PDA

View Full Version : jet lag/anxiety

spacebunnyx
31-10-07, 03:20
heya,

ok, so i'm on the other side of the world on my own at the moment for work:) and have been here for 5 days or so.

i'd just been getting over a MAJOR episode of health anxiety that lasted months. i'd been feeling much better for a month or so and so i thought i was fine to go on this work trip. anyway, my anxiety has flared up massively, i'm worried i have some kind of tumor inside me (i got treated for precancer a few months ago). i feel REALLY weird and am struggeling to talk to people (i'm at a conference) all my confidence feels like its gone out of the window.
i know i've done good to get here though and i will get through it.

i'm finding it VERY hard to sleep too and can't seem to shake the jet lag. has anyone else experienced this? - a flare up of anxiety after a long flight!:huh:

cheers

jess xxx

Krakers
31-10-07, 03:33
Only had a flare up of anxiety / 7 hours of PA's on a transatlantic flight. As such, I can only congratulate you on flying soooo well with no hiccups. Thats a major achievement, and you should certainly congratulate yourself for it.

Your body takes time to settle back in to a natural rhythm, as does everybody elses (including all those non sufferers on the same flight). Rather than looking for symptoms that might start you off, try making your night time routine 20/30 mins earlier every night until your body is back in kilter with the time zone.

Might take a little while, but theres absolutely nothing wrong with you in that respect. Took me 3 weeks when I returned from LA, but only 6 hours when I flew out there. Everyones different, just take small steps and let the office / work know you may have to sleep in for a couple of hours for a few days, but you'll make it up. They sent you, so the least you can expect is a little leaway.

Krakers.