PDA

View Full Version : did anyone's thoughts race even more when starting citalopram?!

joannap
30-10-07, 20:28
i have been on citalopram for 10 days and although i am no longer having major panic attacks - it feels like my mind is constantly arguing with itself - like every single thought sets it off into a tangent of millions of other thoughts. i am riding it out but wondered if anyone else had had this too?

jill
30-10-07, 22:08
Hi Joannap.

I have not been on these meds, but found this tread, which may help
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=23819&highlight=citalopram

If you put citalopram in the search on the top of the forums, it comes up with more threads, sorry I don't know how to put more than one link in.

Hope this helps

Take care

LOVE JILLXX

groovygranny
30-10-07, 23:59
Hi joanna,

Yep, I did - uugh!! :mad:

But do like you're doing and hang on in there because it will pass. :yesyes:

The first couple of weeks for me were horrible but I'm so glad I stuck it out - only had to stay on them for 6mnths.

Big hugs for you

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

:flowers:

joannap
31-10-07, 11:54
hi groovy granny

so relieved to hear someone else has been through it! my brain does it with every thought i have. negative thoughts - i try to replace them with positive but then my brain will argue back at itself with negatives again.

i then can think of a thought like - do our thoughts make up or personality (deep i know!) and then my brain will race round and round trying to solve it. and it does this with literally every thought!

it feels like a major BRAIN STORM! thanks for the encouragement!

frank
01-02-08, 14:39
I can relate to that. I'm a very sensitive guy and i'm about to get married. I've suffered anxiety and depression for years but managed to control it on my own. Now i've met someone all the negative what if'd have come into place and then i get irritable with her for not being the perfect fiancee. I've started citalopram and my anxiety is much worse but I understand this dies down so i know its about bearing with it. I'm realising i've been like this long before i met my fiancee but she is now taking the brunt of it. I'm hanging on in there because i'm getting married in nine weeks! Luckily she is very supportive and understanding. Life can seem so intense!!

doglover
06-02-08, 00:00
That absolutely describes how i felt the first couple of weeks. It was horrible and i felt like i was losing my mind. It did pass though i now i feel soooo much better. Dont give up.
Donna x

pigspeed
06-02-08, 09:46
Hi everyone,

I took 20mg of ciparmail for 3 months and they really increased my panic attacks and I had terrible nightmares. I slowly reduced them over two months and have just stopped taking them. They are not for everyone unfortunately!

Stefan P
06-02-08, 11:27
Hi JoannaP,

Going through this myself at the moment, so you're not alone :) I stopped taking the medication for a month thinking I was "better", and the panic started up again a week ago. Got some more medication and going through a great deal of increased anxiety at the moment, but given that I know the meds do work eventually keeps me vaguely sane.

Just waiting for them to work too :)

joannap
06-02-08, 11:48
hi stefan - nearly 4 months on citalopram and feel sort of normal again! bach flower remedy white chestnut for racing thoughts is really good! hope you feel better soon! xx