PDA

View Full Version : Why cant I trust my doctor

smogie
09-12-20, 07:47
Hi back again after a considerable time away so getting dressed on Sunday caught a side glimpse of my left breast and saw an area resembling a dimple immediate panic ensued and a day and a half of sheer panic until I saw the doctor on Monday after a very thorough examination she said she couldn’t even see what I saw said everything felt absolutely normal and both breasts felt and looked exactly the same instant relief and reassurance so why am I still feeling so worried and anxious? It’s driving me crazy she said to go back in a month and she will check again or sooner if anything changes so I am still constantly looking and feeling any advice would be appreciated thanks

ankietyjoe
09-12-20, 08:27
Hi back again after a considerable time away so getting dressed on Sunday caught a side glimpse of my left breast and saw an area resembling a dimple immediate panic ensued and a day and a half of sheer panic until I saw the doctor on Monday after a very thorough examination she said she couldn’t even see what I saw said everything felt absolutely normal and both breasts felt and looked exactly the same instant relief and reassurance so why am I still feeling so worried and anxious? It’s driving me crazy she said to go back in a month and she will check again or sooner if anything changes so I am still constantly looking and feeling any advice would be appreciated thanks

That's why you can't trust your Doctor. You are providing your subconscious mind proof that there's a problem by acting as if there's a problem.

Stop googling, stop checking.

smogie
10-12-20, 07:50
I am trying really hard not to do these things but the anxiety is quite bad I have a lot of stuff I need to be focusing on but can’t get the bad thoughts to go away

ankietyjoe
10-12-20, 09:42
'yeah but' is a common attitude that people with HA have (myself included when I used to suffer).

Stop giving yourself reasons to check, don't try, just stop doing it. Be harder on yourself. It's not different than giving up smoking etc. You can't quit smoking and still put lit cigarettes in your mouth.