PDA

View Full Version : Losing patience with citalopram

madamgg
30-10-07, 15:57
i have been on this drug for just over 2 weeks and do not feel better. i still feel anxious, ok not as much, i feel shaky and having lots of 'what if' thoughts, and i feel quite down.
When will this kick in and start to make me feel a bit better. I'd really appreciate your shared experiences. V scared the drugs aren't going to work for me.
Thanks
Jane

bubblygirl
30-10-07, 16:04
Its very early days.dont give up they may work wanders for you as they did for me. i know its rubbish but uv jus got to ride wiv these feeling as they r jus side effects i know its hard. Id say it took about 6 weeks for me to start feeling the effects of them.ive been on them a year now and its the best thing i ever did.youve jus done the hardest part first 2 weeks is the worst and now theyre in your system hopefully they will start to do there job soon.take care and hang on in there.
Sarah x

nomorepanic
30-10-07, 19:56
Jane

I was told to give medication at least 6 MONTHS for any effect.

They never worked for me so I gave them up in the end.

honeybee3939
30-10-07, 20:10
Hi Jane

Can take a good few weeks before you start to feel the benifits of the drug. I have taken Citalopram for the last 10 years on and off and they really helped me.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

mat74
31-10-07, 13:40
I started on Citalopram 10mg in August then got put up to 20mg in September. Coming up to 3 months on them now and to be honest they only really started to work (feeling the change in myself) after around 8 weeks but we are all different so keep with it for a while yet, it gets better, I promise

pigspeed
31-10-07, 13:45
I wonder if anyone has any advice for me. I started taking cipramil 20mg 6 weeks ago - I got most of the side effects that people have described on this site but was determined to stick with them. After 4 weeks I didn't feel any better so two weeks ago I increased the dose to 30mg. For the past week I have had all of the same effects that I had when I first took them - sweating, nightmares, diarrohea, feeling agitated, headaches. I live in Cambodia so it's hard to get good medical advice - had anyone had the same experience, I'm thinking of reducing to 25mg. How long do these things take to work!!

Esther:shrug:

bubblygirl
31-10-07, 16:43
that is probably because you have increased your dose.your body has just got used to 20mg and now where you have increased it it has to go through the same process again.its just a case of sticking with it i think.i know its hard but side effects do pass usually.
Sarah x