PDA

View Full Version : What a blessing!!!!!

eeyorelover
31-10-07, 00:21
Ok before you click on this link, let me give you some background.

As some of you know I belong to a karaoke site.
I get to meet different people from different walks of life that I would never meet in the 'real world'.

Gary is one of my new friends. He's 25 and in a wheelchair. He is developmentally challenged and joined the site to use singing as a way to help with his speech problem.

Every time I feel like I can't make it thru my problems since I've met him I visit one of Gary's song pages to witness a young man of determination and spirit!!

I wanted to share one of his videos so my friends here who I care for so much could see what a blessing Gary truely is.

http://www.singsnap.com/snap/e/b5118d50a

Hope the link works :)
By the way - he made the hall of fame today on the site with this recording :)
xxx
Sandy

Believe
31-10-07, 11:17
Hi Sandy

Thats so great, you can see in his's face the determination to get better. Thanks for sharing it.

Take Care
Tina

I Believe That We All Will Get Better!

Lindalou64
31-10-07, 13:43
HEY SANDY YOU ARE VERY BLESSED TO HAVE GARY AS A FRIEND AS HE IS FOR HAVING YOU.TELL HIM HE IS AN INSPIRATION TO ME AND IM SURE MANY OTHERS, VERY PROUD OF HIM WITH HIS HALL OF FAME AND HIS OUTLOOK ON LIFE A GO GETTER.................LINDA XXXX

trac67
31-10-07, 14:15
Aww Sandy he is a real star, and I bet your so proud to call him your friend :hugs:

Love

Trac xxxx

funky chick
01-11-07, 00:26
Aww Sandy, what a star Gary is thank you for sharing that with us,:hugs: you must be so proud he is your friend xxxxxxxxx:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

eeyorelover
01-11-07, 02:42
I told him I was posting his song and he said 'my Mom will be so proud'.
AWWWWW :)
I am very proud that he's my friend.
He sent me a video of him and his Mom reading a learning to read book today.

He really has made me see things differently!!
One thing he said to me really hit home..
he said I want to be the best 'Gary' I can be!!
I'm always so caught up in how everyone else sees me and making sure that I don't disappoint anyone!!
It really made me realize that if I'm happy with who I am and where I'm at that is all that really matters!!!
I debated on whether I should post this video but I just had to share it :)
xxx
Sandy

pips
01-11-07, 12:14
Lovely Sandy,

Thanks for sharing. What a true Star Gary is!

I work with visually impaired and special needs teenagers and we tend to have a Karaoke night http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_9_20.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZCxdm594YYGB)about once a month and they love it!

Take Care,

Love Pip's X X X X

Gordon
01-11-07, 14:29
A proper inspiration!

I got 100% respect for people who battle the odds and live life the best that they can!

samjane
04-11-07, 08:08
I have to say it brought a tear to my eye, what an amazing young man, so I declare from this day forward I will be “the best Sam I can be”.

Thank you for that it made me think a lot about my own life!

Sam xx

debera
04-11-07, 12:56
aww thank you sandy
what a beautiful person he is. it did make me think about myown problems and realized that we can conquer anything with determination. thank you for sharing with us
debera:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: