines means you only live late 40s to early 50s I’m getting worried again

Most people have 2-3 lines on their wrist and the overall life expectancy in the UK for women is around 83 and 81 in the US - it's always slightly lower for men.

I'll leave that one with ya.

scaredgirl86
03-01-21, 07:46
The believers say this is all science and to deny it is denying science I don’t know I want to say it’s nonsense but quora the site I go on millions of users act like this is all a fact

NoraB
03-01-21, 08:12
The believers say this is all science and to deny it is denying science I don’t know I want to say it’s nonsense but quora the site I go on millions of users act like this is all a fact

The same website which asks mind expanding questions like, 'How can I get girls?' :huh:

BlueIris
03-01-21, 08:30
There is absolutely zero regulation on Quora. Besides, people believe any old shite.

glassgirlw
03-01-21, 11:31

Yes, the lines on our wrists certainly can’t be from bending and flexing our wrists how many thousands of times a day. Do you have any lines on your face? Around your eyes or on forehead from squinting, around your mouth from smiling? Same principle.

scaredgirl86
08-01-21, 07:03
I should say I know it makes no sense to believe this I know that logically what do lines on hands have to do with anxiety but i still worry cause it’s like all magical thinking ocd thoughts

NoraB
08-01-21, 07:39
I should say I know it makes no sense to believe this I know that logically what do lines on hands have to do with anxiety but i still worry cause it’s like all magical thinking ocd thoughts

With respect SG, most things paranormal can be as disturbing as they can be enlightening depending on your mindset, knowledge, and how much drama you watch on TV. It's like with Tarot when people clap eyes on the Death card on TV and they totally shit themselves but it's actually one of the most positive cards to draw! Did you know that?

You clearly have a problem around palmistry, so my advice would be to stop seeking it out. If you're unable to be logical, leave it alone.

Our external body can tell us a lot about what's happening on the inside, for sure, but logically speaking, the lines on our hands and wrists (re this longevity shite) are due to mechanics and nothing more - despite what 'Cosmic Lil' says on a website!

scaredgirl86
13-01-21, 09:10
Nora you don’t believe the part about the not having a defined first line on wrist means you have problems with fertility or any of that right I mean if nothing indicates you do why would lines on wrist mean anything right

Asphyxia
13-01-21, 09:28
I am Norse pagan, I don't use palm reading because av never been really interested in that kinda thing, same with anything else like I do have a tarot deck at home, I was going to a group in Edinburgh about it then lockdown happened and I haven't been there since, I kinda didn't do much with that since but am wanting to try and do that again as it was very interesting, line on your wrist I think everyone has one do they not? it nothing bad about it line on the palms are just that lines, nothing bad will happen but I understand the fear ... I use to be Christan at one point all the superstitions come from made-up stories of scared Christians who wanted to end the lives of pagan by making thing up that arent helpful a black cat is a black cat black cats are less likely to be given homes because of what people say about them, black cats are beautiful

NoraB
13-01-21, 11:25
Nora you don’t believe the part about the not having a defined first line on wrist means you have problems with fertility

No, I don't believe any of that. Problems with fertility is a physical problem with the reproductive system or it's psychological - it's not down to a line (or lack of) on the wrist.

moony_sky
07-02-21, 19:53
i used to be a nonbeliever too ! I used to make fun of people who believed in palm reading and zodiac signs . at a point i started doing a research about these beliefs and well i found some interesting facts . during different historical periods these things started almost simultaneously at different and apart cultures ! well that was weird right !?

NoraB
08-02-21, 09:13
i used to be a nonbeliever too ! I used to make fun of people who believed in palm reading and zodiac signs . at a point i started doing a research about these beliefs and well i found some interesting facts . during different historical periods these things started almost simultaneously at different and apart cultures ! well that was weird right !?

According to my stars today - I have reached a point where I will have a good comparison between 2020 and 2021?

I can affirm this.

2020 - shit.
2021 - still shit.